PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2008, 03:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Black06c230 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Roaming Issues on ALL Moguls

okay if everyone can please force there phone to roaming only and test making a phone call.
Steps:
start
settings
phone
services
roaming
get settings
select roaming only

The reason your phone will likely not roam (you may need to soft reset to get a roaming signal) and you will get a Verizon wireless message saying unable to authenticate your phone once you make a call.

Background:
I was unable to roam earlier this week and called sprint...they have a open service ticket on lmy phone....so i go to the local service store on sat.....they look at it and the tech goes well my phone works....he tries...opps no his wont work....they then try 3 other mogul in the store same thing.

i am told oh well just let tech support know....so now i want to see how many can actually use the phone while forcing roam to test it. i feel this is a issue that is unknown by most and a critical one....you may never know until you are in a roaming area and need to make a life saving phone call and will be unable to.

also if sprint is aware of this issue but has not fixed it this is a class action lawsuit.

so please everyone test and report back.

thanks
Old 03-02-2008, 04:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

Darkflame808 is keeping up the good workDarkflame808 is keeping up the good work
Re: Roaming Issues on ALL Moguls

Well if it's any consolation, I signed up for the SERO plan back in december. Half of the time I couldn't even make an outgoing call without hearing that verizon message. What was strange was that I could roam data on 1x, I could call customer service from roaming, I could call my voicemail from roaming and even receive a call on roaming. I just could not make any calls on roaming.

Many calls to sprint were fruitless. They have no clue what the problem was. Every call to CS tells me they don't know what the problem is. They can't fix it on their end and verizon can't fix it on their end either.

I've gone through 3 reprovisionings and my account got hosed.

Now they managed to fix my account and I am happy to say that in the process of fixing it. Someone put me on a sprint employee plan and not a employee referral plan.

So I basically have a SERO with 20% off my total monthly bill. I think that's there way of making me not want to call again. LOL

Now I can't even get it to find a verizon tower. Ah well. Such is life I suppose.
Old 03-02-2008, 04:04 PM
Elite Team Member
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6850, Q, i730, Athena tp2 ++++
Carrier: Sprint and ATT

AstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIP

roaming works fine fer me on custom rom and latest radio

Donate to TP2 Elite Team: http://alturl.com/5in6
Old 03-02-2008, 04:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

Darkflame808 is keeping up the good workDarkflame808 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstainHellbring View Post
roaming works fine fer me on custom rom and latest radio
right on. I just tried now again for the hell of it. Something about Welcome to verizon wireless your call cannot be completed blah blah announcement 4660-1.

Ah well. I was excited during the first two rings till the lady answered,.
Old 03-02-2008, 04:27 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Alltel

iceblue is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to iceblue Send a message via MSN to iceblue Send a message via Yahoo to iceblue

I am going in Monday again. I went in Sat and called tech support. Mine will not work off of Home preferred tower so in other words it will not rome. It will not rome to the point the phone does nothing at all no SMS no calls in or out.

Store was able to get it to work by changing my SSID to the local tower. Soon as I go back to my home tower I have to switch my SSID back over. Any tower I switch to I have to manually add its SSID. No luck from tech support they say well the settings are all correct and you are on our latest ROM so I don’t know.
Old 03-02-2008, 04:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint Sero

brianb is a n00b

I'm roaming just about all the time..service sucks where I live..never heard the verizon message.

FYI..I'm on the Sero 500 plan using a Mogul with no2chem's latest rom..but roaming has worked on every rom I've run, dating back to the original release.

If roaming didn't work for me, I would've cancelled service a long time ago, as my phone would've been useless
Old 03-02-2008, 05:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Alltel

chevyforlife is keeping up the good workchevyforlife is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to chevyforlife
Wink Re: Roaming Issues on ALL Moguls

i live in western Ne, and i went to Ft. Collins Co, and i was roaming all day and i had no problems with mine. not once did i get that verison message.
Old 03-02-2008, 05:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro

streeker is a n00b

Roaming does not work for me either. Maybe it has to do with location? I'm located in los angeles and get the same error on no2chem's custom rom or any other rom. It is pretty annoying, hopefully someone finds a fix soon.
Old 03-02-2008, 05:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul PPC-6800
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Virtualboy is a n00b

I only get that Verizon message when I don't put in the area code. When I do put it in, it works perfectly!

-Virtualboy
Old 03-02-2008, 06:12 PM
Lurker

32VQUATTRY is a n00b

Just tried mine, and it works fine when set to rome only. Using the beta gps rom

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan