View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 02:13 PM
gilbenl
PPCGeeks Regular

gilbenl is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Manila Sense 2.1 / 2.5 *Updated Feb 19, 2010*

Here's the story...Got a replacement phone (IE fresh start) yesterday. First thing I did was to flash the new rom, immediately followed by the sense 2.5 install. After this, I set up my exchange account etc, and everything was working great (albeit unusually laggy). The problems began when I installed a slew of cabs from this page:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=110968

As I was in a hurry to get back up and running, I made the faux pas of installing a bunch of visual tweaks(tweaks from the list above although nothing that should conflict like having 2 sliders). Although they all worked, I soon found that the Nixie Clock cab wasn't working properly, so I removed it. No clock at all now, just white "cards" that flipped. Nevertheless, everything else seemed to work. The collapse came when I uninstalled the stealth slider, and found that I no longer had a slider, and the screen was obscured by the black background one sees behind the transition images, with the word "Title" right in the middle. This would not go away, so I ended up just doing a hard reset and returning the device to the new rom's stock config.

As you can see, it was a major PIA. That being said, I loved Sense 2.5 while it worked. My question is this: Should I re-install it sans tweaks following a fresh hard-reset, can I expect a fully working UI, or is this still a WIP? I noticed it says no known bugs, but the extreme lag of the UI was substantial enough so that if it was not temporary, I wouldn't use it. What has been everyone's experience? Anyone else notice this lag, and if so, was it short-lived? Thanks for all the hard work it took to bring this to the imagio, and in advance for y'alls input!