PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2008, 04:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc mogul
Carrier: sprint

drtrell is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Roaming Issues on ALL Moguls

i am using the stock 3.35 rom on sprint and i have no problem at all roaming using either voice or data. and i LIKE getting the diamond indicator, which some people on here are complaingin about...to me it confirms that i am roaming. now in my area, i roam on alltel, so those of you sprint roaming on verizon, YMMV.

the only thing wrong with roaming on alltel is that their damn calls dont usually show up for a week...which screws up my minute usage if i do a lot of roaming near the end of my billing cycle. however since they gave me 200 bonus minutes for free, it doesnt matter as much now.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

ComputerJLT is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to ComputerJLT Send a message via Yahoo to ComputerJLT

Alright guys....

I just tried this too in south texas (Evdo rev a area). Set my 6800 to roam, used a SEVEN digit phone number (my work, same area code, usually use 7 digits to call others locally from work and my cell) no authentication message came through... used the TEN digit number (aka add the area code) and it worked fine..
i'm on prl 60610 rom 3.27.00 radio 1.24_003

Got both incoming calls when I used seven or ten digit numbers. all from our AT&T landline while my phone roamed on the verizon tower.

My father works for a company that is under verizons rule and he says almost everything they do thats not local to them HAS to be done w/ 10 digit dialing. He is the switching tech at the local telco in my home town so he doesn't do much with wireless but he does know most of the stuff coming in from the cell towers that gets redirected (using ss7 and what not) has to have all 10 digits in the number....

So all of you pitching a fit, try using 10 digit dialing... its probably a good idea to do that anyway
Old 05-31-2008, 08:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComputerJLT View Post
Alright guys....

I just tried this too in south texas (Evdo rev a area). Set my 6800 to roam, used a SEVEN digit phone number (my work, same area code, usually use 7 digits to call others locally from work and my cell) no authentication message came through... used the TEN digit number (aka add the area code) and it worked fine..
i'm on prl 60610 rom 3.27.00 radio 1.24_003

Got both incoming calls when I used seven or ten digit numbers. all from our AT&T landline while my phone roamed on the verizon tower.

My father works for a company that is under verizons rule and he says almost everything they do thats not local to them HAS to be done w/ 10 digit dialing. He is the switching tech at the local telco in my home town so he doesn't do much with wireless but he does know most of the stuff coming in from the cell towers that gets redirected (using ss7 and what not) has to have all 10 digits in the number....

So all of you pitching a fit, try using 10 digit dialing... its probably a good idea to do that anyway
Are yo uall saying that having the solid triangle is an ok thing? I have that now on my 6800 when I never did before. I can make and receive calls but the weird piece of this is that it doesnt say Verizon Wireless on my phone any longer...its says Preferred System. Weird. I called VZW tech support and they want to send me a replacement phone. I tried *2281 and it fails. I tried *2282 and it finishes and reboots the device, but still Preferred System shows up.

Any ideas?
Old 05-31-2008, 11:03 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Roaming (on AT&T mostly) works fine on the latest stock sprint (non-beta) rom. Forced or auto (when in the dungeons at work I can only get AT&T since there is an in-building repeater for it, but the poor mogul keeps trying sooo hard to find that sprint tower that he kills his battery if I don't force him...)

Might just be you, or your location.

Edit: oh, and I always use 10 digit dialing on my cell - who doesn't??
Old 05-31-2008, 11:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6850

aesoprock00 is just getting started

i'm on the stock 3.35 rom. set my phone to roaming only, got the triangle and tried to call my voicemail by just hitting the voicemail button. got a message stating "welcome to americas roaming network" or something like that and was told my phone hadn't been set up for roaming and i could only make collect calls or credit card calls. hung up and tried dialing my work phone, including area code. called with no problem. tried my voicemail again but instead of hitting thebutton i typed out all the numbers, area code included, had no problem at all this time.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

dutchie25 is a n00b

I forced my Mogul to roam for most of last month since Verizon has better coverage than Sprint around here. You do have to dial the 10 digit number and it works fine. I just got my bill and no problems. It did show that 90% of my calls were roaming so I will continue to do that until someone says something. I was worried about my data plan but no extra charges.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC 6800
Carrier: SPRINT

shorty82 is just getting started

I had this problem almost a year ago the first time I used an unofficial ROM. It was terrible because I was leaving town on a business trip to a place that has a bad sprint signal, so my phone would just be a paper weight for the a couple weeks. Anyways after lots of searching on the web I read something about the HLR reload and it worked. It just took a while to find someone at sprint that knew what it was, they keep telling me there was no such thing and I must mean a PRL update... Anyways I was right, sprint was wrong, and now my phone works. I hope my little story helps lol..
Old 06-04-2008, 09:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
Roaming (on AT&T mostly) works fine on the latest stock sprint (non-beta) rom. Forced or auto (when in the dungeons at work I can only get AT&T since there is an in-building repeater for it, but the poor mogul keeps trying sooo hard to find that sprint tower that he kills his battery if I don't force him...)

Might just be you, or your location.

Edit: oh, and I always use 10 digit dialing on my cell - who doesn't??
FYI you can't roam on AT&T at all so you definitely aren't roaming on AT&T... They are GSM, the mogul does not support GSM (nor do most sprint phones as they are CDMA)...
Old 06-05-2008, 08:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

MrDMB is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to MrDMB

I have the roaming problem when I first got it and when I upgraded the rom. I just called sprint and in seconds they fixed it. When I went to the sprint store they had no idea what was wrong.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

rfrankli is a n00b

Call Sprint and ask for an HLR Reload. Make sure you get into the smartphone customer support and they should know what you are talking about. I have ahd to do it twice, and both times they have immediately known what I needed done and were very helpful.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan