PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2010, 10:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Who plans to go HD2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
Its not just speed but simplicity. Android simplifies, windows takes extra steps for simple shit.. hell ya gotta do a reg edit just to get the thing to send a text without a pop up...

Gotta do reg edits for everything.lol
Well that is not a Winmo issue, but an HTC and carrier issue. Winmo left the option to either have the popup or not. HTC and the carriers chose to enable that option. Most of us then chose to disable it.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:26 PM
VIP Member

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
you're trippin youre basing winmo 7 off advertising? are you trippin man? winmo is changing its os because it sucks compared to iphone and android os at this time. here is back to back articles where they are talking about iphone sales and android sales because no one cares about winmo. advertising isn't why winmo sucks, winmo sucks because it isn't a next gen os'. winmo 7 will be oh so different. you don't want to talk about sales and the most rapid growing os' and who is predicted to be number 1 by 2011 or 2012, just stop right now. winmo 6.5 is DEAD.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-10191525-94.html

http://www.gomonews.com/android-vs-i...t-can-it-last/

http://www.intomobile.com/2009/03/06...s-by-2012.html

the list doesn't stop i can keep going. Even here on the ppcgeeks front news page a month or 2 back they had an article about android being the number 1 os soon.
Android may very well be the #1 OS someday. You know why? Because it's FREE. Why would a carrier PAY for Winmo when they can get Android for FREE? Get real man.

But as of right NOW, Winmo sales are KILLING Android sales. So get the f out of here with your sales predictions, lol.

Again- if you are so sure Winmo is doing this drastic change, then tell me what they are changing already. The fact is you DON'T KNOW. And i am pretty sure they aren't changing all that much. They will probably change the interface 9which is the #1 complaint about winmo- even in this thread you guys are only knocking the interface). And they will add xbox features and zune features because they can. other than that, all of their business users will be pissed if their hundreds or thousands they spent on apps are suddenly gone and need to be replaced.

You keep posting your opinion, acting like it's an acce[ted fact, and EVRYONE else agrees with you. You're wrong man. People in this thread disagree with you, and the facts have disagreed with almost every single one of your posts.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:27 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimoss View Post
I myself can't and would never bring myself to own a Nexus One over a Touch HD2

The HD2 is just so sophisticated and wrapped up in solid construction and elegance, performance and familiarity, it makes me feel all warm inside just thinking of it

Would not be able to deal with the NexusWhat's 3.7 inch screen...and no keyboard....and its a little on the chubby side, know what i mean?

HD2 is my trophy wife on a diet plan, and with extra pep in her step mmph
Even with that 4.3 inch screen the keyboard is still bigger on the nexus.. hahaha the damn arrows take up too much.... hand the colors look so much better On the n1.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:28 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Hmmm should I post a video oh the nexus beating the hd2...
Lets see if it beats the more powerful T-Mobile version. or heck, lets see if it even beats the older European version when running Mobile Shell and skyfire.

Yeah, if you have that video post it.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:30 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Even with that 4.3 inch screen the keyboard is still bigger on the nexus.. hahaha the damn arrows take up too much.... hand the colors look so much better On the n1.
don't argue with him. he's living in a dream world. android os is better, he hasn't proven one point how that os is more finger and user friendly. like i said he's living in a bubble. hd2 is not bringing anything new to the table only a 1ghz processor, it will basically be what we have now, android os and winmo 7 are completely different.
Google is the next skynet
Old 02-04-2010, 10:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Android will become the next Symbian OS if not the next Symbian OS now thats it's all open source

Windows Mobile will always have a place in the mobile market just as Windows has a place in the PC market. As long as there is one there will be the other.

Given all things considered I don't accept Google's i mean Androids view of how simple my OS should be. I want MORE i want Windows Mobile 7 - end catchy commercial
Old 02-04-2010, 10:33 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

That sales article you posted was stupid. Said they have no clue how much was sold, but yet sold more than Google's 20,000. Well if ya don't know how much was sold, how the f can you compare.... Fail..
Old 02-04-2010, 10:34 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
don't argue with him. he's living in a dream world. android os is better, he hasn't proven one point how that os is more finger and user friendly. like i said he's living in a bubble. hd2 is not bringing anything new to the table only a 1ghz processor, it will basically be what we have now, android os and winmo 7 are completely different.
Android is not more finger friendly than Mobile Shell, lol. If anything, they are the same. I think google designed the Android interface based on Mobile Shell.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Because you've seen an HTC HD2 and a Nexus one in real live color spectrum to consider making that comparison right? please say "right" hahaha

But i know you haven't just saw some internet comparisons of a 3.7" device vs a sleeker 4.3" Black Beauty
Old 02-04-2010, 10:36 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
That sales article you posted was stupid. Said they have no clue how much was sold, but yet sold more than Google's 20,000. Well if ya don't know how much was sold, how the f can you compare.... Fail..
No, it said they know there wer eonly 20,000 Nexus One's sopld. As for the HD2, they didn't have exact numbers but they know it sold out everywhere and was backordered for a while.

Do you have any numbers of you own? Or do you have anything that even hints that I may be wrong? No, you don't?

FAIL
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2