PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2007, 02:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

ebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Washington State AGO Investigation into the Mogul

As I have posted in another thread, I submitted complaints to both the Washington State and Viginia State Attorny Generals Offices regarding the Mogul, and Sprint's failure to deliver on advertised functionality, and rectify the situation in a fair manner.

Well....it has gotten some attention.

I was contacted by the WA State AGO. They informed me that they have reviewed my complaint, validated it, and are now investigating Sprint's business practices as they pertain to the Mogul. They said that they can't guarantee that anything will happen, but they are concerned enough to investigate. I suspect they are investigate other false advertisment claims against Sprint by other peeps.

WOOT! I was beginning to think that I was maybe giving Sprint too hard of a time and I was being unfair about the Mogul's shitty track record. But apparently I'm not. The government thinks it might be BS too...

I'm not looking for free service, free phones, or anything like that. I'm looking for accountability.

I'll keep you all updated.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:37 PM
HTC Soldier
Pocket PC: EVO 3-1/2G
Carrier: Sprinter Cell

xweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIP
You should have went with the Alltel version!

But seriously, good for you. I know many have the Sprint PPC6800 and Sprint owes it to the consumers whom have shelled out the hard cash to make the PPC6800 operate the way it was advertised and designed to. It is such a capable device.

Good luck!

Old 12-14-2007, 02:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

harrybozack is just getting started
What is the functionality it's missing? I'm new to the Mogul scene and have no idea why you have your panties in a twist
Old 12-14-2007, 02:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Threadstarter

ebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Do some reading and looking around before you come here and make stupid "panty" comments.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

CDRacingZX6R is a n00b
I have never seen a phone/PDA with so much love and hate.

Some people say theres works fine, no problems for the most part. Other people say it doesn't even ring when people call, and it's constantly freezing...

I really hope when my comes it works good..
Old 12-14-2007, 04:19 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrybozack View Post
What is the functionality it's missing? I'm new to the Mogul scene and have no idea why you have your panties in a twist
If you're "...new to the Mogul scene and have no idea...", why the need for a snarky comment from a noob?!?

If you had spent any time at all reading, you'd know the Mogul has reliability issues (freezing while roaming) and BT audio quality issues.
Old 12-14-2007, 04:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

Vertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebmorgan View Post
I'm not looking for free service, free phones, or anything like that. I'm looking for accountability.
I would love free service and free phones!!
Old 12-14-2007, 04:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero 1.5 OS

jfolliard is just getting started
Quote:
As I have posted in another thread, I submitted complaints to both the Washington State and Viginia State Attorny Generals Offices regarding the Mogul, and Sprint's failure to deliver on advertised functionality, and rectify the situation in a fair manner.

Well....it has gotten some attention.

I was contacted by the WA State AGO. They informed me that they have reviewed my complaint, validated it, and are now investigating Sprint's business practices as they pertain to the Mogul. They said that they can't guarantee that anything will happen, but they are concerned enough to investigate. I suspect they are investigate other false advertisment claims against Sprint by other peeps.

WOOT! I was beginning to think that I was maybe giving Sprint too hard of a time and I was being unfair about the Mogul's shitty track record. But apparently I'm not. The government thinks it might be BS too...

I'll keep you all updated.
sorry to burst your bubble but accepting and beginning an investigation is not any indication that "The government thinks it might be BS too.."

I'm very familar with the process - "validation" if they used that word does not mean they agree with you - it simply means that you're one-step beyond the thousands of crackpot complaints they get every month.

With that said, and even though my Mogul works perfectly and I wasn't misled about its features - more power to you. If I were the CEO of Sprint I'd welcome an independent review of all the bashing that goes on.
Old 12-14-2007, 04:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

markgamber is just getting started
I started pursuing it through a lawyer with the PA state AG and the BBB about a week ago. I don't think it's really possible to be too hard on Sprint. Good luck!
Old 12-14-2007, 05:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

harrybozack is just getting started
Quote:
Do some reading and looking around before you come here and make stupid "panty" comments.
Well collectively you guys do so much bitching it's hard to tell what you're complaining about at the moment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by willysp View Post
If you're "...new to the Mogul scene and have no idea...", why the need for a snarky comment from a noob?!?

If you had spent any time at all reading, you'd know the Mogul has reliability issues (freezing while roaming) and BT audio quality issues.
It wasn't meant to be snarky, it's just that there was no clarification given as to what functionality was missing from the Mogul. I've read a lot about the BT issues but I haven't used it yet so I didn't realize what I was missing out on.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan