PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2008, 01:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: Att

Joeriginal is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: The price of being uninformed

Id like to think that there are still people out there who genuinely want to help other people, call me an Optimist. Just think how you felt when you knew Sprint was holding out GPS from you and when you went and bought one, it soon became available, kinda like you were misinformed wouldnt you say. So now knowing what thats like, you went ahead and sold your bluetooth GPS to someone who basically already had it, but unlike in your situation was available. But if you needed 40 bucks that badly, then to each his own.
Old 02-20-2008, 01:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Joeriginal is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm85 View Post
Exactly. It is a better unit that what the Mogul has internally.

As far as "taking advantage", I provided the promised product for the promised price. I don't see how that's taking advantage of him.

He has a Blackberry too. Maybe he is also going to use it with that. Or maybe he has a laptop he wants to use it with.
apparently when you said you were trying your best not to laugh you werent following this train of thought.
Old 02-20-2008, 01:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC P4000

Berserk87 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeriginal View Post
apparently when you said you were trying your best not to laugh you werent following this train of thought.
he would be laughing, because the reason hes selling it is because he has a mogul and dosnt need it.

the other guy may have a different idea of how he wants to use it.

/\
thats mostly bs
but give him a break :P
Old 02-20-2008, 01:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

muyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Buyer beware.
Old 02-20-2008, 01:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Joeriginal is a n00b

Oh come on not everyone is as naive as you would like to think they are, the guy asked how to hook it up on his mogul, he didnt pull out his blackberry, or his laptop, or anything else, he took out the mogul, and made no mention of anything else, so common sense would say he was purchasing for its mogul, but Im sure you disagree, because we should all believe he must of meant it for other use, so we can all laugh at the fact he bought a external GPS and wanted to try it out on a phone that already had GPS, rather than the GPS-less device he was buying it for, that makes it ok.
Old 02-20-2008, 01:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

gbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Imagine these two scenarios:

1. Sweet old lady is walking through Best Buy, when an employee approaches her and asks if she wants a new computer, then sells her on the most expensive machine the store carries.

2. Best Buy employee is restocking when a sweet old lady comes in and says she wants the $2,000 laptop that the sales paper advertised. He knows she could easily do what she needs with a much cheaper machine, but she is the one that initiated it.

In the first case, the employee is obviously taking advantage of the poor old woman. In the second case, it really depends on your individual moral code. So, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree
Old 02-20-2008, 02:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Joeriginal is a n00b

Quote:
Imagine these two scenarios:

1. Sweet old lady is walking through Best Buy, when an employee approaches her and asks if she wants a new computer, then sells her on the most expensive machine the store carries.

2. Best Buy employee is restocking when a sweet old lady comes in and says she wants the $2,000 laptop that the sales paper advertised. He knows she could easily do what she needs with a much cheaper machine, but she is the one that initiated it.

In the first case, the employee is obviously taking advantage of the poor old woman. In the second case, it really depends on your individual moral code. So, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree
Yeah How noble of you to hold in your laughter through your transaction, couldnt of you mentioned that the mogul was GPS enabled, and using Best Buy employees doesnt help your case much.
Old 02-20-2008, 02:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800 (Sprint Mogul)

bakntyme is keeping up the good workbakntyme is keeping up the good work

Quote:
I put my bluetooth GPS for sale on Craigslist since we have the leaked ROM now and I don't need it anymore. I met up with the guy and he tried to haggle me down to $30 instead of the $40 I was asking for. I told him $40 was a fair price for it and he said OK. Then he asked me to set it up for him so he could test it with Google Maps before he bought it.

So he pulls his phone out of his pocket and what does he have? A Sprint Mogul! I was doing the best I could not to laugh. I set it all up for him, he left with the unit and I left with the money. Just goes to show that staying informed can save you some money!
Rationalize it how you want now, but the tone and wording of your first post in this thread make it very clear that at the time you felt triumphant that you had put one over on him. Forgive us if we do not celebrate with you.

Last edited by bakntyme; 02-20-2008 at 02:35 AM.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

gbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakntyme View Post
Rationalize it how you want now, but the tone and wording of your first post in this thread make it very clear that at the time you felt triumphant that you had put one over on him. Forgive us if we do not celebrate with you.
Firstly, it's called embellishment. I was not literally holding in laughter. I made a small, barely noticeable even to myself chuckle when he pulled out his Mogul. I was not laughing at his ignorance or in "celebration".

I'm sure you've all had an experience where you saw someone making a decision that was perfectly rational given the facts they had available to them, but you had additional facts/wisdom/experience that they lacked, and it sort of made you chuckle a little. That's what I was "laughing" about.

I did not at the time, nor do I now think I "put one over on him."

The whole point of my post was to point out how staying informed of the things in our lives--things that may seem "nerdy" or "worthless"--can save us money. I'm not just talking electronics but all manner of things. My original post was two paragraphs, yet some of you have decided to focus on one short sentence that was exaggerated in the first place.

If you want to think of me as the guy that goes prowling around at night, stealing from one house and selling it to the next house, or as the guy that sells water as a miracle tonic, then that's your prerogative.

I have to wonder why someone who calls themselves an optimist would dismiss multiple acceptable takes on a situation and hold to the one unacceptable take.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Firon is just getting started

An external GPS adapter would likely work better than the phone's GPS anyway. Nevermind that you can use it with other devices.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan