PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2008, 12:44 AM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: The price of being uninformed

so... what are we talking about in here?

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 02-21-2008, 02:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

mcmichak is a n00b

wow, I don't know whats worse here... the fact that there are 4 frickin pages of rambling for this nonsense or the fact that I actually read the 4 frickin pages.
Old 02-21-2008, 03:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: Att

Joeriginal is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmichak View Post
wow, I don't know whats worse here... the fact that there are 4 frickin pages of rambling for this nonsense or the fact that I actually read the 4 frickin pages.
Or the fact that your contributing to the rambling your complaining about.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:18 AM
N00b

Modus Operandi is a n00b

business is business, if you can make money off someone then do so.

it's no worse to take advantage of the mis informed than it is for dr. phill to exploit people for his own gain.
Old 02-21-2008, 05:06 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: PPC 6800/HTC Titan/Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

initial is just getting started

Was his mogul customized? what did his today screen look like?
Old 02-21-2008, 11:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800 (Sprint Mogul)

bakntyme is keeping up the good workbakntyme is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modus Operandi View Post
business is business, if you can make money off someone then do so.

it's no worse to take advantage of the mis informed than it is for dr. phill to exploit people for his own gain.
You must have no complaints about your cell phone carrier's services provided and pricing structure then, since business is business and all they are doing is making money off of you. And this also would apply to any other company you do business with...cable company, oil company, etc. And I suppose it is OK for your auto repair shop to bill you several thousand dollars for replacing your left-handed geetus, since all they are doing is taking advantage of the misinformed...

The point is that there are limits to what is acceptable, and legal, to do in the attempt to "make money off someone" and "take advantage of the mis informed". As I stated before, my opinion is that the OP did not overstep those limits in his transaction, if it went as he recounted it. However, I believe that his post wanting us to laugh at, in his obvious view at the time, his ability to take advantage of the buyer has no place in a forum dedicated to helping people such as this buyer.

I would not feel bad if the buyer were a member of this forum and read my posts...can all of you say the same?

Last edited by bakntyme; 02-21-2008 at 12:28 PM.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:43 AM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Since when is it our job as an internet community to try and teach the OP to have a moral code like we think they should have? If you don't agree with the OP's handling of the situation... then take your aggrivation and right the wrong by helping someone else out. Who knows. Maybe the person you decided to help really needed it where the guy the OP dealt with did not. Maybe the person the OP dealt with was a shady guy and this deal was just karma catching up with him.

WHO KNOWS.

The deal is done. And the guy that should have known more about his phone is probably happy with his purchase. The OP didn't force him to fork over the money.

Bottom line is this: People are different and it is ok if they handle something differently than you. Badgering him on this forum is not going to change what happened, and it may not change how he handles a similar situation next time since after awhile you just quit listening.
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Old 02-21-2008, 01:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

bigray327 is keeping up the good workbigray327 is keeping up the good work

Yeah, the seller gave the guy what he wanted... I don't see any issues with that.

And if he did try to enlighten him, he would have been stuck giving free technical support for the rest of his life.
Old 02-21-2008, 01:38 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

/\ I agree. I've bought tons of stuff that I have regretted/shouldn't have purchased. It's part of life. We all have. Sorry but I'm not sleeping less tonight because someone bought something he didn't need at a fair price!

Besides, this is a PPC forum, not a moral values forum. This conversation will never end if we don't let it. Like politics, you can't convince someone to change their beliefs. This thread will be closed, nothing will be accomplished IMO.

Last edited by Pibe38; 02-22-2008 at 12:32 AM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan