PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2008, 02:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

a_lazy_dude is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Have to return bricked 6800. What will they look for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDiddyC View Post
So is there a chance I can get another copy of the original Verizon ROM from somewhere else?
i know for sure that there is a working one floating around on xda-developers somewhere. i'd link you to it, but i'm on my titan right now, and i only have the bookmark at home. try searching for it. you'll probably need to install it via your SD card, from the bootloader screen... a search should turn up instructions for how to do that as well.
Old 03-06-2008, 03:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

JDiddyC is a n00b

New Phone on the way! I played dumb... LOL Now the question is, should I venture it again? I'm thinking I may but will wait for a few months so as to not make them suspect anything if I have to say, call in for them to reset my data with the new radio. Man, I respect all of you but that 3.27 radio is scary! I'm not sure I'll brave it until I see and hear of more Verizon users having lots of success!

Thanks again to all that responded! I've learned a lot and may be flashing again soon.

UPDATE: 3/8/08

SO! I got the replacement and after reading some more threads and doing some thinking, No I'm too scared to try again, the radio is probably what killed me. I did at one point upgrade the radio and ROM and managed to get it relocked and on the original Verizon ROM successfully. I think the thing I missed was flashing the radio back to say 1.40 FIRST, then the original ROM, and finally a relock and maybe the ROM again.

This past attempt, that may or may not have bricked me, was me relocking, then trying to revert the Radio or OS ROMs. All I got was the gray screen with a hung 0% no matter what ROM I tried. I even tried loading ROMs from the memory card and got the "Loading...." screen and hung there. (Guessing it was trying to read the image file) I never got the "Hit the power button now to upgrade" or whatever is supposed to show up.

To all those playing with the new Radio 3.27, just beware and READ the directions. IF you want to go back be sure to get off the new RADIO FIRST! I think that is the key. For now, I'll sit back a while and maybe gain some confidence and dare this again in a month or so.

Have fun,
JDiddyC

Last edited by JDiddyC; 03-08-2008 at 09:40 AM. Reason: UPDATE:
Old 03-06-2008, 05:06 PM
Lurker

alafen is a n00b

My Mogul stucked at 3-color screen step showing as following
TITA100
SPL-1.06.0000
CPLD-9

After more than 8 hours frustrated and depressed research, I saw your post and run exit exe via pc to Mogul. I heard a beep and my Mogul move to restart and loading Windows.........

Thank you so much!! =D>=D>=D>

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoMogul View Post
LOL!!! I when trought the entire 82 post and did't see anyone naming the word EXIT_BOOTLOADER!!!!.
I installed the leaked rom without problems, then a friend of work tried to install it and get stuck on the green, blue, white screen and activesync did not recognise it, so what I did was.
1. exitbootloader (titan_exitbl.exe, to use it you need to go connection settings on activesync and uncheck "allow usb connections" and then run exitbl) this like is name says, take you out of the boot and take you back to your latest installed rom.
2.then I flash the new rom from the SD card, like others said this work prety good.
1. Format your sd card at fat32, get the nbh file and copy it to the card, and reeboot your phone,
IMPORTANT as my mistake I name the file as titaNimg.nbh, and it didnt work, a grey screen apeers for a half a second and nothing, after cheking the file on my pc, I realize that, change the file to TITAIMG.NBH and it works with now problem.
3. My friend was more than happy for his phone brought back to life, and I hope that you can do it right and be happy 2.

PD, before you run your car over your phone PM, if you have insurance on your phone call me first, so I punch you on the face and take your phone away, and you claim it stolen.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

mbrown8767 is a n00b

For those of you struggling with this issue - I ran into the same thing. While not super-technical, I think I know what I did.

I was intending to flash DCD's ROM to get GPS and rev A functionality, and had been reading up on it for a few days. When googling outside of this and another site, I ran into a page that seemed to indicate that it was easier than flashing. There were 3 simple files to run, so I went with it.

It ended up being an older version of DCD's ROM. I got to the bootloader screen, recognized what it was and freaked. I was at work and didn't want to do it then. It loaded a first ROM and asked if I wanted to load another and I stupidly said No - thinking I could finish it later. That is what mucked the phone up.

No amount of hard resets, getting into the bootloader - nothing would work. It would not recognize Activesync, etc.

If you are reading this post - STOP WASTING YOUR TIME. I wasted a couple of days...and was REALLY REALLY stressed about it. This was a corporate phone plan, but I had to buy the phone myself. Corporate lady told me I had no insurance. I did this within 30 days of getting the phone.

If this happens to you - go to a smaller kiosk store in a mall or something. Sit somewhere and watch the staff. If there is someone who doesn't seem real technical, wait and ask for them. Be polite. Don't cuss. Explain that the phone was having some issues and that you don't know what to do about it. Don't try to prove your technical expertise. They will be suspicious of you if you do that.

They replaced mine with no questions asked - no problem. They will probably be able to fix the phone. I simply could not and I work at a technology place where others smarter than I couldn't help.

Just my two cents...and my first post. I thought I would let you know my experience and hope it helps.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan