PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2008, 04:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon

Gervy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Alltel GPS with A-GPS - super fast lockon

Interesting... I followed this fix EXACTLY, and notice no difference.

Can someone explain WHAT this fix does? (Why would an IP help my phone see a satellite faster? Unless this is helping the cellualr part of the AGPS, not the satellite part).

Just remember: People think the HTC performance program actually did something too.

--------------
Verizon Droid Eris
Old 09-05-2008, 04:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touchpro Energy.HERMAN.24631.Sense2.5.Cookie.Sep.4
Carrier: alltel

frizzlefry is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrizzlefry is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrizzlefry is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i got it to work but I cant tell you how, I had to add port 10 witht the phone unplugged and then at the device properties change the diagnostic port to port 10 port 10 was listed as bluetooth. i did google the errror code(i forget what it was, it was something like port busy, unavailable) and it seems to affect others on other phones and nobody seems to know how they finally got it to work
much faster locks with more sats also works indoors where it previously did not

Last edited by frizzlefry; 09-05-2008 at 04:44 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6.0
Carrier: Alltel MP6900

Stevevo is just getting started

I just did the fix and followed the instructions to the tee and it still is about the same. I did notice that the time on GPSViewer does stop once in a while for no reason but the only improvement I see is that I now get fixes better inside the house. I think that it probably uses the cell phone towers to get teh fix and uses the satellites for more precise location. I can get it to work but not very much difference and I was hoping for more. Any suggestions. I tried several other GPSModes also but that didn't help.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC PPC6800 - Alltel
Carrier: Alltel

btonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gervy View Post

Can someone explain WHAT this fix does? (Why would an IP help my phone see a satellite faster? Unless this is helping the cellualr part of the AGPS, not the satellite part).

Just remember: People think the HTC performance program actually did something too.
This really does a lot. It brought me from a 5-10 minute lock time, down to about 10 seconds. The IP address basically allows you to combine cell-tower based location services with traditional GPS. This way, your phone knows exactly where to looks for satellites and find more of them faster.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

mettercomputers is keeping up the good workmettercomputers is keeping up the good work

Working great made an oem of the registry entries and cooked into dcd rom made changes via qspt and it takes about 20 sec for first lock restart and after that get 7 -10 sats in 3 sec without connect to internet via phone thanks if anyone is interested int oem for easy insert to kitchen let me know
Current ROM 21914 Sense 2.5.2016
Old 09-05-2008, 06:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800 & Touch Pro
Threadstarter

shadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gervy View Post

ha. if u didnt have 200+ post i would understand... wait a sec i just saw....do...do u have a 6700???

i can explain to u that u need to get ur lazy azz over to xda and READ. im not gonna explain to u any further what this does.

here i will even give u the link:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=423231

if it doesnt do anything for u then u did NOT do it EXACTLY!

If u are not Alltel and u put Alltel PDE server setting in at QPST then u didnt follow my directions. all other carriers PDE settings are in post #2.

i will answer question. I AM here to help yall.

the last thing I will say is that people said the Verizon PDEserver went down for a few hours today and were having problems, but it is now back up.

Last edited by shadow-tech; 09-05-2008 at 06:09 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

shadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mettercomputers View Post
Working great made an oem of the registry entries and cooked into dcd rom made changes via qspt and it takes about 20 sec for first lock restart and after that get 7 -10 sats in 3 sec without connect to internet via phone thanks if anyone is interested int oem for easy insert to kitchen let me know
this fix MUST be done in the QPST. the reg entries are up for debate right now if they even do anything. i could probly put 'taco' into the registry and it would work.

this is a work in progress at this stage. it WILL make ur gps work in 15 seconds or less, but im trying get it so that it is optimal. meaning least amout of communication with the cell tower and lest amount of power used, and greatest accuracy.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6.0
Carrier: Alltel MP6900

Stevevo is just getting started

I went out and drove around and found that it does work better but the lock on satellites is still not what it is supposed to be. I do get the satellites coming up faster but don't lock on all the time and sometimes it helps me to either push button on top to go to sleep mode and then back on or push the middle navigation button on bottom front of phone and then it will lock sometimes. It does get better reception though. Any Ideas?
Old 09-06-2008, 08:43 AM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions

This alltel PDE server works for me on VZW and works very well. Tested on my xv6800 not on my 6900 as in signature.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by drellisdee View Post
This alltel PDE server works for me on VZW and works very well. Tested on my xv6800 not on my 6900 as in signature.
interesting. and thanks for the info.

some PDE servers run in trusted mode and untrusted mode. alltel's pde must be trusted.

Stevevo,

what do u mean? are u saying ur not getting that many satellites? how many?

or are u saying u are getting satellites but they are not accurate?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan