PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2008, 04:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6.0
Carrier: Alltel MP6900

Stevevo is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Alltel GPS with A-GPS - super fast lockon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylansylvester View Post
what are the original Port settings, before changing to 8888. I forgot to note, for alltel
Mine is 7788. hope this helps
Old 09-04-2008, 05:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800 & Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

shadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on rep

its what everyone has no matter what carrier your on. they are blank in qpst.

but here are the reg values that are default:
-ServerIP-195.207.101.206
-ServerPort-7788

but i can pretty much tell you that all PDE Transport IP method servers use port 8888 or port 8889 as defined in quallcom implementation PDF.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:55 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

HOLY CRAP THAT WAS FAST!

Sorry for caps. I left my GPS mode at 4. I may go back to 2 if it gives me more accuracy but nice job. I vote this be linked to the GPS sticky or be made sticky itself!
Old 09-04-2008, 08:06 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Launch it manually. If it isn't in the OP it is in the XDA Wiki for Verizon.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon

ajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajm144k View Post
when i get to step one of "apply the fix" the Read from Phone option is greyed out on mine...

any idea why?
if someone knows id appreciate it. my gps now is really shotty....seems to work when im just messin around with it but when i really need it, it never locks.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC PPC6800 - Alltel

btonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajm144k View Post
if someone knows id appreciate it. my gps now is really shotty....seems to work when im just messin around with it but when i really need it, it never locks.
I had the same problem. It was because I was adding the wrong port. Device Manager showed me that it was COM7. After adding COM7 in QPST, it was greyed out. I went back and added COM 6 (which was also in my list) and it worked perfectly.

Good luck!
Old 09-04-2008, 10:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

shadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on rep

there should be 2 things, in QPST 'add port' menu, that have USB in their name. if one doesnt work use the other.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Launch it manually. If it isn't in the OP it is in the XDA Wiki for Verizon.
I dont know you mean?
Old 09-05-2008, 08:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6900
Carrier: Verizon

Clues is a n00b

Should I have a GPS settings icon on my Verizon Vogue?

I'm still getting slow responses most of the time, looking into the ways people fixed this.

I just set mode=2 and I put the alltell IP and port, about to test it.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clues View Post
Should I have a GPS settings icon on my Verizon Vogue?

I'm still getting slow responses most of the time, looking into the ways people fixed this.

I just set mode=2 and I put the alltell IP and port, about to test it.
Is Verizon your carrier for your Verizon phone?

then you should be using the verizon PDE server IP address and the Verizon pde server port number.

it says that "if u dont have alltel see post #2."

post #2 has the PDE server settings for a few different carriers.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan