PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2008, 09:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

ajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Alltel GPS with A-GPS - super fast lockon

when i get to step one of "apply the fix" the Read from Phone option is greyed out on mine...

any idea why?

Last edited by ajm144k; 09-03-2008 at 10:17 PM.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint TP; XV6900 before; XV6700 first
Carrier: was Verizon, now saving on Sprint

fredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow-tech View Post
there is a progress bar at the top of the screen. it doesnt take too long like 20 secs
Third try was the charm. Definitely seeing more satellites and locking in seconds. For vzw, the ServerIP address is different: 66.174.95.132; ServerPort is the same as Alltel: 8888
Old 09-03-2008, 10:31 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Yeah I did the fix from someones else's post before I found this one. Same instrutions as here thought. Locks in 6-8 seconds outside my house with 10 sats. Locks in about 30 seconds or less inside my house.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 09-03-2008, 11:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touchpro Energy.HERMAN.24631.Sense2.5.Cookie.Sep.4
Carrier: alltel

frizzlefry is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrizzlefry is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrizzlefry is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I cannot get past adding the port. I am using the dotfred, dmrouter method.
the com port and htc modem show up in my devices, but when I go to add the port it errors out.
Anyone else?
Old 09-03-2008, 11:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800 & Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

shadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on rep

we are only using the device manager to see what port u computer gave the diagnostic device. it will be different for everyone.

u should be clicking add port in qpst configuration
Old 09-04-2008, 06:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touchpro Energy.HERMAN.24631.Sense2.5.Cookie.Sep.4
Carrier: alltel

frizzlefry is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrizzlefry is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrizzlefry is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

understood, that is what I did
Old 09-04-2008, 08:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid

BigRedGonzo is becoming a great contributor

Just applied this mod and got a fix in 9 seconds =D>. I was sitting at my desk inside our concrete bunker of a building. I have only been able to achieve fixes here if I went to the window (in my office) and held the phone to the window and then, after 5 to 10 minutes, I would only get 3 or so sats and when I sat back down at my desk I would loose the fix. After my 9 second wait, I had 8 sats locked and working. Kudos to Shadow-Tech for the great job. Instructions were spot on and everything worked exactly as described.

BigRedGonzo
Old 09-04-2008, 09:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Casio G'zOne Commando

Retired Marine is just getting started

Excellent info!!!

All directions easy to follow, 'cept in step 6 of connection to QPST I have to use ##3424# (note the trailing #).

After making the changes with QPST and in the registry (including Mode 4), I've got twice the number of satellites available now, and lightning fast locks!

Tremendous improvement over previous configuration, and well worth the effort to do by anybody wanting quality GPS on their Titan!!! Way to go!
Old 09-04-2008, 02:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800 & Touch Pro
Threadstarter

shadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Thanks Marine. I updated the 1st post.

U get it to work Frizzlefry?
Old 09-04-2008, 04:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dylansylvester is just getting started

what are the original Port settings, before changing to 8888. I forgot to note, for alltel
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan