View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 07:09 PM
Biofall
Regular 'Geeker

Biofall is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Evo 4G - TERRIBLE BATTERY LIFE! HELP PLEASE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericmcintire View Post
You guys... seriously, these "battery saving tricks" aren't going to do it for him. He just confirmed that his phone isn't sleeping when it's being shut off. This happens to some new phones, it happened to mine, there are a ton of topics about this. The ONLY way to fix it is a hard reset. When you hit the button on the top of the phone, after a few seconds your phone should sleep. Yours isn't. Hard reset, verify that the up time and awake time are different (MUCH different) and boom, your phone is fixed.. You don't need to do any tricks, just get this issue resolved.
This is my first post back since I was banned.. Yay! Anyway, no the only way to fix it is not a hard reset. Don't tell him that because it's not true. I'm not going to read every post in here, but I'll tell you that if you download system panel and end individual tasks, eventually you will see what is causing the problem. It is ALWAYS an app. If reboots don't fix it, then the app is starting up with your phone, so download startup manager or something, tell everything non-stock and non-system to not start up, THEN reboot. Then when you notice it isn't sleeping, slow kill off apps with system panel. This will fix it without hard reset
The Kernel.... HTC Supersecret Supersonic 3.28.651.1 - unreleased OTA (thanks flipzmod!)