PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   The price of being uninformed (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=18683)

gbm85 02-19-2008 07:42 PM

The price of being uninformed

I put my bluetooth GPS for sale on Craigslist since we have the leaked ROM now and I don't need it anymore. I met up with the guy and he tried to haggle me down to $30 instead of the $40 I was asking for. I told him $40 was a fair price for it and he said OK. Then he asked me to set it up for him so he could test it with Google Maps before he bought it.

So he pulls his phone out of his pocket and what does he have? A Sprint Mogul! I was doing the best I could not to laugh. I set it all up for him, he left with the unit and I left with the money. Just goes to show that staying informed can save you some money!

Lsme420 02-19-2008 07:59 PM

Re: The price of being uninformed

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbm85 (Post 187252)
I put my bluetooth GPS for sale on Craigslist since we have the leaked ROM now and I don't need it anymore. I met up with the guy and he tried to haggle me down to $30 instead of the $40 I was asking for. I told him $40 was a fair price for it and he said OK. Then he asked me to set it up for him so he could test it with Google Maps before he bought it.

So he pulls his phone out of his pocket and what does he have? A Sprint Mogul! I was doing the best I could not to laugh. I set it all up for him, he left with the unit and I left with the money. Just goes to show that staying informed can save you some money!

SCORE........
Wonder how hes going to feel when sprint announces that the mogul is GPS and they just released a update to fix it? I bet you see your GPS back on CL in a few weeks.

InvincibleLiving 02-19-2008 08:21 PM

Gotta love CL sometimes... i got my wife a brand new apache off a guy from CL for $100 cause his job had given him a blackberry. The 6700 was fresh out of the box fresh out of the box, never been used (well he made like 5 calls but still) ect. a month later i took it to the sprint store cause she dropped it and cracked the screen... they gave me a brand new mogul. And I owe it all to Craigslist! lol

Joeriginal 02-19-2008 10:32 PM

Well maybe its just who I am, not to sound all high and mighty. But rather than take advantage of ignorance why not enlighten it. Yeah it would of cost you 40 bucks at the time, but chances are you would of still sold it eventually, but rather than take advantage of a fellow moguler who might not be privy to the same information you are, Why not explain to him how to better his ppc be directing him to this site. Not judging, just saying that there are many ways to look at an opportunity, and this is just my take.

itsall_cooool 02-19-2008 11:39 PM

amen Joe.... this is what being a member here is all about

dustinjohnson 02-19-2008 11:43 PM

business is business these days

He may have needed the money

jbbosu 02-19-2008 11:48 PM

Tis quite the conundrum! (sp)

Just email him the ppcgeeks link now...that will make it ok! ;)

bakntyme 02-20-2008 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dustinjohnson (Post 187401)
business is business these days

Would you accept that answer from your cell phone carrier, or any other company you do business with?

stroths 02-20-2008 12:28 AM

You never know. He might have preferred to have an external GPS unit. If it was SirfIII, it would have been much better than the Mogul's internal GPS. Plus he can use it with a laptop or other devices. I have a USB GPS for the CarPC I am building and it gets a signal in seconds and locks on strong even inside my house.

gbm85 02-20-2008 12:58 AM

Exactly. It is a better unit that what the Mogul has internally.

As far as "taking advantage", I provided the promised product for the promised price. I don't see how that's taking advantage of him.

He has a Blackberry too. Maybe he is also going to use it with that. Or maybe he has a laptop he wants to use it with.