PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2010, 01:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

mtglo is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Manila Sense 2.1 / 2.5 *Updated Feb 19, 2010*

First off - Jmart518, thanks for all your time and efforts with 2.5. It is very much appreciated!!

Unfortunately, this most recent 2.5 2012.1225 runs slow on my Imagio. I've tried every update since the original 2.5 appeared on this forum, and so far I have to say megapinky's 2012 cab on page 63 is the smoothest, fastest and most stable (aside from slow messaging).

It is unfortunate, because the tweaks and add-ons to this version are really nice. The reader and recent document tabs are a huge plus!! The screen rotation assigned to the media key, the left soft key now being "lock" - works great.

The slow down I've noticed and am experiencing is scrolling through the bottom tabs, the initial sense startup, starting and exiting programs - but mostly the animated weather on the home screen is very slow. With clouds moving by and the clock flipping to the next minute, it's extremely choppy. I know 2.5 requires some "warming" up to work best, but no luck.

I also found that the footprints tab is not working. I get an .exe error when I push the footprint icon - sorry, I would check and explain in more detail as to what the error was but I'm already in the process of re-installing megapinky's cab.

I also have never had sense 2.5 completely freeze on me until now - as well as having the lock screen freeze up (slid to left or right and it would not unlock)... had to soft reset in both instances.

All of the above I experienced prior to installing any programs.

Oh well - thanks again for the efforts... sounds as though the unlock is right around the corner.

By any chance - are you able to provide a cab or the files needed to install the reader tab? This was really a nice extra and I hate to lose it.
Old 02-20-2010, 01:51 PM
Cookin' Project: Teya
Pocket PC: Omnia i910, HTC Imagio, Now Gnex
Carrier: Big Red
Threadstarter

jmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtglo View Post
First off - Jmart518, thanks for all your time and efforts with 2.5. It is very much appreciated!!

Unfortunately, this most recent 2.5 2012.1225 runs slow on my Imagio. I've tried every update since the original 2.5 appeared on this forum, and so far I have to say megapinky's 2012 cab on page 63 is the smoothest, fastest and most stable (aside from slow messaging).

It is unfortunate, because the tweaks and add-ons to this version are really nice. The reader and recent document tabs are a huge plus!! The screen rotation assigned to the media key, the left soft key now being "lock" - works great.

The slow down I've noticed and am experiencing is scrolling through the bottom tabs, the initial sense startup, starting and exiting programs - but mostly the animated weather on the home screen is very slow. With clouds moving by and the clock flipping to the next minute, it's extremely choppy. I know 2.5 requires some "warming" up to work best, but no luck.

I also found that the footprints tab is not working. I get an .exe error when I push the footprint icon - sorry, I would check and explain in more detail as to what the error was but I'm already in the process of re-installing megapinky's cab.

I also have never had sense 2.5 completely freeze on me until now - as well as having the lock screen freeze up (slid to left or right and it would not unlock)... had to soft reset in both instances.

All of the above I experienced prior to installing any programs.

Oh well - thanks again for the efforts... sounds as though the unlock is right around the corner.

By any chance - are you able to provide a cab or the files needed to install the reader tab? This was really a nice extra and I hate to lose it.
I'm sorry to hear that it's not working out for you and unfortunately, I was not able to get the reader cab to work on megapinky's version of 2012. As far as footprints, that is a known error. I couldn't get it to work right so I disabled it and removed most of its files so it is definitely not gonna work now. If you had footprints tab enabled, it would have definitely slowed Sense down as it would be trying to find the missing files and run footprints in the background.

Other: Sense 2.5.2019 in a Cab
Old 02-20-2010, 02:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

gilbenl is becoming a great contributor

Here's the story...Got a replacement phone (IE fresh start) yesterday. First thing I did was to flash the new rom, immediately followed by the sense 2.5 install. After this, I set up my exchange account etc, and everything was working great (albeit unusually laggy). The problems began when I installed a slew of cabs from this page:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=110968

As I was in a hurry to get back up and running, I made the faux pas of installing a bunch of visual tweaks(tweaks from the list above although nothing that should conflict like having 2 sliders). Although they all worked, I soon found that the Nixie Clock cab wasn't working properly, so I removed it. No clock at all now, just white "cards" that flipped. Nevertheless, everything else seemed to work. The collapse came when I uninstalled the stealth slider, and found that I no longer had a slider, and the screen was obscured by the black background one sees behind the transition images, with the word "Title" right in the middle. This would not go away, so I ended up just doing a hard reset and returning the device to the new rom's stock config.

As you can see, it was a major PIA. That being said, I loved Sense 2.5 while it worked. My question is this: Should I re-install it sans tweaks following a fresh hard-reset, can I expect a fully working UI, or is this still a WIP? I noticed it says no known bugs, but the extreme lag of the UI was substantial enough so that if it was not temporary, I wouldn't use it. What has been everyone's experience? Anyone else notice this lag, and if so, was it short-lived? Thanks for all the hard work it took to bring this to the imagio, and in advance for y'alls input!
Old 02-20-2010, 02:19 PM
Threadstarter

jmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilbenl View Post
Here's the story...Got a replacement phone (IE fresh start) yesterday. First thing I did was to flash the new rom, immediately followed by the sense 2.5 install. After this, I set up my exchange account etc, and everything was working great (albeit unusually laggy). The problems began when I installed a slew of cabs from this page:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=110968

As I was in a hurry to get back up and running, I made the faux pas of installing a bunch of visual tweaks(tweaks from the list above although nothing that should conflict like having 2 sliders). Although they all worked, I soon found that the Nixie Clock cab wasn't working properly, so I removed it. No clock at all now, just white "cards" that flipped. Nevertheless, everything else seemed to work. The collapse came when I uninstalled the stealth slider, and found that I no longer had a slider, and the screen was obscured by the black background one sees behind the transition images, with the word "Title" right in the middle. This would not go away, so I ended up just doing a hard reset and returning the device to the new rom's stock config.

As you can see, it was a major PIA. That being said, I loved Sense 2.5 while it worked. My question is this: Should I re-install it sans tweaks following a fresh hard-reset, can I expect a fully working UI, or is this still a WIP? I noticed it says no known bugs, but the extreme lag of the UI was substantial enough so that if it was not temporary, I wouldn't use it. What has been everyone's experience? Anyone else notice this lag, and if so, was it short-lived? Thanks for all the hard work it took to bring this to the imagio, and in advance for y'alls input!
Right now Sense 2.5 is only an addon and not part of the rom, this means when you install a visual tweak, it overwrites the original 2.5 files and when you remove it, the files get removed. That is why you have a white clock and no slider. Once it is cooked in, this will no longer be an issue.
Old 02-20-2010, 02:35 PM
WHERES THE BOTTLES!!
Pocket PC: hTC hD2
Carrier: tMOBILE

maxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Ive answered this numerous times
like Jmart said we are using 2.5 cab not 2.5 rom so in essence if you install any mod and then uninstall it will look discombobulated
what u need to do is install something in the same nature to put the files back on
ex; uninstall a clock install a clock
uninstall a slider install a slider
uninstall clock backrounds install another clock with backrounds

ect ect ect
please understand we are just testing this to kill time while we wait for the rom version then all this would not be necessary

Last edited by maxtcee; 02-20-2010 at 02:38 PM.
Old 02-20-2010, 03:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

gilbenl is becoming a great contributor

Thanks for your answer maxtcee. I apologize for asking something that has been answered, but this thread is 75 pgs long and while I've skimmed most of it, there's no way to search based on such a long question. In any case, I understand the issue with the eye-for-an-eye style of tweaking. Aside from that issue though, is the overall operation and functionality up to par or is it like anything that's a work-around and performance etc is not quite what it would be in the "full" version?
Old 02-20-2010, 04:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio

sp3edd0g is becoming a great contributor

So I gave up and got the 2012.cab into my phone. It takes a while to build up and settle in, but it seems to be the most stable. Only gripe I have is that I tend to text a lot so obviously, the messaging is pretty slow. Any workaround as of yet?

Otherwise, I may just head back to 2.1 until a cooked rom comes out, which should be pretty soon
Old 02-20-2010, 04:20 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp3edd0g View Post
So I gave up and got the 2012.cab into my phone. It takes a while to build up and settle in, but it seems to be the most stable. Only gripe I have is that I tend to text a lot so obviously, the messaging is pretty slow. Any workaround as of yet?

Otherwise, I may just head back to 2.1 until a cooked rom comes out, which should be pretty soon
Here is a cab to disable the HTC messaging client. However, you will need to reply to a message by using the right soft key "menu" instead of clicking the message to reply.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Zenyee Disable HTC Messaging 1.2.CAB (21.7 KB, 7 views) Click for barcode!
Old 02-20-2010, 04:39 PM
WHERES THE BOTTLES!!
Pocket PC: hTC hD2
Carrier: tMOBILE

maxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributions

i dont know Jmart what do you find more stable 2011 or 2012 besides the messaging ?
overall
Old 02-20-2010, 05:03 PM
mhrc4

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I am still running the latest version of 2011 and although the messaging is a little laggy, i dont think its a dealbreaker to use the cab...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio