PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2010, 09:12 AM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!
Carrier: Sprint

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Evo 4G - TERRIBLE BATTERY LIFE! HELP PLEASE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extranormal View Post
@ericmcintire - Yes, those numbers are the same.

@gator352 - Thanks man! That helped a lot, definitely removing ATK then. Other than that, I had done everything that you stated prior to this topic.

@hooover - Woah, that's amazing! I'm coming straight from the iPhone, and I'm an iPhone expert on jailbreaking; etc. I'm just really afraid that rooting my Evo will brick it. So is it definitely worth it to root it? I mean, that battery life is AMAZING!

Also, if someone could provide a link on rooting an evo running stock 2.2, that'd be really helpful.

Thanks again everyone
Welcome man! I figured you might have done those things but you might have over looked one. Hope you get it worked out soon!
Old 08-30-2010, 10:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc Evo4G
Carrier: sprint

arsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Another thing that helps is the phone will quit charging while plugged in and when you take it off it reads full then in a couple of minutes it drops off. So unplugg then plug right back in. I unplug my phone when I get then plug back in to shower it will usually be green again by the time I get ready to leave. Then you don't get that sudden 10 percent drop off.
Old 08-30-2010, 02:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Threadstarter

Extranormal is a n00b

Haha I do the same^
Old 08-30-2010, 03:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

ericmcintire is becoming a great contributor

You guys... seriously, these "battery saving tricks" aren't going to do it for him. He just confirmed that his phone isn't sleeping when it's being shut off. This happens to some new phones, it happened to mine, there are a ton of topics about this. The ONLY way to fix it is a hard reset. When you hit the button on the top of the phone, after a few seconds your phone should sleep. Yours isn't. Hard reset, verify that the up time and awake time are different (MUCH different) and boom, your phone is fixed.. You don't need to do any tricks, just get this issue resolved.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP, TP2, EVO 4G

Biofall is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericmcintire View Post
You guys... seriously, these "battery saving tricks" aren't going to do it for him. He just confirmed that his phone isn't sleeping when it's being shut off. This happens to some new phones, it happened to mine, there are a ton of topics about this. The ONLY way to fix it is a hard reset. When you hit the button on the top of the phone, after a few seconds your phone should sleep. Yours isn't. Hard reset, verify that the up time and awake time are different (MUCH different) and boom, your phone is fixed.. You don't need to do any tricks, just get this issue resolved.
This is my first post back since I was banned.. Yay! Anyway, no the only way to fix it is not a hard reset. Don't tell him that because it's not true. I'm not going to read every post in here, but I'll tell you that if you download system panel and end individual tasks, eventually you will see what is causing the problem. It is ALWAYS an app. If reboots don't fix it, then the app is starting up with your phone, so download startup manager or something, tell everything non-stock and non-system to not start up, THEN reboot. Then when you notice it isn't sleeping, slow kill off apps with system panel. This will fix it without hard reset
The Kernel.... HTC Supersecret Supersonic 3.28.651.1 - unreleased OTA (thanks flipzmod!)
Old 08-30-2010, 07:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biofall View Post
This is my first post back since I was banned.. Yay! Anyway, no the only way to fix it is not a hard reset. Don't tell him that because it's not true. I'm not going to read every post in here, but I'll tell you that if you download system panel and end individual tasks, eventually you will see what is causing the problem. It is ALWAYS an app. If reboots don't fix it, then the app is starting up with your phone, so download startup manager or something, tell everything non-stock and non-system to not start up, THEN reboot. Then when you notice it isn't sleeping, slow kill off apps with system panel. This will fix it without hard reset
I disagree.. I'm telling you I had the exact same problem right out of the box, I closed every application, tried using autostarts to restrict things from starting, nothing helped. There was simply something wrong with my phone, a hard reset fixed it. This has affected other users as well.. I can PROMISE a hard reset (not really a big deal, back your stuff up, hard reset and restore) will fix the issue.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:53 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Extranormal is a n00b

Ahh, I see. Thanks a lot eric Yeah, I think you know what I'm dealing with best.. I've tried what the other user stated above, didn't work. But I got 8 hours of battery life today, and it drains 5% an hour with occassional texting, and with Wi-Fi off.. so I guess it's fixed? Is that normal? (I'd say about 30 texts per hour)
Old 08-31-2010, 03:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extranormal View Post
Ahh, I see. Thanks a lot eric Yeah, I think you know what I'm dealing with best.. I've tried what the other user stated above, didn't work. But I got 8 hours of battery life today, and it drains 5% an hour with occassional texting, and with Wi-Fi off.. so I guess it's fixed? Is that normal? (I'd say about 30 texts per hour)
Damn hommie, 30 texts an hour is occasional?! haha.... Best way to check is to leave it unplugged overnight, it shouldn't drain more than 10%. I'd say 8 hours of texting is about right. Wi-Fi on can actually help your battery if you're in an area with bad 3G service. Being connected to a router via WiFi will use less battery than looking for 3G service and downloading your stuff slowly. Let me know if you're up time and awake time are now different.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:35 AM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericmcintire View Post
Damn hommie, 30 texts an hour is occasional?! haha.... Best way to check is to leave it unplugged overnight, it shouldn't drain more than 10%. I'd say 8 hours of texting is about right. Wi-Fi on can actually help your battery if you're in an area with bad 3G service. Being connected to a router via WiFi will use less battery than looking for 3G service and downloading your stuff slowly. Let me know if you're up time and awake time are now different.
I have perfect reception and 3g and 4g take up about twice the battery as WiFi. I can leave my phone on all day with sync blah blah and I will only use half the battery. 3g I barely last the day and 4g half the day.

Sent from my fast as hell phone that you can only wish you had
Old 08-31-2010, 08:36 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Extranormal is a n00b

Haha sorry I text a lot xD and yeah my up time in awake time is different. What does mean?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G