PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2010, 08:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Will7272 is keeping up the good workWill7272 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Will7272 Send a message via MSN to Will7272 Send a message via Yahoo to Will7272 Send a message via Skype™ to Will7272
Re: HTC Evo 4G - TERRIBLE BATTERY LIFE! HELP PLEASE!

I got pretty pissed off about apps randomly starting up and draining my battery. One of the mods, Rainfreak, posted a response to my thread. I followed his instructions and currently can thoroughly enjoy my Evo all day long without being worried about draining my battery...while being a moderate to heavy user.

Quote:
1. Root (full with NAND unlocked).
2. Install a custom ROM (or not, this one is optional).
3. Install autokiller (free in Market but REQUIRES root) and choose the preset Agressive or Extreme.
4. Buy and install SetCPU from the Market (REQUIRES root) and create a new profile for screen off = 246 MHz).

Then sit back and enjoy your EVO with moderate to heavy usage for 24+ hours on a single charge. I have done all this (and run the latest Fresh ROM) and I love my EVO.
The entire thread is http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=130825&page=2

Rainfreak even posted screenshots to show you how to set it up. Follow his instruction and you will be a very happy Evo owner.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint EVRP

kevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kevmo1965

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Boo View Post
I think the OP will need a few more batteries than that.

Old 09-07-2010, 08:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: na
Carrier: sprint

dacoz21 is just getting started

I have installed juice defender along with ultimate juice. I am interested in installing setcpu but I am not sure about the settings. Does anyone know where I can get a tutorial on what settings I should set?

Dacoz
Old 09-08-2010, 04:11 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

HTC should pay attention to this and integrate it into the next OTA. The battery limitations stary is making its way out to the retail market and is costing them sales. I have heard from people who have avoided the EVO due to battery life stories, alone.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint PCS

toddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stuff

First, you should not let your battery completely die, that will have an adverse affect on your battery.

Secondly, it takes 3-4 or 4-5 charges and discharges to about 20% before your battery will be broken in.

There are a ton of Battery guide solutions that will help you out. The first of which is turning off the automatic sign in of Google Talk.

Lastly, get rid of ATK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extranormal View Post
Hey, guys. I'm new to the forum here. I finally got my hands on a new HTC EVO, which I purchased yesterday. I let it die completely, and re-charged it twice, in other words, two cycles. I downloaded Spare Parts, Advanced Task Killer, etc. At best, I got 3 hours and 30 minutes! It's RIDICULOUS! Everything in my accounts+Sync is disabled, gps, bluetooth, and 4G are all disabled. Animations are off, I manually run ATK every 15 minutes. Screen brightness is at 50% - MAXIMUM. I was able to get 3 hours and 30 minutes, only because I turned off MOBILE INTERNET, and was only texting.. I used it for about 10 minutes on 3G to surf the web/check facebook notifications, which made it fall to 95%. Then, I ran ATK, and killed everything in the background except for text plus, and lowered screen brightness to 35%. I then locked the phone, and went to got take a 15 minute shower. When I came back, it was down to 85% - it was almost completely idle, and the only thing turned on was 3G. It's extremely disappointing. I'd be very happy to get 8-10 hours on this, and letting 3G run in the background. I used a dark wallpaper (non-live.) Basically, android system was 45%, the total idle thing was around 35%, and textplus, ebuddy, and some other little apps filled in the small 20%. The battery app said I had 16 hours remaining, and kept decreasing rapidly.. PLEASE HELP ME! Do I have a defect evo, or is the battery really that bad?! It's the same thing with my other evo that my brother has!

Thanks!
-Extranormal

Hitting Thanks (to the right) helps build reputation. Hit it, if I did it!
Old 09-08-2010, 10:54 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

tj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm goin on 1day 1hr 45 minutes on a single charge & still have 30% battery light to medium useage
Using Fresh ROM 3.2 & stock kernal
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snap20100908_132648.jpg (6.8 KB, 3 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by tj.iscool; 09-08-2010 at 02:33 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G