PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2008, 07:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

markppc6700 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to markppc6700
Re: Garmin GPS.......

is there a way to do intersections on here? sometimes i only remember cross streets and i can figure how to do it

i have xt.
Old 05-10-2008, 07:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible/Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

BetaMan is keeping up the good workBetaMan is keeping up the good workBetaMan is keeping up the good work

For some reason, while I'm driving with this running, after a few minutes, the screen cuts off. I have the power settings set to stay on when connected to external power, but it still turns off!

Verizon Droid Incredible => Touch Pro 2 => XV6800 => XV6700 => XV6600
Old 05-10-2008, 07:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc-6800

dahraf is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Glad you posted that link, I was pulling a big DUH on how to install POIs.

My garmin mobile xt does not work wih htc-6800 internal gps. It searches for gps but cant find any device.
Old 05-10-2008, 07:22 PM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything
Threadstarter

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by markppc6700 View Post
is there a way to do intersections on here? sometimes i only remember cross streets and i can figure how to do it

i have xt.
Yes...........
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetaMan View Post
For some reason, while I'm driving with this running, after a few minutes, the screen cuts off. I have the power settings set to stay on when connected to external power, but it still turns off!
You can change the settings to say on while navigating/speaking/external power. Try while navigating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahraf View Post
My garmin mobile xt does not work wih htc-6800 internal gps. It searches for gps but cant find any device.
Sounds like its not registered. Register it and it wont look for the bluetooth gps any more. You will be able to pick how it connects to sats.

Last edited by Lsme420; 05-10-2008 at 07:25 PM.
Old 05-10-2008, 07:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

enthf406 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorpsycho View Post
can anyone confirm if the .50 version fixed the clock issue?
For me, that is difficult to say definitively. Since updating to .50 I haven't had my clock change. But I haven't been able to 100% replicate the conditions in which would change my clock with the .40 version. So far I don't have any complaints.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700..6800..touch..diamond..pro

adrian2pm is becoming a great contributor

my clock changes after it set to night mode
Old 05-15-2008, 08:22 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: titan

salreus is a n00b

Not that we don't already know that the garmin program is changing the clock but I not believe this is a standard change garmin makes to the clock before it links with the sat. I experienced this with my standalone garmin Zumo just the other day. I turned it on and it was in night mode and the clock was set to 800 pm. Then after it sync'd with the sats the zumo changed the clock and changed back to daytime. I am not sure why garmin decided to do this as I didn't experience it before upgrading my software on my zumo and as Lsme420 will confirm, this wasn't an issue in older releases of XT. I think the problem with the mogul is that after it changes the clock, it can't or doesn't change it back. Not that this info is useful in any way because we can't change anything.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Sprint

mr.BeBoT is a n00b

RE:Clock Issue

-In .40 I could get it to change 100% of the time just by running the program regardless of lock status/time to lock. It also would not sync back with the cell tower time even though the day/night setting would switch to the correct setting.

-In .50 it's not 100% anymore, I'll test more today but it seems like it will only change if I can't get a lock within a reasonable time (at which point it goes to night mode and changes.) The good news is it syncs back after a lock is found.
Old 05-15-2008, 04:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800

joecnc2006 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lsme420 View Post
I use my internal GPS also...I love this Garmon its better than my hand held Magellan. I have City Navigator North America and a Topo map now I'm working on putting one in with "Fishing hot spots".

Disclaimer : (Federal law requires me to "say" this is wrong and illegal and not recommended Do not try this at home).
Did you find some fishing spots? i like taking my phone with GPS in my bass boat with me, and track on the lakes.

Joe
Old 05-15-2008, 05:01 PM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything
Threadstarter

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecnc2006 View Post
Did you find some fishing spots? i like taking my phone with GPS in my bass boat with me, and track on the lakes.

Joe
Ya. The nearest hole to my house on Garmin was 30 miles away nice spot too. Garmin recommends what color bait to use,LOL.
It has more come in handy just finding local ponds and lakes. It even finds some small man made ones.
Ya I take mine on the boat too. I also use Google maps in satellite view like if I'm walking through the woods to a place. Then I can see the water I'm going to and see how to get there. Great combo the two.

Last edited by Lsme420; 05-15-2008 at 08:28 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan