PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2007, 10:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

subhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to subhumanderelict
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtx_aspec View Post
You guys just seem like cry babies to me.
The mogul is the best pocket pc phone i have ever owned, and now I can't see myself without it.
I don't have blue tooth issues
I don't have roaming lockups
It just works for ME. So if it works for me seeing that I abuse the hell out of it and have all the latest beta software installed, it should for you.
Sure windows mobile sucks, but what's the alternative? PALM? a joke. the iPHONE? a pretty useless toy.
We are lucky we get any firmware updates at all. I remember back in the day...firmware updates? ha ha yeah right. you'd be better off replacing your phone with a new model.
Yes I am a phone whore. yes I get a new phone every few months. yes I always go for the latest and greatest. And it just so happens that this phone is the one that is going to be with me for quite some time (until the tilt comes out on sprint :P) no matter what bugs it has. it WORKS for ME. I use this phone all day long with palm sms threaded messaging, ae buttons mapped from a-z, VNC in and out of my home network constantly.
I even carry a spare battery in my wallet. It's my home away from home. GPS and REVa are just some things to look forward to.
PATIENCE IS KEY.
now stop crying, put the panties back on and get a life. Realize it's a phone, its made by people, who aren't perfect, and have a million things to do at once. Theres no magical "super phone" out there that's bug free just yet.
Hell, if I can live with this phone, being the Chief Executive Officer of a company, who uses this thing non stop, anyone can. We aren't called early adopters for nothin' you know.
You know, I’m pretty new to all this myself. I have a Motorola Q at the moment, but will be upgrading soon to the Mogul. However, I knew before going in that the Q had a myriad of problems. After reading ahead, I was able to deal with these problems. Oddly enough, I had some problems others didn’t have, but didn’t have problems others had. The bottom line is, some people’s devices experience different problems. Just because your device is running more or less the way you want it to doesn’t mean everyone else’s is. You don’t have Bluetooth issues? Fantastic! You don’t have roaming lock-ups? Great! Those who are having problems should not have to face criticism from people like you for complaining. I think it’s a given with features like this that they should work reasonably well. Not all of these people complaining are inept “cry babies.” Just looking through ebmorgan’s posts, I can see he contributes to threads in addition to bringing light to the phone’s faults. His complaints are valid, he does not sound bitchy, he’s just going to bat for those of us who also feel this device can do better.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Threadstarter

ebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakntyme View Post
So your AGO said that this is not a claim that they are interested in pursuing, despite Sprint's refusal to divulge any information to them, and told you that you might find a lawyer willing to take it on. Not quite a ringing endorsement of your complaint...

If all you really want is a public acknowledgment by Sprint of the problems, that happened a couple of weeks ago on the Sprint forum, www.buzzaboutwireless.com. That forum was established by Sprint to open some communication with its users and is moderated by Sprint employees, one of whom authenticated the user who posted the following:

Here is a link to the thread on BAW http://forums.buzzaboutwireless.com/...thread.id=2550

They are listening and responding...the request for a beta testing program by some of the forum users is apparently under consideration. So, accept the fact that no technology device is perfect, be happy that Sprint is starting to be more open and is actually willing to have HTC fix some of the problems with this one, and get on with your life.
From the get go, the AGO said they can't force a company to do anything. They only investigate and then make recommendations. They can only pursue if the company cooperates in providing information. The AGO can't force them. Also, the AGO can take things further if its a felony criminal investigation: pension raiding, embeselment, etc. So their advise is to contact an attorney, a couple of legal institutions, and the FTC Bureau of Consumer Protection.

And PS: For anyone who says their Mogul has no issue.....you're wrong. You just don't see them. Even the manufaturer and Sprint sees the issues.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: T Mobile

cykococo is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to cykococo
Quote:
Originally Posted by markgamber View Post
I started pursuing it through a lawyer with the PA state AG and the BBB about a week ago. I don't think it's really possible to be too hard on Sprint. Good luck!
Don't believe for one second that this is going to get governmental attention. Do you know who is Sprint/Nextel's biggest customer?

That's right boys and girls, the United States Government

Old 12-20-2007, 01:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Super Delux Windoz9 6800+
Carrier: SARS, Avian Flu, Scabies

canospinach is keeping up the good workcanospinach is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to canospinach
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebmorgan View Post
From the get go, the AGO said they can't force a company to do anything. They only investigate and then make recommendations. They can only pursue if the company cooperates in providing information. The AGO can't force them. Also, the AGO can take things further if its a felony criminal investigation: pension raiding, embeselment, etc. So their advise is to contact an attorney, a couple of legal institutions, and the FTC Bureau of Consumer Protection..
So from the get go, you knew this would go nowhere. I am starting to see the Narcissist in you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebmorgan View Post
And PS: For anyone who says their Mogul has no issue.....you're wrong. You just don't see them. Even the manufaturer and Sprint sees the issues.
You do realize Reality is based solely on perspective and as such you really cannot tell people "Your Wrong" just as we cannot tell you your "wrong"...

That being said, you never answered my questions in the other post:

What exactly was promised "as advertised" which was not delivered and is different from any other handset on the market? (remember you told me i was "wrong" but didnt bother to provide evidence). not generalities, show me EXACT DOCUMENTATION which answers this.

As often said "software is a fluid development process". Clearly you dont program or develop, if you did you might understand some of the issues and delays which have postponed certain percieved features.

I will say i do applaud your desire to "get things fixed" but honestly you truly believe this is the smartest way to approach this? Clearly we have different values, i dont pursue legal action with anyone until it is necessary, an absolute last resort. Instead i prefer to be part of the solution...positively, working to clear up any disputes and proposing resolutions.

Why not take a positive approach and get involved in the development process as oppose to trying to manifest a "witchhunt" with a frivolous lawsuit.

Where do you think Sprint gets their revenue to pay for intended legal action like this? If you dont realize already its the subscriber service fees. Thank You in advance for being part of why Sprint will inevitably raise our rates.

This is clearly a well thought out course of action.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint-SERO Premium

honan is a n00b
How many of the people who are experiencing problems with the phone are running as a stock unit? I have seen people who found an issue, diagnosed their conflicting add-on software and went about their way. Unless you are running the phone with the stock rom (no mods) and only Sprint downloaded software, don't bitch. If you are, raise hell and make them fix it. Most on this site aren't stock.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

markgamber is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by canospinach View Post
So from the get go, you knew this would go nowhere. I am starting to see the Narcissist in you.

You do realize Reality is based solely on perspective and as such you really cannot tell people "Your Wrong" just as we cannot tell you your "wrong"...

That being said, you never answered my questions in the other post:

What exactly was promised "as advertised" which was not delivered and is different from any other handset on the market? (remember you told me i was "wrong" but didnt bother to provide evidence). not generalities, show me EXACT DOCUMENTATION which answers this.

As often said "software is a fluid development process". Clearly you dont program or develop, if you did you might understand some of the issues and delays which have postponed certain percieved features.

I will say i do applaud your desire to "get things fixed" but honestly you truly believe this is the smartest way to approach this? Clearly we have different values, i dont pursue legal action with anyone until it is necessary, an absolute last resort. Instead i prefer to be part of the solution...positively, working to clear up any disputes and proposing resolutions.

Why not take a positive approach and get involved in the development process as oppose to trying to manifest a "witchhunt" with a frivolous lawsuit.

Where do you think Sprint gets their revenue to pay for intended legal action like this? If you dont realize already its the subscriber service fees. Thank You in advance for being part of why Sprint will inevitably raise our rates.

This is clearly a well thought out course of action.

THIS IS a last resort. I've spoken to people at Sprint to the point where it made me sick to my stomach and you know what happened? Absolutely nothing. At best they had nothing to offer and at worst they were belligerant. The further up the ladder I went, the more obnoxious and self-serving they became. So I filed complaints with the BBB and the state AG. I've already replaced this turd with a real pda phone at my cost because I needed a phone, not a list of excuses, but THIS is why ONCE AGAIN (how many times has it been now? I've lost track) Sprint has been voted the ABSOLUTE WORST in customer service. Sprint could eliminate their entire CS department and it would be a considerable step up.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Super Delux Windoz9 6800+
Carrier: SARS, Avian Flu, Scabies

canospinach is keeping up the good workcanospinach is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to canospinach
Quote:
Originally Posted by markgamber View Post
THIS IS a last resort. I've spoken to people at Sprint to the point where it made me sick to my stomach and you know what happened? Absolutely nothing. At best they had nothing to offer and at worst they were belligerant. The further up the ladder I went, the more obnoxious and self-serving they became. So I filed complaints with the BBB and the state AG. I've already replaced this turd with a real pda phone at my cost because I needed a phone, not a list of excuses, but THIS is why ONCE AGAIN (how many times has it been now? I've lost track) Sprint has been voted the ABSOLUTE WORST in customer service. Sprint could eliminate their entire CS department and it would be a considerable step up.
First off, i do appreciate and acknowledge your frusteration.

You do realize its your choice to stop service and goto another carrier where you might get the client services you expect?

Many of these posts play the victim, yet lets all be adult about this, its the users choice to signup or cancel service . I dont see anyone with a "gun to the head" forcing you to choose Sprint, nor do i see such an entity forcing you to continue service.

Contracts can be canceled at any time. Coverage and Performance are not guaranteed as per the service agreement you signed. Current breakage models say you need to be on at least 18 months (per handset) for Sprint to cover its costs to provide your discounted phone and service, so you may pay an ETF, but you knew that when you signed up as thats nothing new.

Bottom line, if you are that unhappy....switch...its awfully easy and takes far less time/resources than legal action.

Last edited by canospinach; 12-20-2007 at 01:57 PM. Reason: i speak typo
Old 12-20-2007, 01:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero 1.5 OS

jfolliard is just getting started
can you share the make/model of the "real PDA phone" you replaced the Mogul with?

Thanks.
Old 12-20-2007, 02:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

markgamber is just getting started
LOL....really? I should pay $200 per line because Sprint sold an overpriced turd and is incapable of fixing it? Do you work for them or something? That sounds like something their management would say. In fact, I think that's exactly what their management did say last week when I last spoke with them. They lost what, 200,000 customers in Q3 of 2007 alone and that's the response I got to their selling me a broken phone for $600. If their plan is to actively work as hard as they can to not exist as soon as possible, they're doing a GREAT job. If you're worried about your rates increasing, maybe you should check into why people are abandoning Sprint as if it carries the plague.

I'm using a Vodafone Blackberry 8800. It was a little less than the Mogul but everything actually worked right out of the box, including the internal GPS. The battery lasts for days, bluetooth is flawless, it looks good, fast, plenty of memory, and MUCH easier to dev for. Considerably larger software market, too, and that was before the iPhone took a measurable chunk of the WM market. It's an excellent phone and it's GSM so I can use it in the US and UK. I might get a Touch to use with Sprint until my contract is voided.
Old 12-20-2007, 02:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800

jdemmer is a n00b
A real gun or a "fiscally loaded ETF gun?"
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan