PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2008, 11:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro PPC-6850
Carrier: Sprint

JoeBobOneHalf is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Roaming Issues on ALL Moguls

I am able to roam on both my Mogul and my wife's. Mine is running the leaked rom, her's is running 2.17. Mine is a 3000 min plus unlimited everything employee plan, her's is a regular plan. hope that helps.
PHONE HISTORY: Sony Ericsson T61c> LG VX7000 (Charging Port Broke)>LG vx8500 (Chocolate) X5 (Phone was a piece of ****)> LG vx8600> Samsung u740 (I don't even remember by now)> Samsung u740 (No service)> Samsung u740 (10 Dropped calls daily) (Goodbye Verizon) > PPC6800 Mogul)>Moto Q9c> PPC6800 Mogul > PPC6850 Touch Pro (Plus a PPC6900 just for fun)

Last edited by JoeBobOneHalf; 03-07-2008 at 11:55 PM.
Old 03-07-2008, 11:51 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

I could roam fine before 3.16, then it stopped. I emailed ecare asking for an HLR reload, we'll see if they will do it or if I'll end up calling in the morning.
Old 03-08-2008, 01:02 AM
Noob

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level

I just got off the phone with them. Asked for an HLR Reset and they proceeded to reprogram my phone and stuff. Nothing they did help, they escalated it to the engineers and gave me a ticket number and said wait 36-72 hours. If it isn't working within 72 hours, i'll call back and insist on an HLR reset.

One thing I found strage is that her first step in trouble shooting was to suspend then unsuspend my account, saying that would reset the authentication servers. Now I'll be keeping my eyes peeled incase they screwed up my SERO plan.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

cerchiarax is keeping up the good workcerchiarax is keeping up the good work

Can anyone test this out. If you have the roaming issue and you have 2 sprint phones. Try deactivating your mogul and then activating a older phone. Test if roaming works on the older phone first. Once that test passes go ahead and reactivate your mogul. You can do this all on the sprint account web page. That should get you roaming again on your mogul.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:34 AM
Noob

When I called for an HLR reset (which she never specifically said she did) the person I spoke with had that idea. She said she achieved the same thing by suspending then unsuspending my account, and it didn't help.
Old 03-08-2008, 01:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

bigboi8495 is a n00b

roming works fine for me stock ROM
Old 03-08-2008, 01:59 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

roaming is fine on mine no2chem 6.1, 3.27 radio
Old 03-08-2008, 03:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

pctek4456 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffles View Post
When I called for an HLR reset (which she never specifically said she did) the person I spoke with had that idea. She said she achieved the same thing by suspending then unsuspending my account, and it didn't help.
Make sure when you call, you get someone in Advanced Tech support. They will know exactly what your talking about when you ask for an HLR Reload. This definitely fixes the "Authentication" Message. Also have to make sure after they do the reload, that they push a prl update to your phone. After Prl update make sure its not Prl 60611, if it is, downgrade it to 60610 from www.corolada.com/prl
Old 03-08-2008, 03:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

pctek4456 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post
Well what do ya know...it worked! Thank you!
Glad to help
Old 03-08-2008, 03:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

bkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuff

" also if sprint is aware of this issue but has not fixed it this is a class action lawsuit."

Well, I guess Perry Mason is out of luck on this one. I just hate how ever little glitch or issue all of a sudden become a "class action" lawsuit.
Gadget/Phone History: Motorola DynaTAC 8000x; Casio BOSS; Palm Vx; Palm m130; Palm Tungsten T; Sanyo 7300; Sanyo Katana; PPC-6700; Titan; Mogul; Touch Pro, Palm Pre; HTC EVO, Motorola Photon; Samsung Galaxy Note 2 .

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan