PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2010, 11:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Vibrant galaxy s
Carrier: T-Mobile

argentinito is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (XV6975 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart518
Quote:
Originally Posted by argentinito View Post
Wirelessly posted (XV6975 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

im havin problems.. i just install the latest 2012 but i cant receieve mms.. what im doing wrong? should i install the fix cab for mms on the 2011???
That fix will not affect this cab at all. Are you getting any errors? Or does nothing happen? I am using the same cab and can send and receive mms. Try to send one to yourself and see what happens.
i ask my brother n then sister te send me a pic n nothing happens .. i will send one to myself .. b back in a bit
Old 02-22-2010, 11:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

djp952 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Manila Sense 2.1 / 2.5 *Updated Feb 22, 2010*

Using the CFC version of 2.5.2012, MMS worked great out of the box for me. Can both send and receive without tweaking anything at all.

I hard-reset (re-flash, actually) before installing the new Sense UI and don't do any kind of setup on the device first. Maybe that will help?
Old 02-22-2010, 11:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Vibrant galaxy s
Carrier: T-Mobile

argentinito is becoming a great contributor
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50301; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

ok i can send mms but cant receive them .. well the only thing i install was a cab that make a four shortcut instead of 3 but i dont thing that effect mms
Old 02-23-2010, 12:01 AM
mhrc4

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

its funny, i had forgotten how fast the Imagio was after a hard reset. LOL Just did one to put the new 2012 cab on it, started using it for 5 minutes, damn thing is snappy!

Here is to hoping 2012 will run this fast.

Last edited by mhrc4; 02-23-2010 at 12:26 AM.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio

satsun is just getting started
Re: Manila Sense 2.1 / 2.5 *Updated Feb 19, 2010*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart518 View Post
First post updated with a new version of 2.5 2012. This time it has been CFC compressed, so it is smaller and runs faster. All the fixes are included, the messaging has a "band-aid" on it for now (uses WM instead of HTC and it is much faster). Now there is only three cabs to install! Please give feedback.

-Steps for Sense 2.5 2012 Installation (INSTALL ALL TO DEVICE MEMORY):
1. Install .net 3.5
2. Install SDKCerts
3. Disable Auto Phone Shutoff:
-If on battery power: Settings\System\Power\Advanced and uncheck Turn off device if not used for
-If on external power: Settings\System\Power\Advanced and uncheck Turn off device if not used for
4. Disable TF3D 2.0 (Go to Start/Settings/Today/Items and uncheck HTC Sense or TF3D)
5. Soft Reset

6. Install Sense 2.5 2012 CFC (CFC Compressed and includes all fixes. Once settled in, it runs very well! It also includes some new tabs and many tweaks/goodies! Plus, the multimedia key is now mapped to rotate the screen)
7. Soft Reset

8. Once everything is loaded and stable:
Enable Auto Phone Shutoff:
-If on battery power: Settings\System\Power\Advanced and check Turn off device if not used for
-If on external power: Settings\System\Power\Advanced and check Turn off device if not used for

Few things i found.. and i'm going off of a hard reset and ONLY the new sense install:
  1. Multimedia key works to auto-rotate but on the home screen to start when u click the slider button and slide... it has half of the tab name on top of the clock and half over the clock (meaning off screen)
  2. Half of thsi slider pop up on the right side has a partially transparent background (looks like an issue)
  3. go into people on slider and half of the screen is populated to add favorite the other half is not
  4. text messaging doesnt fit the screen etc......
  5. i click on settings and now i have to go to menu then all settings (ON THE SETTINGS PAGE) instead of just clicking all settings on the left side of the menu
Overall i think the landscape view is cool for ALL screens but it seems this needs a fix as all items are showing up on half screen.

Oh and whatever happened to my text message and email message preview, before on stock i used to get a little preview when a text message or email came thru, now i dont. Is this a setting or not part of the new rom?

PPS>> thanks for the info on the book but WAR and PEACE lol or the other 10 books???? u cant be serious haha

Last edited by satsun; 02-23-2010 at 01:23 AM.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

ok i just clicked back from landscape mode and now the slider usually show's the icon names in the middle of the screen with title(while sliding) gives me the icon on the top right, and name is centered while sliding... weird!!

UPDATE>>>>> ok after a soft reset the icon's preview in the middle of the screen while sliding show back up in the middle, so it looks like when you press the multimedia key the new remapping adversly effects the slider icon placement .... Does this seem right? anyone else haivng this? again i'm running base rom with 2.5 update, no other additions

Last edited by satsun; 02-23-2010 at 12:42 AM.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:45 AM
Lurker

mtglo is just getting started

This newest 2012 cab works great!

Jmart518 - HUGE improvement over the previous 2012 cab that was posted. This version runs fast and smooth.

The home page weather animation works flawlessly.

My programs open and close equally fast and smooth.

Initial start up and scrolling through the bottom tabs work very quickly (small amount of "warm up" time).

This cab takes about 40% of the time all previous cabs take to install. (around only 15-20 minutes)

Reader tab works perfect. IMHO - the books are great. To those that have problems with the big words in War and Peace - experience a little culture.

Unfortunately Opera 10 - any version in my testing, just does not want to work with our 2.5 cabs. The browser works great when opened, but slows or freezes sense when closed. Stuck with PIE (for fastest) or Skyfire for now.

So far - 100% Jmart. GREAT job on this new cab - looking forward to the unlock, but for the interim, this works perfect.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-23-2010, 02:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtglo View Post

Reader tab works perfect. IMHO - the books are great. To those that have problems with the big words in War and Peace - experience a little culture.
MTGLO....

Sometimes its better to keep your mouth shut especially when your not being talked to.... That was a passing joke as in those books are pretty old, classic and one of the best i might incurr... but i guess people with a small brain tend to miss the obvious.. and for culture i'd recommend you use ur brain a little and travel instead of sitting in a forum insulting people and feeding your own ego!

LOL i ROCK (in ur face sucka!!!!)
Old 02-23-2010, 02:14 AM
Cookin' Project: Teya
Pocket PC: Omnia i910, HTC Imagio, Now Gnex
Carrier: Big Red
Threadstarter

jmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by satsun View Post
ok i just clicked back from landscape mode and now the slider usually show's the icon names in the middle of the screen with title(while sliding) gives me the icon on the top right, and name is centered while sliding... weird!!

UPDATE>>>>> ok after a soft reset the icon's preview in the middle of the screen while sliding show back up in the middle, so it looks like when you press the multimedia key the new remapping adversly effects the slider icon placement .... Does this seem right? anyone else haivng this? again i'm running base rom with 2.5 update, no other additions
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtglo View Post

Jmart518 - HUGE improvement over the previous 2012 cab that was posted. This version runs fast and smooth.

The home page weather animation works flawlessly.

My programs open and close equally fast and smooth.

Initial start up and scrolling through the bottom tabs work very quickly (small amount of "warm up" time).

This cab takes about 40% of the time all previous cabs take to install. (around only 15-20 minutes)

Unfortunately Opera 10 - any version in my testing, just does not want to work with our 2.5 cabs. The browser works great when opened, but slows or freezes sense when closed. Stuck with PIE (for fastest) or Skyfire for now.

So far - 100% Jmart. GREAT job on this new cab - looking forward to the unlock, but for the interim, this works perfect.

Thanks for the feed back guys, it is still a work in progress, but I feel it is getting really close. This has definitely kept me occupied during this hspl wait!

I have figured out the landscape bug and have attached a cab (I will also put it on the first post and repair the main cab for future downloads).

I intentionally left out the WM Settings in the start menu, this way we didn't have duplicate settings icons. Little things like that drive me nuts! Here is the cab to enable the All Settings in the start menu

Just install to device memory and soft reset.
Attached Files
File Type: cab 2012 Landscape Fix.cab (1.0 KB, 16 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab 2012 Start Settings.cab (1.1 KB, 11 views) Click for barcode!

Other: Sense 2.5.2019 in a Cab

Last edited by jmart518; 02-23-2010 at 02:17 AM.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart518 View Post
Thanks for the feed back guys, it is still a work in progress, but I feel it is getting really close. This has definitely kept me occupied during this hspl wait!

I have figured out the landscape bug and have attached a cab (I will also put it on the first post and repair the main cab for future downloads).

I intentionally left out the WM Settings in the start menu, this way we didn't have duplicate settings icons. Little things like that drive me nuts! Here is the cab to enable the All Settings in the start menu

Just install to device memory and soft reset.
Hey i tried using microsoft my phone and it keeps failing and says i dont have an internet connection, i turned the data connection on from settings to no avail.

UPDATE>>> it seems for some reason it is getting to the server to verify my credentials but gets stuck after that... i went to update microsoft my fone from marketplace and still no go, i think the infomration is saved in the registry as i saw details for the error pop up after re-installing....

As well the wifi section in communications is grayed out......

i'll add the fixes u just sent and get back to you......

UPDATE>>>>Jmart looks like the first screen in landscape mode (HOME) is working but the rest of the screens are off center or cut off, stearing more toward the left side of the screen

oh yea and what's gIModeSwitch? it's under start accessories and the only thing in there?

Last edited by satsun; 02-23-2010 at 05:26 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio