PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2009, 05:01 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: Who plans to go HD2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
Well AT&T has mopre users than Sprint, and T-Mobile is rapidly approaching them, so this thread doesn't mean too much in the grand scheme of things.

Sprint is losing customers by the millions every quarter, while both T-Mobile and AT&T are gaining by the millions every quarter. I would think that millions of people speaking with their wallets means a lot more than what 20 or 50 people post in a thread.
they have more users because of the iphone. they definitely don't have more winmo users. once att gives up the iphone to verizon, att will be no more, the iphone is their savior not their network. i will tacle all your points one by one.

1) the dialer feature for conference call is the same technology as being able to talk and web browse at the same time, i already said thats an advantage.

2) covered above.

3) I have cell tower location with google maps and enjoy the instant location lock, so i don't know what your're talking about. cell tower just isnt working with bing.

4) this is your opinion, i love the phones sprint has. gsm gets phones 1st because the world uses gsm, but they don't get better phones "IMO"

5) the ease of changing phones thru sim is not an advantage to me but if you're someone who switches phones often ( i have no clue why) then i guess this would work for you, i don't mind going online and switching it instantly.

6) i don't care what website you are using but evdo rev a speeds and network realiability are greatly enhanced with cdma, i don't even know why you brought that point up. if it was a faster network and more reliable, all these people wouldn't be holding on to verizon and sprint so tough.
Google is the next skynet
Old 12-29-2009, 05:13 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX

Quote:
Well AT&T has mopre users than Sprint, and T-Mobile is rapidly approaching them, so this thread doesn't mean too much in the grand scheme of things.

Sprint is losing customers by the millions every quarter, while both T-Mobile and AT&T are gaining by the millions every quarter. I would think that millions of people speaking with their wallets means a lot more than what 20 or 50 people post in a thread.
By your logic a Honda Civic is the best car because lots of people buy it. I hate to break it to you, but out of those millions of people, how many do you think are actually making an educated decision? Those same people are more likely to be swayed by commercials of a dude throwing postcards then actual facts.

Jumped ship for Android now that WM is officially useless.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:16 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisdomWolfX View Post
By your logic a Honda Civic is the best car because lots of people buy it. I hate to break it to you, but out of those millions of people, how many do you think are actually making an educated decision? Those same people are more likely to be swayed by commercials of a dude throwing postcards then actual facts.
Or... the fact that its one of the worlds most reliable cars, one of the best cars to have for gas mileage may have something to do with that. I see where you were going but not a great selection lol.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:16 PM
VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/Focus/soon EVO3D

Mr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

hope this thread doesn't turn into a what carrier is better thread
Old 12-29-2009, 05:18 PM
The EVO Guru

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimecm View Post

lol its headed in that direction. I will say though the only real advantage Sprint gave me over T-mobile was data speed. I still get dropped calls in certain areas when im not in or near a large city and there are parts of central GA where i'm roaming with Sprint and no one else is. I will say that I do miss being able to just buy unlocked phones and put the sim card in though....
Old 12-29-2009, 05:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

solarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
If the HD2 had a keyboard and tilting scxreen, I'd be there. T-Mobile prices are actually better than Sprint's in a lot of cases, and GSM is better than CDMA too. So I'd have no problem switching to T-Mobile.

I have no interest whatsoever in getting a phone that doesn't have a keyboard though, so the HD2 doesn't do it for me.
T-mobiles prices are comparible to sprint... hahahaha.. Maybe for a single plan but no carrier comes close for the family everything plans with unlimited any mobile to mobile calling....

The features you get almost double the cost of the plan on any other carrier.
real / not capped unlimited data
unlimited text messaging
unlimited music/sprint tv
unlimited sprint nav (tom tom etc holds nothing to live/online updated maps with ratings)
nights and weekends start earlier w/o additional fees although it doesn't matter much since the unlimited any mobile2mobile. (not just in network).. who uses many minutes calling normal phones anyway? My shared plan minutes usage has dropped to almost nothing...
what about that coverage? at&t plus tmobile do not compare... There is alot of white space on that US map for both.

etc etc.. and sprint is about to release a 4g phone.. at&t and t-mobile can suck it.

Last edited by solarflarex; 12-29-2009 at 05:25 PM.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:23 PM
The EVO Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarflarex View Post
T-mobiles prices are comparible to sprint... hahahaha.. Maybe for a single plan but no carrier comes close for the family everything plans with unlimited any mobile to mobile calling....

Having worked for Sprint.. there is one thing that you need to understand. Sprint's prices arent so low because that's how they want them to be...they're low because they are shedding customers and are trying to do whatever they can to stop churn and hopefully gain new customers. That's the ONLY reason they came out with that any mobile plan because they're having to take drastic measures to stay afloat. Now im not complaining about it at all but im just sayin...

Verizon doesnt drop their prices because they dont have to..why would they? They have the highest plans but are gaining the most customers per quarter, have the largest network and the best service. People will pay for quality...
Old 12-29-2009, 05:24 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimecm View Post
Good point. Back on topic. I am still holding my breath to see what 2010 brings. I am fairly certain that I will not change devices if it doesn't have a keyboard, but I am leaning towards android as I see WM neglected more and more with things like Slacker and Groovefish.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
they have more users because of the iphone. they definitely don't have more winmo users. once att gives up the iphone to verizon, att will be no more, the iphone is their savior not their network. i will tacle all your points one by one.

1) the dialer feature for conference call is the same technology as being able to talk and web browse at the same time, i already said thats an advantage.

2) covered above.

3) I have cell tower location with google maps and enjoy the instant location lock, so i don't know what your're talking about. cell tower just isnt working with bing.

4) this is your opinion, i love the phones sprint has. gsm gets phones 1st because the world uses gsm, but they don't get better phones "IMO"

5) the ease of changing phones thru sim is not an advantage to me but if you're someone who switches phones often ( i have no clue why) then i guess this would work for you, i don't mind going online and switching it instantly.

6) i don't care what website you are using but evdo rev a speeds and network realiability are greatly enhanced with cdma, i don't even know why you brought that point up. if it was a faster network and more reliable, all these people wouldn't be holding on to verizon and sprint so tough.
Uh, wrong. AT&T was the #1 carrier before the iPhone. They are now the #2. There is no way anyone can say the iphone is the only reason they are bigger than Sprint. They were bigger than Sprint long before anyone ever heard of an iPhone. If anything, the iPhone is hurting AT&T because of all the users taking up data bandwidth.

And don't even get me started on Windows Mobile phones. AT&T's Touch Pro 2 has WM 6.5, and they also have that Windows Mobile phone that has a projector built in. Do you have anything to back up your claim that Sprint has more Windows Mobile users?

Now, to address your claims...

1: The conference calling is not the same thing as using simultaneous voice and data. It's a conference call. Totally different.

2: Simultaneous voice and data is not the same as a conference call.

3: No, you don't have true cell tower location with google maps. Google just maintains their own database of cell towers. If you don't know what I'm talking about, see the wuote and link I posted earlier in this thread (to the microsoft forums).

4: How can you say GSM doesn't get better phones? This entire thread is about leaving Sprint for a GSM phone, lol. GSM also has that Windows Mobile phone that has a built in projector, will be getting the Omnia Pro, The Sony Xperia series, and going back they had the Kaiser and the HTC Universal. There is no comparison here. GSM gets better phones, and I don't see how you can even try to debate that.

5: Well for starters- Sprint won't let you switch to certain phones unless you have a certain plan. That is not an issue with GSM. Plus, when you switch phones on CDMA, you are instructed to leave at least one (or both) of the phones turned off for a period of time. Not an issue with GSM.

6: There are WAY more people holding onto AT&T than there are holding onto Sprint. Again, millions of customers leave Sprint every quarter- and have for quite some time. Millions of people join AT&T every quarter, and have for quite some time. So your point about peoiple hanging onto Sprint is ridiculous. When Sprint starts gaining customers, then you might have a point. But right now, that's hillarious that you would even say something like that.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisdomWolfX View Post
Not my logic, get it right. The other dude was the one saying CDMA must be better because so many people wanted to stay with Sprint. I was only pointing out how ridiculous it was to make such a statement when Sprint has been bleeding millions of customers every quarter for a while now.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2