View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 01:39 PM
mtglo
Lurker

mtglo is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Manila Sense 2.1 / 2.5 *Updated Feb 19, 2010*

First off - Jmart518, thanks for all your time and efforts with 2.5. It is very much appreciated!!

Unfortunately, this most recent 2.5 2012.1225 runs slow on my Imagio. I've tried every update since the original 2.5 appeared on this forum, and so far I have to say megapinky's 2012 cab on page 63 is the smoothest, fastest and most stable (aside from slow messaging).

It is unfortunate, because the tweaks and add-ons to this version are really nice. The reader and recent document tabs are a huge plus!! The screen rotation assigned to the media key, the left soft key now being "lock" - works great.

The slow down I've noticed and am experiencing is scrolling through the bottom tabs, the initial sense startup, starting and exiting programs - but mostly the animated weather on the home screen is very slow. With clouds moving by and the clock flipping to the next minute, it's extremely choppy. I know 2.5 requires some "warming" up to work best, but no luck.

I also found that the footprints tab is not working. I get an .exe error when I push the footprint icon - sorry, I would check and explain in more detail as to what the error was but I'm already in the process of re-installing megapinky's cab.

I also have never had sense 2.5 completely freeze on me until now - as well as having the lock screen freeze up (slid to left or right and it would not unlock)... had to soft reset in both instances.

All of the above I experienced prior to installing any programs.

Oh well - thanks again for the efforts... sounds as though the unlock is right around the corner.

By any chance - are you able to provide a cab or the files needed to install the reader tab? This was really a nice extra and I hate to lose it.