PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2008, 06:25 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Baffles
Re: Roaming Issues on ALL Moguls

Class action lawsuits are retarded wastes of time and money.

Anyway, someone just called me regarding the ticket they put in to the engineers department. They asked if it was working yet, and it isn't. She said they would have to check with Verizon on it as it sounds like the cause of the problem is something on their end. They said give them 36-72 hours, and it's been almost 2 days. If after 72 hours my issue isn't fixed, I'll call tier 2 and ask for HLR again, although the first time I called they suspended and unsuspended my account and said that doing that would issue an HLR reload as part of the suspension and unsuspension.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

cerchiarax is keeping up the good workcerchiarax is keeping up the good work

Hi Baffles any chance getting the roaming working on your phone. I just upgraded to the new official rom with gps and rev A. I was hoping maybe roaming would start working again. But still no luck. Whats funny is I know for sure I got it working when I deactivated my phone on the sprint site. It kind of screwed me because I couldn't reactivate it. Had to call sprint to reactivate it. But voice roaming worked but evdo/roaming data didn't. So I restored the phone (#3282). I got the evdo data working again. But once again lost voice/data roaming.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:54 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

I called tier 2 tech support directly, told them my roaming stopped working with the new rom and said the same thing happened to my friend and he ended up needing to be reprovisioned.

She reprogrammed my phone, that didn't help so she did a reset on my profile, reprovisioned me, and did an HLR reload (second one I had done) and my phone started working at that point.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

deltatl6 is just getting started

My months long roaming problem was solved by a Sprint initiated reprovision. I just had to call CS and walk through a whole bunch of (already done) procedure before reprovision was suggested.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

cerchiarax is keeping up the good workcerchiarax is keeping up the good work

What is the direct number to tier 2 sprint tech support.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

timewaster is just getting started

Thanks guys.
called tech support and asked for a HLR reload. The guy insisted on updating me to PRL 60611 which didn't work. Proceeded to reprogram my phone which also didn't work. He then did the HLR reload which did the trick. I can now roam for both voice and data. Strange why i was able to roam with 2.17 until i upgraded to the new rom.
Old 03-13-2008, 04:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

d_nyce_77 is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to d_nyce_77 Send a message via AIM to d_nyce_77 Send a message via MSN to d_nyce_77 Send a message via Yahoo to d_nyce_77

I just tested my phone and can confirm roaming works for me with Sprints new Rom. I Live in South East Massachusetts. I wish you guys well getting a solution.

David
Old 04-01-2008, 10:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TardoPro
Carrier: Boost

yakky is a n00b

I had the roam issue when I went to 3.35, no voice or data. I called Advanced Tech Support and insisted they do an "HLR Reload" The guy questioned why I needed it and said he was unsure what it would help as it only resets your phone's location info in their system. After pressing him to do it, he said to power the phone down and restart. After that it works like a champ!
Old 04-01-2008, 12:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

bigwrigg is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to bigwrigg Send a message via Yahoo to bigwrigg

I just tested mine on Roaming Only. Dallas, TX. Rom 3.35.651.2 and Radio 3.35.04 Hardware version 0003.
Mine took about 5 minutes to even find a roaming tower and start to roam. I was able to place an outgoing call, receive an incoming call, and send a text message. Showed 1x data and nice big triangle at the top for roaming.
Now i could have also roamed on MetroPCS down here since they are CDMA as well. With out a recording i had no way of knowing.
Old 04-01-2008, 02:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6800

hippity.hoppity is keeping up the good workhippity.hoppity is keeping up the good work

Called *2 and the first girl that I talked to had no problem doing the HLR reload and it worked perfectly. Before, I could send/receive texts, full data and receive incoming calls, but not place outgoing calls. The HLR reload fixed it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan