PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2008, 12:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: MOGUL 6800
Carrier: SPRINT

partho is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Garmin GPS.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by salreus View Post
I have the zumo 550 and it supports street names with 2008. but the zumo 450 with the same software does not support street names. I think it is the nav software controlling the names instead of the nav maps. I think if you want street names, the mogul software running the GPS would have to change.
Are you refering to the ROM 3.35. If so does anyone know how i can change mogul software running the GPS. So i can get the street names also.

why is it that iGuidance can do that with same software that is running GPS ?
Old 04-08-2008, 12:54 PM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything
Threadstarter

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by partho View Post
Are you refering to the ROM 3.35. If so does anyone know how i can change mogul software running the GPS. So i can get the street names also.

why is it that iGuidance can do that with same software that is running GPS ?
This thread is about Garmin. There is a generic Mogul GPS thread with GPS info and Im sure someplace there is a iGuidance thread. Please keep the discussion to Garmin. Makes it easier for people with Garmin to scan the thread and find what they want.

Last edited by Lsme420; 04-08-2008 at 01:52 PM.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: titan
Carrier: sprint

salreus is a n00b

I know you were quoting the other post but my post was only about garmin. I was talking about the Garmin Zumo GPS devices used for motorcycles and just comparing the differences between the two considering they are using the same garmin mapping software.
Moving on,

Ok. Do you know of any other voices we can use with our garmin software?
Old 04-08-2008, 01:51 PM
The Pusher Man
Threadstarter

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by salreus View Post
I know you were quoting the other post but my post was only about garmin. I was talking about the Garmin Zumo GPS devices used for motorcycles and just comparing the differences between the two considering they are using the same garmin mapping software.
Moving on
Hey sorry about that.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: LG Touch
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

rhannahs19 is keeping up the good workrhannahs19 is keeping up the good workrhannahs19 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to rhannahs19

if im understanding this right... if i buy the garmin, i dont need a data plan on my phone? im under the impression that since its working through garmins satalites, i dont have to worry about data... because my verizon phone has data blocked... but i am running dcd custom kitchen, so i should have gps enabled..?
Old 04-08-2008, 03:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: titan

salreus is a n00b

You are correct. Garmin is a stand alone app that does not require interent connection. And the sats don't belong to garmin. But that doesn't really matter. If you can get the software working correctly, you can use it as a stand alone application as if you had a garmin specific device.

Last edited by salreus; 04-08-2008 at 03:12 PM.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2

poorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to poorlyduck

Im gonna try the Garmin Mapsource City Navigator North America NT 2009 Update tonight and see how it works.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:44 PM
The Pusher Man
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhannahs19 View Post
if im understanding this right... if i buy the garmin, i dont need a data plan on my phone? im under the impression that since its working through garmins satalites, i dont have to worry about data... because my verizon phone has data blocked... but i am running dcd custom kitchen, so i should have gps enabled..?
You will need a data connection if you choose to use Garmin online. Ex: To look up local Weather, Gas prices, Traffic, Hotels/Hotel.com Prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorlyduck View Post
Im gonna try the Garmin Mapsource City Navigator North America NT 2009 Update tonight and see how it works.
Without driving around it looks the same.

Last edited by Lsme420; 04-08-2008 at 10:47 PM.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2

poorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to poorlyduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lsme420 View Post
You will need a data connection if you choose to use Garmin online. Ex: To look up local Weather, Gas prices, Traffic, Hotels/Hotel.com Prices

Without driving around it looks the same.
Have you tried it yet? what the difference when you're driving, Im gonna have to wait till tomorrow going to work.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:14 PM
The Pusher Man
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorlyduck View Post
Have you tried it yet? what the difference when you're driving, Im gonna have to wait till tomorrow going to work.
No I got it loaded but haven't left my house. It looks the same as of right now. I did try and set a rout and it just said turn right at 400 ft and not turn right on Maine.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan