View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 02:19 PM
jmart518
Cookin' Project: Teya
Threadstarter

jmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Manila Sense 2.1 / 2.5 *Updated Feb 19, 2010*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilbenl View Post
Here's the story...Got a replacement phone (IE fresh start) yesterday. First thing I did was to flash the new rom, immediately followed by the sense 2.5 install. After this, I set up my exchange account etc, and everything was working great (albeit unusually laggy). The problems began when I installed a slew of cabs from this page:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=110968

As I was in a hurry to get back up and running, I made the faux pas of installing a bunch of visual tweaks(tweaks from the list above although nothing that should conflict like having 2 sliders). Although they all worked, I soon found that the Nixie Clock cab wasn't working properly, so I removed it. No clock at all now, just white "cards" that flipped. Nevertheless, everything else seemed to work. The collapse came when I uninstalled the stealth slider, and found that I no longer had a slider, and the screen was obscured by the black background one sees behind the transition images, with the word "Title" right in the middle. This would not go away, so I ended up just doing a hard reset and returning the device to the new rom's stock config.

As you can see, it was a major PIA. That being said, I loved Sense 2.5 while it worked. My question is this: Should I re-install it sans tweaks following a fresh hard-reset, can I expect a fully working UI, or is this still a WIP? I noticed it says no known bugs, but the extreme lag of the UI was substantial enough so that if it was not temporary, I wouldn't use it. What has been everyone's experience? Anyone else notice this lag, and if so, was it short-lived? Thanks for all the hard work it took to bring this to the imagio, and in advance for y'alls input!
Right now Sense 2.5 is only an addon and not part of the rom, this means when you install a visual tweak, it overwrites the original 2.5 files and when you remove it, the files get removed. That is why you have a white clock and no slider. Once it is cooked in, this will no longer be an issue.

Other: Sense 2.5.2019 in a Cab