PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2010, 10:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE
Carrier: Sprint

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313
Re: How Best Buy screwed me Over with my Evo.

This is why I hate BBM. I worked there for a week and a half before I started at Sprint. I couldn't stand it. Employees who didn't know anything, horrible pay, horrible "commission" hell I had my manager asking ME questions. So unorganized.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:02 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biofall View Post
I'm sure many of you all here have read some of my posts before, so try to bear with me and tell me how ridiculous this seems, as I am in shock still. It's a pretty hefty read, but I think the reader would agree this is outrageous.

It all started at my local Best Buy location. So about 9 days before the EVO came out, I called up the store, and asked if I came in the next day, would I still be able to preorder my Evo no problem. She said yes, so I drove up and tried to preorder it, but I was told by a certain employee (let's call him employee X), that I wouldn't be able to get it on launch day, despite my phone call. I was upset, but there was nothing I could do. Come the June 11th, I was called up to pick up the second wave Evo. Along with 5 other customers in the Best Buy, I eagerly purchased the Evo and began the activation process, when Mr. X interjected. He declared that they couldn't switch the ESN from the old phone to the Evo, and sent myself and the others over to the Sprint location across the street. When I arrived at that location, the employees were furious. Apparently the Best Buy Mobile workers were fully able to, and just sent people over to the Sprint store all the time. So I waited for an hour or two at the busy location to activate my phone.

After a couple of weeks, on July 3rd (fully within the thirty day period) I went back up to Best Buy to request an exchange for a new device, because mine was experiencing the screen lifting issue, along with sd card issues. A Best Buy Mobile worker who wasn't Mr. X gladly issued me a rain check and took down my contact information, because although they didn't have any units to replace it with, they would call me when they did.

Today on the 23, (20 days later) I recieved a call to come pick up my new Evo. I arrived at the store, and Mr. X began the process on his computer to prepare for the activation. I handed him my phone, and then after a couple of minutes, he handed it back to me. "I can't do this, because it's not within the thirty day period." Needless to say, I was slightly stunned. I said "No, I have this rain check, because I came in during the thirty day period, and you were out." He proceeded to tell me that the rain check was just for pricing.. I adamantly stated that I specifically came in during the period, and that the date was on the rain check. He didn't care, and said that he wouldn't or couldn't do it. He said we would have to get it exchanged through Sprint. I was mad but I went right to Sprint. They couldn't believe my story, but they were only able to give me a refurbished unit due to the fact it wasn't in the thirty days, and that I bought it at Best Buy. He said he knew the managers over there, and to go ask for manager "Y". We went back and requested this manager, who asked what the problem was. We explained, and he went over to Mr. X and they talked amongst themselves for near ten minutes. When he came back, he said that it was a rain check, so there was nothing he could do. Completely stunned, I implored as to what I could have done. I was told that whoever gave me the rain check shouldn't have done that. They should have taken me down for a replacement, but they didn't, so it was now too late. I named the person who gave the rain check to me, and they went off again. When they came back they said he didn't recall me ever mentioning the problem.. So I they just apologized. I was very frustrated by this point, and stated that it was ridiculous that I suffered from another employee's error, and they threatened to have me removed from the store. So we left, and after calling Sprint (who has referred me to email a higher-up) we went and ordered a replacement refurbished Evo..

Thanks for your time.

Heres the problem with what happened...You had issues within your 30 days...you went to Best Buy to get a replacement (New) unit..which is what your supposed to get within the 30 days, after that refurbished. They are full of crap on the raincheck...and the reason why...Sprint nor Best Buy will change the price on the phone...to this day the phone is still the same price as it was on launch day....so what they should have done was notate your Sprint account that you had a defective phone....you brought it in to get a replacement and that they were out of stock....and to also put on your account that they will honor the new phone replacement even if its after the 30 days. This is where alot of companys just don't give a crap...I actually have them show me that they inputed it in the notes...once they do...the next person to see it has to honor what it says in the notes...

This way I don't get screwed out of a phone...down the road this isn't going to be a problem since the phones will be in stock constantly...but for right now they have to honor and understand what to do because of stock issues.

Im sorry you had to go through that....it may be cheaper to go through best buy....but 90% of them don't know what the hell they are talking about.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 3G?

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
Heres the problem with what happened...You had issues within your 30 days...you went to Best Buy to get a replacement (New) unit..which is what your supposed to get within the 30 days, after that refurbished. They are full of crap on the raincheck...and the reason why...Sprint nor Best Buy will change the price on the phone...to this day the phone is still the same price as it was on launch day....so what they should have done was notate your Sprint account that you had a defective phone....you brought it in to get a replacement and that they were out of stock....and to also put on your account that they will honor the new phone replacement even if its after the 30 days. This is where alot of companys just don't give a crap...I actually have them show me that they inputed it in the notes...once they do...the next person to see it has to honor what it says in the notes...

This way I don't get screwed out of a phone...down the road this isn't going to be a problem since the phones will be in stock constantly...but for right now they have to honor and understand what to do because of stock issues.

Im sorry you had to go through that....it may be cheaper to go through best buy....but 90% of them don't know what the hell they are talking about.
This is the problem..

Did you have to quote his whole post!
Old 07-26-2010, 12:36 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Call 1888bestbuy, ask to be transferred to customer relations, explain what happened.... they'll force the store to xch or at the very.least you'll get a gift card. Exceptions are done all the time, i can't believe they actually pulled this on you. If not, try another store. Usually managers try to fix the f* up situations from other stores.

Sent from my EVO

ROM: DamageControl 3.1.2
Radio: Stock +upgrade (for now)
Old 07-26-2010, 10:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

My suggestion is to take the "reconditioned" EVO asap, as you will be getting a new manufacturer issued replacement unit and not a real "refurbished" unit, since they still don't have stock on those -yet-
Old 07-26-2010, 10:53 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
My suggestion is to take the "reconditioned" EVO asap, as you will be getting a new manufacturer issued replacement unit and not a real "refurbished" unit, since they still don't have stock on those -yet-
Yes they do.

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

frazy is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to frazy

this is why i stopped working for bestbuy a long time ago. i was in the BBM department, and they always try to find ways to jack your money. but on a brighter note, i actually got my phone through bestbuy and it was quick and easy process. so i'm sorry that you unfortunately got the shit end of the stick, but DEFINITELY talk to district/corp. people, and they should be able to provide a solution. there is no reason why your issue can't be solved because you are within the 30 day period.
Old 07-26-2010, 02:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilk View Post
This is the problem..

Did you have to quote his whole post!
Your the problem for posting a retarded reply to what I said...I can voice my opinion and or what he should go do...
Old 07-26-2010, 03:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP, TP2, EVO 4G
Threadstarter

Biofall is becoming a great contributor

Haha wow.. I'm on the phone with Best Buy Customer Care.

Rep: I just explained to my supervisor and he says that it was a store screwup but you have to get a refurb through the manufacturer.. It's ok though.. Refurbs are good!

Me: Let me talk to that supervisor..

Told that dude my story, he was appalled, now transferring to coroporate care.

Will report

The Kernel.... HTC Supersecret Supersonic 3.28.651.1 - unreleased OTA (thanks flipzmod!)

Last edited by Biofall; 07-26-2010 at 03:48 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post
Yes they do.

CW

My "refurbished"; REC9292KI, was according to 2 manager buddies of mine a brand new phone only, issued from HTC as "refurbs" to have in stock as replacements for the initial roll out. They, at the time I got mine, did not have true "refurbished" units... YMMV

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G