PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2010, 03:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™
Carrier: Sprint

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sold TP2 w/SsS-ROM 2 & now won't activate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Gadget View Post
Here is what buyer just told me:
"Thanks I did esn swap online twice and chat with CD twice they did swap still no luck. Called tech support twice they walked me through it twice and went to store. Here is the problem.... when I put in the ## code it never takes me to the edit screen to enter the maid and msn numbers. This may clarify problem."
you do realize if she wants to launch espt so bad she can do it from windows directory via file explorer as well......just a fyi

Phone:
Sprint EVO 3D Rom:Kaos Hybrid 4.20 V8 Radio: 0.97 Storage Card: Micro 32GB SDHC

Old 02-10-2010, 03:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Got to the party a little a little late. Just to clarify though, there was some wrong information listed in this thread. Whether you activate online, at a Sprint store, or on another planet, you will also need to get into the program screen with your MLS code to program your number into the phone.

For future people, flash back to stock if you are going to sell your device with letting the buyer know you will let help them get 6.5 onto it after......

Isn't there also a cab file or something that opens up the programming screen to enter your info that can be used on a custon Rom? I could have sworn I used to have something that worked.......
Old 02-10-2010, 03:37 PM
VIP Member

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny View Post
Ok, so I installed the RUU above and then activated again and all works fine! except waiting on the internet to work guess it takes a bit to start working. Can't figure out how to update profile on this phone yet.....lol Thanks so much everyone for all the help. Wonder why Sprint couldn't re install the same thing. Guess I should have came here first huh? Now will have to tell them to cancel the order for the new one if they can.

BOY is this interface UGLY! Can I reinstall 6.5 now? and where do I get the correct one?

Thanks Eric!
Is your data working yet? If not, I would wait to install 6.5 in case you need to return to the store for anything........If you are good, then flash away since you are already unlocked!

First page on the CDMA upgrade section has pretty much all the good working Roms for ya!
Old 02-10-2010, 03:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint/Employee

c0011j is becoming a great contributor

Just to re iterate...

Whenever you go through an ESN swap if it is to another line you will need to go into EPST to reprogram the MDN and MSID since that will change.

The simplest way is if you do plan on selling your phone , reflash it to stock then let the end user do what the want.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

Penny is just getting started

Yes my internet is working fine now. So I want to put 6.5 back on here. Do I need to unlock again being that I put back the Sprint RUU?
Old 02-11-2010, 10:31 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Yes my internet is working fine now. So I want to put 6.5 back on here. Do I need to unlock again being that I put back the Sprint RUU?
No, by putting back a stock Rom you do not need to unlock again. You would actually have to run a seperate locker to lock your phone back up so flash away. A lot of people actually flash back to stock first before flashing a new Rom. They think it will give you a better flash. Not sure if this technique is actally proven though as others will argue it is pointless.......
Old 02-11-2010, 10:35 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
If you want you can try my rom, It also has all the optional sprint software cabbed up in the 4th post so you and install what you need.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=91898

Download and run it. it will flash just like the shipped rom you used.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 02-11-2010, 10:44 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. X View Post
If you want you can try my rom, It also has all the optional sprint software cabbed up in the 4th post so you and install what you need.

Look at this free advertising.....lol
Old 02-11-2010, 11:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. X View Post

Thanks I will try it.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Ok, one more question. I am really new to the TP2. I have had several WM phones but never flashed a custom ROM. So, If I wanted to flash this one. How do I do it? Step by step please....and if I have missed it forgive me. I didn't get home from work till after midnight and only got a few hours sleep.

Also, I read that this ROM you need to manually do something to the MMS? Will the cab files I saw in another post fix this?

Thanks again guys

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2