PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2010, 12:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP, TP2, EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Biofall is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How Best Buy screwed me Over with my Evo...And How I Got A New One TODAY

To people who are returning and have already read all this: I successfully got a new white EVO today!! There was some arguing about my screen lifting and power button crack (the rep said those were non-existent problems and that I did it), but they finally freaking gave in! Yay! The only question now is whether or not I reroot, because of the talk of Froyo release..

I'm sure many of you all here have read some of my posts before, so try to bear with me and tell me how ridiculous this seems, as I am in shock still. It's a pretty hefty read, but I think the reader would agree this is outrageous.

It all started at my local Best Buy location. So about 9 days before the EVO came out, I called up the store, and asked if I came in the next day, would I still be able to preorder my Evo no problem. She said yes, so I drove up and tried to preorder it, but I was told by a certain employee (let's call him employee X), that I wouldn't be able to get it on launch day, despite my phone call. I was upset, but there was nothing I could do. Come the June 11th, I was called up to pick up the second wave Evo. Along with 5 other customers in the Best Buy, I eagerly purchased the Evo and began the activation process, when Mr. X interjected. He declared that they couldn't switch the ESN from the old phone to the Evo, and sent myself and the others over to the Sprint location across the street. When I arrived at that location, the employees were furious. Apparently the Best Buy Mobile workers were fully able to, and just sent people over to the Sprint store all the time. So I waited for an hour or two at the busy location to activate my phone.

After a couple of weeks, on July 3rd (fully within the thirty day period) I went back up to Best Buy to request an exchange for a new device, because mine was experiencing the screen lifting issue, along with sd card issues. A Best Buy Mobile worker who wasn't Mr. X gladly issued me a rain check and took down my contact information, because although they didn't have any units to replace it with, they would call me when they did.

Today on the 23, (20 days later) I recieved a call to come pick up my new Evo. I arrived at the store, and Mr. X began the process on his computer to prepare for the activation. I handed him my phone, and then after a couple of minutes, he handed it back to me. "I can't do this, because it's not within the thirty day period." Needless to say, I was slightly stunned. I said "No, I have this rain check, because I came in during the thirty day period, and you were out." He proceeded to tell me that the rain check was just for pricing.. I adamantly stated that I specifically came in during the period, and that the date was on the rain check. He didn't care, and said that he wouldn't or couldn't do it. He said we would have to get it exchanged through Sprint. I was mad but I went right to Sprint. They couldn't believe my story, but they were only able to give me a refurbished unit due to the fact it wasn't in the thirty days, and that I bought it at Best Buy. He said he knew the managers over there, and to go ask for manager "Y". We went back and requested this manager, who asked what the problem was. We explained, and he went over to Mr. X and they talked amongst themselves for near ten minutes. When he came back, he said that it was a rain check, so there was nothing he could do. Completely stunned, I implored as to what I could have done. I was told that whoever gave me the rain check shouldn't have done that. They should have taken me down for a replacement, but they didn't, so it was now too late. I named the person who gave the rain check to me, and they went off again. When they came back they said he didn't recall me ever mentioning the problem.. So I they just apologized. I was very frustrated by this point, and stated that it was ridiculous that I suffered from another employee's error, and they threatened to have me removed from the store. So we left, and after calling Sprint (who has referred me to email a higher-up) we went and ordered a replacement refurbished Evo..

Thanks for your time.

EDIT
Haha wow.. I'm on the phone with Best Buy Customer Care.
Rep: I just explained to my supervisor and he says that it was a store screwup but you have to get a refurb through the manufacturer.. It's ok though.. Refurbs are good!
Me: Let me talk to that supervisor..
Told that dude my story, he was appalled, now transferring to coroporate care.
Corporate called the location, and when I go tomorrow they will exchange. Persistence FTW!!!
Edit 2: As I got off the phone, the doorbell rang. My refurb came in that I ordered. I'll hold on to it until tomorrow, and hopefully I'll get a new phone at BB so I can send it back. It looks perfect, but they send it without a battery/sd card, and one of my original problems was with the sd card, and I want a new one.
The Kernel.... HTC Supersecret Supersonic 3.28.651.1 - unreleased OTA (thanks flipzmod!)

Last edited by Biofall; 07-29-2010 at 07:03 PM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo3D,Evo 4g,Rhodium,BBTour,Raphael,800W,Titan
Carrier: sprint 15 yrs

unsane is becoming a great contributor
Re: How Best Buy Screwed Me Over

The problem with all these monster stores is they don't give a crap about you......they will walk all over you and laugh with their coworkers as you leave the store rejected.......and there is virtually nothing you can do to fight back.......your only option is to find mr.x's automobile and force him to order a refurbished windshield... ....lol.......j/k......,sorry you got screwed man, i feel your pain back in the mogul days i got hosed like that too...,one day i had a brand new mogul, the next i had a refurbished palm 800w.......may not seem that bad now but back then it was like swaping your evo for a hero......once again sorrry man
Old 07-24-2010, 12:35 AM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

I had a similar experience years ago and that is why I wont buy my phones from them.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC r-EVO-lution

juancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good work

same crap happend to me but with Sprint telesales, i call them to report that my phone got same problem that your and she told me that they do not have EVO ables at this time the csr told me that she will be reporting my call and im supposed to keep checking at sprint.com when the evos arrived and they should be replaicing the bad one, i called this week and received same F....G answer my 30 days was expired and transfer my call to insurance of course i dennied to pay an extra 100 bucks for that and keep the bad one, the only thing that i can said is WHAT KIND OF MOTHER Fs THEY ARE STOLLEN MONEY
Old 07-24-2010, 12:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 32GB HTC EVO

510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to 510jungleboy

@biofall

The thing with big box company is that you have to play by their rules and not from what he/she said. Your mistake was to " wait " for the phone after the 30 days return period already, thinking that they will exchange. That just fall under a " noob " , so I can't blame you. Waiting on a raincheck after the return period is a no no in my book, especially with BB , as it's walking on thin ice at this point. I would just have returned it.

Side Note: I dislike best buy also, and when it comes to returns, I do it with just basic answer " I just don't like it "... keeping it simple. Even when doing price match, I don't bother. I just return it and buy it cheaper at the competitor. They ask 20 questions when you are trying to return items.

Regarding your refurbish unit, maybe you can call or e-mail e-care to try and get a new unit. Good luck....
Old 07-24-2010, 01:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 510jungleboy View Post
@biofall

The thing with big box company is that you have to play by their rules and not from what he/she said. Your mistake was to " wait " for the phone after the 30 days return period already, thinking that they will exchange. That just fall under a " noob " , so I can't blame you. Waiting on a raincheck after the return period is a no no in my book, especially with BB , as it's walking on thin ice at this point. I would just have returned it.

Side Note: I dislike best buy also, and when it comes to returns, I do it with just basic answer " I just don't like it "... keeping it simple. Even when doing price match, I don't bother. I just return it and buy it cheaper at the competitor. They ask 20 questions when you are trying to return items.

Regarding your refurbish unit, maybe you can call or e-mail e-care to try and get a new unit. Good luck....
Oh thanks for the luck-wishes :P
Actually though, I'm pretty experienced with the whole corporate bureaucratic nonsense.. It's just that I really had no other choice.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-24-2010, 01:16 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Its getting really bad I am going through the same issues with sprint. I pay the isurance for my phones to be worked on and I have a crack that doesnt require my phone to even be replaced but the refused to work on it I was like why the hell do I pay yall the $7 a month then... I have a complaint in with the Better business burrow which is what I would say you need to do also. Good luck!

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 07-24-2010, 01:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: My EVO punches your IPHONES

mebo73 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to mebo73
Re: How Best Buy screwed me Over with my Evo.

I would be the one removed from the store screaming. Im glad i have a good friend thats a manager at a BB and know if i had a problem he would take care of me. Sounds like the OP needs to contact store manager and if not corp and they would handle and make it up!!!

Old 07-24-2010, 02:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I did contact store manager.. He said the same thing. I am going to corporate next. I'm not going to settle on this.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-24-2010, 02:08 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch diamond
Carrier: sprint

brandonkill02 is a n00b

humm i had my evo for three days the inside screen underneath like the glass part just killed itself in my pocket i went back to bb because i had both bb insurance and sprint when i took it to sprint they told me all they could do is give me a refurb i felt i didnt need to have a refurb on a phone that just came out 3 days ago and so then went to bb they took my phone and switched me back to my diamond and said it would take about a week to come back a week goes by i call up and they then tell me it just got to the tech center and would take one more week that week goes by and i then go up there and the guy says my phone just got there again so i asked him why they would tell me that before he said he didnt know so i then wait a third week go in and they tell me its being worked on i then ask for the manager she then tells me that she can find out the progress she comes back with a list of things and tells me my phone is waiting on someones desk and hasnt even been looked at for the damage i then tell her how ridiculous it is that i sent my phone out to be fixed by them and was told it would take a week and got b.s.ed around and just got pissed the next thing u know she walks off with the person who sent it out to begin with and comes back says sorry for everything and tells me to have a seat then pulls out a brand new white evo ...so might have went through hell but it did turn out good for me after so much bs but i will tell u that if u go into bb and put there insurance on ur refurb then run it over and bring it in they will replace it instore if they have them ...but sucks what happened to u

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G