PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2007, 07:41 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

ajk511 is keeping up the good workajk511 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to ajk511 Send a message via MSN to ajk511
Back on topic people.
Old 12-19-2007, 06:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Threadstarter

ebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I heard from the WA Ago AND Sprint today.

The AGO said that Sprint was unwilling to comment or divulge any info. They refered several lawyers and legal organization who might want to to take a look at this claim. But I don't want to sue Sprint. I just want them to own up to the problem publicly. I want them to realize that this scenario is damaging so that maybe next time they'll do a better job...and stop ignoring their customers. I thought that in light of the bad press from dropping 1,000 customers and the loss of over 200,000 customers in Q3 of 2007 would have set off a red light....but I guess not.

Sprint said nothing except that a ROM update is comming in Q1 "sometime" and will enable RevA and GPS....the same shpleal they've been giving for months. They don't give a shit.

Oh well....can't say I never tried.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul 6800

sd_matto is a n00b
Sprint Legal Admission To WA Govt Entity

At least you got them to admit to a state (WA) govt authority that the GPS/Rev A update was coming sometime in Q1. Frankly, I think that makes it all worth it. If Sprint does NOT come through with this update, they are going to be in a WORLD of (legal) hurt now. I am in California, and Bus Prof Code Section 17200 comes to mind (if Sprint does NOT come through with update).

Hopefully, you pointed out Sprint's admission to the WA state rep with whom you were working.

Regardless, great job! Thanks for doing that.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: verizon

still.focused is a n00b
I dont have Sprint service or experienced the mentioned probs
But i do see that alot of people are going thru issues with this phone
Its a step in the right direction atleast
I was part of the class action against Verizon for the crippling of the v710
Took forever but it worked out pretty nicely
Best of luck fellas
Old 12-20-2007, 03:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

paravis is just getting started
I've had a mogul for quite some time now, and I have no idea what all the bitching is about. Granted, I don't use a BT headset.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Sprint->Verizon
Carrier: Verizon

sudermatt is keeping up the good worksudermatt is keeping up the good work
early adopters...especially those of use who've been so for a looong time, become so used to bugs and poor performance. We pluck down our $400 every 8 months for the latest and greatest....

Well, you know, they should work as advertised....like other products...

Just a thought
Old 12-20-2007, 04:10 AM
boubert

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
BEEFS BITCHES GRIPES AND COMPLAINTS!! I personally was told I'd have Sprint TV-radio, even signed up for the service and what do i get? well Sirius radio's mobile version works darn well, however Sprint radio not so much. i was fooled into believing Windows Mobile 6.0 Professional was new, turns out it should have been called 5.1, EV-DO Rev A.? theres a ghost! the claims of GPS are also haunting me. now I'm not saying that the Mogul is a bad peace of technology, but there were a lot of claims that were not delivered upon. over all i am happy with mine and would not trade it for any thing else Sprint has ( I might trade for a Touch since I dont use the WIFI) but I do think they should be accountable for the things they tell us, and the promises they make.
Old 12-20-2007, 05:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC T7380

gtx_aspec is becoming a great contributor
You guys just seem like cry babies to me.

The mogul is the best pocket pc phone i have ever owned, and now I can't see myself without it.

I don't have blue tooth issues

I don't have roaming lockups

It just works for ME. So if it works for me seeing that I abuse the hell out of it and have all the latest beta software installed, it should for you.

Sure windows mobile sucks, but what's the alternative? PALM? a joke. the iPHONE? a pretty useless toy.

We are lucky we get any firmware updates at all. I remember back in the day...firmware updates? ha ha yeah right. you'd be better off replacing your phone with a new model.

Yes I am a phone whore. yes I get a new phone every few months. yes I always go for the latest and greatest. And it just so happens that this phone is the one that is going to be with me for quite some time (until the tilt comes out on sprint :P) no matter what bugs it has. it WORKS for ME. I use this phone all day long with palm sms threaded messaging, ae buttons mapped from a-z, VNC in and out of my home network constantly.

I even carry a spare battery in my wallet. It's my home away from home. GPS and REVa are just some things to look forward to.

PATIENCE IS KEY.

now stop crying, put the panties back on and get a life. Realize it's a phone, its made by people, who aren't perfect, and have a million things to do at once. Theres no magical "super phone" out there that's bug free just yet.

Hell, if I can live with this phone, being the Chief Executive Officer of a company, who uses this thing non stop, anyone can. We aren't called early adopters for nothin' you know.

-
gtx
live free, and live the dream that dares to be dreamed.

Last edited by gtx_aspec; 12-20-2007 at 05:34 AM. Reason: expanded on people being cry babies.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

sj808 is just getting started
you mogul Stans are hilarious.
Old 12-20-2007, 10:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800 (Sprint Mogul)

bakntyme is keeping up the good workbakntyme is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebmorgan View Post
I heard from the WA Ago AND Sprint today.

The AGO said that Sprint was unwilling to comment or divulge any info. They refered several lawyers and legal organization who might want to to take a look at this claim. But I don't want to sue Sprint. I just want them to own up to the problem publicly. I want them to realize that this scenario is damaging so that maybe next time they'll do a better job...and stop ignoring their customers. I thought that in light of the bad press from dropping 1,000 customers and the loss of over 200,000 customers in Q3 of 2007 would have set off a red light....but I guess not.

Sprint said nothing except that a ROM update is comming in Q1 "sometime" and will enable RevA and GPS....the same shpleal they've been giving for months. They don't give a shit.

Oh well....can't say I never tried.
So your AGO said that this is not a claim that they are interested in pursuing, despite Sprint's refusal to divulge any information to them, and told you that you might find a lawyer willing to take it on. Not quite a ringing endorsement of your complaint...

If all you really want is a public acknowledgment by Sprint of the problems, that happened a couple of weeks ago on the Sprint forum, www.buzzaboutwireless.com. That forum was established by Sprint to open some communication with its users and is moderated by Sprint employees, one of whom authenticated the user who posted the following:

Quote:
On November 30, 2007, Sprint and HTC delivered software ROM version2.17.651.0, which was designed to improve Bluetooth performance and correct issues that were unintentionally caused by a previous ROM version 2.16.51.0. Sprint continues to monitor and test other performance aspects of the Mogul to ensure all issues are resolved and customers are adequately informed of any future plans. As part of these efforts, Sprint has provided answers to some common, reoccurring questions about the Mogul:
Quote:

1) What features will Sprint provide in the next ROM upgrade due in early 1Q2008?
·EV-DO Rev. A Capabilities– The Mogul currently supports EV-DO Rev. 0 data speeds. The update will enable to Mogul to transmit data at faster speeds over the Sprint Mobile Broadband CDMA data network. With EV-DO Rev. A, average download speeds increase from 400-700kbps to 600 Kbps-1.4Mbps and average upload speeds increase from 50 -70 kbps to 350-500 Kbps where Rev. A is available.

·GPS – The Mogul currently supports limited Location-Based Services including E-911 Phase II, 411 Driving Directions,AAA Location Services, Sprint Family Locator, Sprint Business Mobility Framework (Idle Mode Queries over the Control Plane), and all other Control Plane LBS features offered by Sprint. Advanced User Plane and Autonomous GPS functionality will be added in the next ROM upgrade. This enhancement will support new applications such as Sprint Navigation which provides turn-by-turn directions similar to an in-vehicle GPS system. More information about Sprint Navigation can be found on the Sprint website at http://www.nextel.com/en/services/gp...vigation.shtml

·Fixes for new issues discovered since the release of software version 2.17.651.0. Sprint encourages customers to post any issues they are experiencing with the latest software so we can investigate causes and resolutions for our next ROM. We are actively reading these forums to take your experiences into account when developing software updates. We have seen the postings that a few customers are having trouble with fringe coverage and are investigating the cause and resolution to be incorporated into the next ROM update.

2) Why is Sprint behind on the Rev. A upgrade that was promised sometime in 2007?
Initially Sprint was targeting delivery of the Rev. A upgrade for sometime in 4Q 2007. Unfortunately software development is a fluid process. There were some delays in developing the GPS component of the software, which is part of the Rev. A upgrade. These issues are now resolved and this next version of the software will soon be ready for the test phase. Sprint anticipates making the Rev. A upgrade available to customers in early 1Q 2008. Once fully tested and certified this upgrade will be made available by posting the software to www.sprint.com/mogulupdate with instructions on downloading to a PC and then installing on a Mogul.

3) What is the status of a user beta test program for Sprint?
Sprint is currently investigating the possibility of a user beta trial program for its smart device ROM releases. If approved, this program would likely be implemented for the next Mogul ROM release (with EV-DO Rev. A and GPS) due in early 1Q 2008.

4) Why was the Mogul not provided with more memory?
The amount of standard memory on the Mogul was consistent with standard memory allocations for devices at the time it was developed. However, the development timeline was extended when the OS was changed from Windows Mobile 5.0 to Windows Mobile 6 and during that time memory standards increased. We understand the demand for additional memory and have started to increase the amount of RAM in newer devices. The Touch by HTC was recently launched and includes 128MB RAM and 256MB ROM.

5) Are all Bluetooth Headsets compatible with the Mogul? No, Bluetooth headsets are not universally compatible with all handsets. Therefore, issues a user may encounter with a Bluetooth headset may not be attributable to the handset.

6) How does the testing process for devices work at Sprint?
Some forum users have asked what does Sprint do during certification and do they catch any issues. The process begins with the device Manufacturer developing the ROM software which will operate the device. Once they have a new version developed, both the Manufacturer and Sprint will test this software through numerous testing scenarios. During this process, many issues are discovered, and each one is captured with a request by Sprint to the Manufacturer to find a cause and resolution. Once the issues have been resolved, the software is considered ready for distribution to customers. Unfortunately, while we catch many, many issues during testing, some issues may not be discovered during the process. We are continually updating our testing scenarios to identify any issues that may have previously gone undetected. Sprint is evaluating a beta testing program for forum participants based on your recommendations to assist in the future development of device software.
Here is a link to the thread on BAW http://forums.buzzaboutwireless.com/...thread.id=2550

They are listening and responding...the request for a beta testing program by some of the forum users is apparently under consideration. So, accept the fact that no technology device is perfect, be happy that Sprint is starting to be more open and is actually willing to have HTC fix some of the problems with this one, and get on with your life.

Last edited by bakntyme; 12-20-2007 at 10:47 AM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan