PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2008, 07:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

gbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
The price of being uninformed

I put my bluetooth GPS for sale on Craigslist since we have the leaked ROM now and I don't need it anymore. I met up with the guy and he tried to haggle me down to $30 instead of the $40 I was asking for. I told him $40 was a fair price for it and he said OK. Then he asked me to set it up for him so he could test it with Google Maps before he bought it.

So he pulls his phone out of his pocket and what does he have? A Sprint Mogul! I was doing the best I could not to laugh. I set it all up for him, he left with the unit and I left with the money. Just goes to show that staying informed can save you some money!
Old 02-19-2008, 07:59 PM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: The price of being uninformed

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm85 View Post
I put my bluetooth GPS for sale on Craigslist since we have the leaked ROM now and I don't need it anymore. I met up with the guy and he tried to haggle me down to $30 instead of the $40 I was asking for. I told him $40 was a fair price for it and he said OK. Then he asked me to set it up for him so he could test it with Google Maps before he bought it.

So he pulls his phone out of his pocket and what does he have? A Sprint Mogul! I was doing the best I could not to laugh. I set it all up for him, he left with the unit and I left with the money. Just goes to show that staying informed can save you some money!
SCORE........
Wonder how hes going to feel when sprint announces that the mogul is GPS and they just released a update to fix it? I bet you see your GPS back on CL in a few weeks.

Last edited by Lsme420; 02-20-2008 at 09:06 PM.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:21 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Gotta love CL sometimes... i got my wife a brand new apache off a guy from CL for $100 cause his job had given him a blackberry. The 6700 was fresh out of the box fresh out of the box, never been used (well he made like 5 calls but still) ect. a month later i took it to the sprint store cause she dropped it and cracked the screen... they gave me a brand new mogul. And I owe it all to Craigslist! lol

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 02-19-2008, 10:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: Att

Joeriginal is a n00b

Well maybe its just who I am, not to sound all high and mighty. But rather than take advantage of ignorance why not enlighten it. Yeah it would of cost you 40 bucks at the time, but chances are you would of still sold it eventually, but rather than take advantage of a fellow moguler who might not be privy to the same information you are, Why not explain to him how to better his ppc be directing him to this site. Not judging, just saying that there are many ways to look at an opportunity, and this is just my take.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/Mogul/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO rooted

itsall_cooool is keeping up the good workitsall_cooool is keeping up the good work

amen Joe.... this is what being a member here is all about
Old 02-19-2008, 11:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

dustinjohnson is a n00b

business is business these days

He may have needed the money
Old 02-19-2008, 11:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

jbbosu is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to jbbosu Send a message via MSN to jbbosu

Tis quite the conundrum! (sp)

Just email him the ppcgeeks link now...that will make it ok!
Old 02-20-2008, 12:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800 (Sprint Mogul)

bakntyme is keeping up the good workbakntyme is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinjohnson View Post
business is business these days
Would you accept that answer from your cell phone carrier, or any other company you do business with?
Old 02-20-2008, 12:28 AM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP

You never know. He might have preferred to have an external GPS unit. If it was SirfIII, it would have been much better than the Mogul's internal GPS. Plus he can use it with a laptop or other devices. I have a USB GPS for the CarPC I am building and it gets a signal in seconds and locks on strong even inside my house.

Old 02-20-2008, 12:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

gbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Exactly. It is a better unit that what the Mogul has internally.

As far as "taking advantage", I provided the promised product for the promised price. I don't see how that's taking advantage of him.

He has a Blackberry too. Maybe he is also going to use it with that. Or maybe he has a laptop he wants to use it with.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan