PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2007, 10:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

Killabee44 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectHybrid
chall,

Hey the question I have then is when I talk to a SERO rep will they ask me anythign about the employee email and or any information about them? I dont mind using the savings@xxx email but if I get grilled on the spot on who gave it to me, why they gave it to me blah blah blah , I could screw myself but, will they ask me how I know the person or anything like that when I call in?

PH

Chall,

In reality, most reps wont ask you where you got it from. Some won't even ask for the email address. Use
Code:
Savings@sprintemi.com
. That one works without problems.

Or you can use this one:

Sprint has their own official forum and this was posted by an admin:

"For a limited time The Sprint Employee Refferal Offer is now open to users of Buzz About Wireless. This is a great deal for both voice and data plans.

I've included a link to the SERO information page here. The offer is only available in certain markets and there are some rules that apply. You will need my email address, tristan.kime@sprint.comThis email address is being protected from spam bots, you need Javascript enabled to view it , to use the program."

Or this one:

"Sprint, a valued and proud partner of USSA since 1993, recently extended its special pricing offers to fans, friends and family of the U.S. Ski Team and U.S. Snowboarding. These fabulous offers from Sprint include deeply discounted service plans with unlimited text messaging and web/data access, plus handset and broadband card deals, and other great service options!

Click here to learn more about this opportunity. Now through June 30th, invite as many people, including yourself, to find all the special employee discounts available through the Sprint Employee Referral Offer (SERO) (sero web address here) . Use
Code:
skiboard@sprint.com
as the e-mail address to access the site. Or, simply call 1-888-882-4030 and refer to
Code:
skiboard@sprint.com

This benefit is normally offered only to Sprint employees. USSA is honored Sprint shared it with us and we encourage you to take advantage of this opportunity!"

Believe me, if a rep gives you any problems, just hang up and redial. Another will answer that wont care.

Killabee44
Old 06-19-2007, 10:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

PerfectHybrid is a n00b
Killa,

Thanks for the quick repsonse. That makes me breathe a little easier, Osz, I am looking to get the 6800 for my new sprint account, how would I go about getting a couple from you? (one for me and one for the gf?)

Thanks

Don't forget to hit the '+'
Old 06-19-2007, 11:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP

sledgie is a n00b
lets not turn this into a sero thread!
Old 06-20-2007, 12:40 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6700>TOUCH>MOGUL
Carrier: Sprint Pcs

vince22sh is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to vince22sh Send a message via MSN to vince22sh Send a message via Yahoo to vince22sh
Just found out 1 of my line (i got 3) contracts been up since march so im eligible for $150 rebate, i might call retention and see whats the best price i can get for the 6800 eventhough i purchase a 6700 few months ago....anyone got tips?
Old 06-20-2007, 01:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Touch Pro 2/Touch Pro/Treo 700wx

jeffH70 is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pibe38
Also, for anyone who wants to know, the Mogul has 25.65 MB of Program (RAM) memory available. This is after the first soft reset after the device itself ran the Sprint customization script. No apps or anything has been installed.
Pibe38,

Do you have SKTools to see why there was so much memory usage? A clean 700WX which has the same amount RAM (64 M) has over 40 M available. What kind of blotware does this Mogul run?

Jeff
Old 06-20-2007, 01:40 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

joeytmann is a n00b
Well it took a whole day for mine to ship, but its finally on its way. Not sure if I should be tweaked at sprint or ups.....eh screw it not worth it just glad its on its way.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:45 AM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffH70
Quote:
Also, for anyone who wants to know, the Mogul has 25.65 MB of Program (RAM) memory available. This is after the first soft reset after the device itself ran the Sprint customization script. No apps or anything has been installed.
Pibe38,

Do you have SKTools to see why there was so much memory usage? A clean 700WX which has the same amount RAM (64 M) has over 40 M available. What kind of blotware does this Mogul run?

Jeff
I'm installing all my apps as I type... it'll take me a few minutes but will report on it.

I can say though that not too long I had 7 MB left and did not notice anything slow. I had File Explorer, Internet Explorer, Messaging, and Pocket Word open. Closing everything but AS, brought me back to around 14 MB.

I still don't like the number since I'm coming from a WX as well, but did not notice any slowdowns.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 06-20-2007, 02:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Touch Pro 2/Touch Pro/Treo 700wx

jeffH70 is becoming a great contributor
Quote:

I'm installing all my apps as I type... it'll take me a few minutes but will report on it.

I can say though that not too long I had 7 MB left and did not notice anything slow. I had File Explorer, Internet Explorer, Messaging, and Pocket Word open. Closing everything but AS, brought me back to around 14 MB.

I still don't like the number since I'm coming from a WX as well, but did not notice any slowdowns.
That is not a good news at all. There are quite a lot applications requires over 20 M free RAM to run, such as games and some of the GPS navigation software (specially those with text to speech ones). I guess SKTools is a must for this phone. I can reclaim most of the RAM by running it. It is quite different from just close the program. Normally, even the program is no longer shown up in the program list, a lot of share libraries and hidden programs are still running. That tool can terminate most of them and kill individual process if necessary.

On WX with those tools (Resco instead of file explorer) along with spb pocket plus with spb phone tools, spb weather, spb times, etc, I still have over 30 MB RAM available.

Jeff
Old 06-20-2007, 04:16 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint Ofcourse

tech is keeping up the good worktech is keeping up the good worktech is keeping up the good work
i have a ? does memaid still works on wm6?

Sprint Overdrive Pro 4G
Old 06-20-2007, 06:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4g

blockburner28 is a n00b
Ordered mine 2:00 p.m June 18 and my order is still in is awaiting fulfillment

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan