PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2008, 05:15 PM
Lurker

jakub_w is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Alltel GPS with A-GPS - super fast lockon

just wanted to post that i did the registry changes from post #2 (im on bell) with NONE of the other stuff in post #1, just for fun to see what would happen. no qpst fix or anything! my GPS is working FAST now, ive had a cold start lock within 5-10secs every time. (still set on gpsmode 4)

awesome!
Old 09-15-2008, 08:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Vogue
Carrier: Alltel

bimerguy is a n00b
Re: Will this work on my new Alltel Touch?

I have had the Alltel PPC6800 and got the internal GPS working and now am switching to a Alltel Touch and need to know if I can get the Alltel Touch to have it's GPS activated like the PPC6800?

Thanks,
Old 09-16-2008, 01:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800 & Touch Pro
Threadstarter

shadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Will this work on my new Alltel Touch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimerguy View Post
I have had the Alltel PPC6800 and got the internal GPS working and now am switching to a Alltel Touch and need to know if I can get the Alltel Touch to have it's GPS activated like the PPC6800?

Thanks,

yes sir you can. follow the same steps.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

shadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakub_w View Post
just wanted to post that i did the registry changes from post #2 (im on bell) with NONE of the other stuff in post #1, just for fun to see what would happen. no qpst fix or anything! my GPS is working FAST now, ive had a cold start lock within 5-10secs every time. (still set on gpsmode 4)

awesome!
interesting. i wonder if the bell phones come a bit different then ours. anyways, great job! keep up the good work! thanks.
Old 09-16-2008, 04:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Verizon

prsmithx is a n00b

I am running with the Alltel 3.04.671.2 ROM. This has changed GPS on my Vogue from a novelty to a useful tool I can count on. Before running this it would sometime take several minutes before I could get a lock, if at all. Now I am getting a lock within 20-30 seconds and in places I could not before.

I set the position calculation to mobile and GPS mode to 2. I tried it with GPS mode of 4 and it is about the same as with 2.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:36 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Yup.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC 6800 & Sprint TP1 & 2
Carrier: Sprint

spokenwordd is becoming a great contributor

After doing this Super Fast lockon it's working now!!! I get locks on 8 SATs in 10 seconds or less indoors!!!
Old 09-18-2008, 01:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Desire CDMA
Carrier: USCC

budmannc is just getting started

I have a 6800 from USCC runing dcd 3.2.5 and radio rom 3.42.50. I can get to the step of adding a port. I add the only port that shows up as usb. This is the same port that shows up in device manager. I click "Active Phones" tab, nothing is listed. I click "Start Clients" and "Service Programing". Here is where the trouble is. The only choice is "Work Offline". It's not recognizing the phone.

Should there not be 2 devices listed as USB when I click "Add Port"? I have tried this several times and rebooted the phone and the comp several times.

Thanks,

Buddy
Old 09-19-2008, 01:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

there should be two devices that have usb next to em.

try adding the other device.
then see if a phone shows up in active phones.

ensure that u are putting the phone in diagnostic mode properly.

Last edited by shadow-tech; 09-19-2008 at 01:53 AM.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VX6800
Carrier: Verizon

stonecoldtx is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow-tech View Post

- Sprint and Telus may need to use GetSPC if 000000 is not their code
here: http://rapidshare.com/files/44874437/GetSPC.zip.html
I have downloaded that app from the location in that link, unzipped it, and when I try to run it, I get an error indicating that it's not a valid Win32 application.

I even copied the .dll file that was included in the .zip file to my system32 directory, and that didn't work either.

Could you tell me what I need to do to make this work?

Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan