PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2008, 12:11 PM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
6800 Garmin GPS.......

Garmin Mobile XT

This HERE is some info on Garmin Mobile XT (*Cracked version available Google.com) Dont ask I dont know where.
A newer version's is out there but they have known bugs so I wouldn't recommend them.(v4.20.30)(4.20.40)
**UPDATE 10-26-08 Garmin Mobile XT for Windows Mobile Ver.5.00.20w as of September 25, 2008 Download(13.34 MB)

If you already have Garmin gps you will need the Garmin POI Loader to load these to your phone and you can get it (PC/MAC) HERE.

To install Maps
Downloaded maps- (EX:"City Navigator North America 2008") install it to your PC and then Download a App called Garmin MapInstall for (Windows) HERE (Mac) HERE. Run the map install and it will load your maps to your PPC.

DVD- Put the dvd in with the map on it and close the auto run.
Go to your computer c drive and your dvd drive right click and Explore.
In one of the files you'll see the installer for your language click it and install your map then download the Garmin MapInstall for (Windows) HERE (Mac) HERE. Run the map install and it will load your maps to your PPC.

HERE is the custom POI for the "speed cams/Red Light cams".

Edit** To use a detailed map after you install it you have to zoom in. When you zoom it will change from the "Free Base map" to the "detail map".
I had a few PM's about maps not working and it was just the zoom.

*I do not condone pirating of software info given is for educational purposes only.

Last edited by Lsme420; 10-26-2008 at 09:21 AM.
This post has been thanked 13 times.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:56 PM
The Pusher Man
Threadstarter

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Garmin GPS.......

Also HERE is a POI for rest areas in the lower 48. I found this POI over at the POI Factory found HERE. Sorry about the other site plug but I think people should know where this came from and how to find other POI's.

Last edited by Lsme420; 03-25-2008 at 12:58 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-25-2008, 01:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

devillox is a n00b

thanks so much for the speed camera POIs! i love garmin XT. the features and the add-ins never stop amazing me.
Old 03-25-2008, 01:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro & Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

Machinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuff

Glad you posted that link, I was pulling a big DUH on how to install POIs.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:02 PM
The Pusher Man
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Glad you posted that link, I was pulling a big DUH on how to install POIs.
No Problem glad it helped.......
I'm going to edit my first post and include a POI Loader download link in a few secs ,I should have included it before.

Last edited by Lsme420; 03-25-2008 at 02:04 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro & Palm Pre

Machinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuff

I hate being the person that asks the really dumb and obvious question.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:12 PM
The Pusher Man
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I hate being the person that asks the really dumb and obvious question.
Its all good we all have to ask "really dumb and obvious questions" some times. Its posted now at the end of the first post.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

timewaster is just getting started

i tried installing Garmin mobile on my mogul.
The install went fine (there were 2 install files to run), but when i try to run it on my mogul, it just exits.
anyone else experience this or have a fix?
Old 03-25-2008, 02:46 PM
The Pusher Man
Threadstarter

No sorry man I didnt have a problem. I know I loaded 3 files.
1.GarminMobileXTforWindowsMobile_42020w
2.GarminMobileXTFreeBasemap_4xxxx
3.GarminMobileXTSupportFiles_4xxxx
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-25-2008, 04:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Vogue

chemdawg is a n00b

There is more too it than just that. I spent a couple of days really working this out, and it all came together eventually. Those three files listed above, and you need the patcher to unlock everything. I can now load my custom maps and use them. This by far is my favorite program. Now that I found out about this POI deal, it makes it even better. Thanks a ton for the info on this. I appreciate it.

Chem

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan