PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2008, 08:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Vogue
Carrier: Alltel

bimerguy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Alltel GPS with A-GPS - super fast lockon

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow-tech View Post
you can not put a ROM made for the 6800 on the 6900.

try going back to gps easy way thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=27180

check the troubleshooting section.

i updated it today.
Thanks for the confirmation about the ROMs between the 6800 and the 6900 Alltels.

But now, you said try going back to the gps easy way thread and check the troublesooting section...Sorry but, what do you mean by this and how will it help me with the original Touch ROm and getting the GPS to work.

I'm sure it's obvious to you and appreciate your patience with my questions but what exactly do I need from the gps easy way that will provide the means to enable the internal gps on my Alltel Touch?

Is it the zip file at the first thread and if so what in it will "I" use for my as-is Alltel Touch?

Thanks in advance,
bimerguy
Old 09-22-2008, 10:27 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimerguy View Post
Thanks for the confirmation about the ROMs between the 6800 and the 6900 Alltels.

But now, you said try going back to the gps easy way thread and check the troublesooting section...Sorry but, what do you mean by this and how will it help me with the original Touch ROm and getting the GPS to work.

I'm sure it's obvious to you and appreciate your patience with my questions but what exactly do I need from the gps easy way that will provide the means to enable the internal gps on my Alltel Touch?

Is it the zip file at the first thread and if so what in it will "I" use for my as-is Alltel Touch?

Thanks in advance,
bimerguy
If it's like the 6800 download the cabs and then it should unlock GPS. After that then follow the directions in post 1.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800 & Touch Pro
Threadstarter

shadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on rep

in this thread, there is a requirements section. one of the requirements is to have your gps enabled. this particular thread is how to IMPROVE upon your already-enabled gps. so, under the requirements section there is a link that you are to follow if ur gps has NEVER been enable. once it is enabled, come back to this thread to drastically improve the gps performance.

step one: goto the gps easy way thread and follow the directions.
step two: come back to this thread and follow the directions.

let me know if u get it working or need more help.

Last edited by shadow-tech; 09-23-2008 at 12:02 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

shadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on rep

updated post #2. created a cab file, for each of the carriers, that will automatically create the registry entries. save a bit of time.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VX6800
Carrier: Verizon

stonecoldtx is a n00b

Shadow-Tech--last week, I posted a question to you, and you haven't responded:

I quoted you here:

Quote:

- Sprint and Telus may need to use GetSPC if 000000 is not their code
here: http://rapidshare.com/files/44874437/GetSPC.zip.html
HERE is the question:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecoldtx View Post
I have downloaded that app from the location in that link, unzipped it, and when I try to run it, I get an error indicating that it's not a valid Win32 application.

I even copied the .dll file that was included in the .zip file to my system32 directory, and that didn't work either.

Could you tell me what I need to do to make this work?

Thanks!
Thanks!
Could you please respond?

Thanks!
Old 09-23-2008, 12:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

it runs on your phone.
sorry, i must have missed that one.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VX6800

stonecoldtx is a n00b

Quote:
it runs on your phone.
sorry, i must have missed that one.
Not a problem--thanks for the info! Now that you mention it, that would explain why I kept getting the error message stating it was not a win32 application!

I will run this on my colleage's phone at work--that's the phone that we are trying to apply these steps to.

Again, Thanks!
Old 09-27-2008, 03:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

i updated the 1st post, clarified using SPC.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio

DiceDemon is a n00b

WOW!!
This actually works wonders! Highly recommended.
Getting quick locks indoors when I was getting NOTHING before.
Running Live Search and IGuidance no priming of GPS needed.
The only stumbling block I had was that I'm on Qwest, and the service programming code "000000" wasn't working. I used info from here-
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=5531&page=13
and found my phone's SPC/MSL
thanks again!
Todd
Old 09-29-2008, 01:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiceDemon View Post
WOW!!
This actually works wonders! Highly recommended.
Getting quick locks indoors when I was getting NOTHING before.
Running Live Search and IGuidance no priming of GPS needed.
The only stumbling block I had was that I'm on Qwest, and the service programming code "000000" wasn't working. I used info from here-
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=5531&page=13
and found my phone's SPC/MSL
thanks again!
Todd
getSPC link is on the 1st post. in the troubleshooting section.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan