View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 03:34 AM
gbm85
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

gbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: The price of being uninformed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakntyme View Post
Rationalize it how you want now, but the tone and wording of your first post in this thread make it very clear that at the time you felt triumphant that you had put one over on him. Forgive us if we do not celebrate with you.
Firstly, it's called embellishment. I was not literally holding in laughter. I made a small, barely noticeable even to myself chuckle when he pulled out his Mogul. I was not laughing at his ignorance or in "celebration".

I'm sure you've all had an experience where you saw someone making a decision that was perfectly rational given the facts they had available to them, but you had additional facts/wisdom/experience that they lacked, and it sort of made you chuckle a little. That's what I was "laughing" about.

I did not at the time, nor do I now think I "put one over on him."

The whole point of my post was to point out how staying informed of the things in our lives--things that may seem "nerdy" or "worthless"--can save us money. I'm not just talking electronics but all manner of things. My original post was two paragraphs, yet some of you have decided to focus on one short sentence that was exaggerated in the first place.

If you want to think of me as the guy that goes prowling around at night, stealing from one house and selling it to the next house, or as the guy that sells water as a miracle tonic, then that's your prerogative.

I have to wonder why someone who calls themselves an optimist would dismiss multiple acceptable takes on a situation and hold to the one unacceptable take.