Old 06-20-2007, 02:19 AM
jeffH70
PPCGeeks Regular

jeffH70 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pibe38

I'm installing all my apps as I type... it'll take me a few minutes but will report on it.

I can say though that not too long I had 7 MB left and did not notice anything slow. I had File Explorer, Internet Explorer, Messaging, and Pocket Word open. Closing everything but AS, brought me back to around 14 MB.

I still don't like the number since I'm coming from a WX as well, but did not notice any slowdowns.
That is not a good news at all. There are quite a lot applications requires over 20 M free RAM to run, such as games and some of the GPS navigation software (specially those with text to speech ones). I guess SKTools is a must for this phone. I can reclaim most of the RAM by running it. It is quite different from just close the program. Normally, even the program is no longer shown up in the program list, a lot of share libraries and hidden programs are still running. That tool can terminate most of them and kill individual process if necessary.

On WX with those tools (Resco instead of file explorer) along with spb pocket plus with spb phone tools, spb weather, spb times, etc, I still have over 30 MB RAM available.

Jeff