PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2010, 01:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Lecithin is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Store refuses to sell at full price

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drac View Post
before doing that check at radio shack.
Actually just had a much better and easier idea... price matching, just going to print out the radioshack and sprint pages to show the cheaper initial price and see if they will pricematch, I believe its a store policy - fingers crossed - I really don't want to do the ETF shuffle - Radioshack is out of stock like almost everybody around here I even tried the most out of the way one I could think of.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: SPRINT

wchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I paid full price from Sprint on the release date. But Radio Shack turned me aways bc the manager said they make more money on activations. I advised him the he would still make the commision on $450!
Old 06-24-2010, 01:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Dumbphone - Vogue - Touch Pro - Touch Pro 2 - Evo

Meanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lecithin View Post
I believe the store is a contract store, there seem to be very few corporate stores around where I live... Still seems crazy to me though, I do have my contract through this particular store so I will have to see if I can get that fixed... just cause I'm evil like that.

Yes Meanee I'm a diver. Tech-diver to be specific, I'm certified in Advanced Nitrox, Decompression Procedures and Heliotrox. Also recently was certified in Full Cave down in High Springs (by Jill Heinerth.) Currently awaiting delivery of a CCR so I can get on the loop
That is freakin impressive. I am still working on my AOW, so I am very new to all this. Did manage to snag Nitrox, Nav. Working in Deep and Wreck now.

As far as your plan to buy it at contract price and then cancel new line, moving EVO to old one, be careful with that. If you do it, Sprint will charge back Best Buy's commission. So your credit card may be charged or you will get a bill. I used to work for a 3rd party dealer before, and seen this happen.

I'd do as what post above me said, check out Radio Shack (it's $50 above MSRP), or try another Sprint store. You can raise all kinds of stink and call retentions, have them put a note on the account, etc, but that may take time, effort, and patience.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

jhale83 is just getting started

Quote:
Actually just had a much better and easier idea... price matching, just going to print out the radioshack and sprint pages to show the cheaper initial price and see if they will pricematch, I believe its a store policy - fingers crossed - I really don't want to do the ETF shuffle - Radioshack is out of stock like almost everybody around here I even tried the most out of the way one I could think of.
Best Buy told me they price match Sprint's prices...so if you can find one in stock there you should be able to get it for $449.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

tj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Has anyone else had a Sprint store refuse to sell them an EVO since they were buying it outright instead of with a contract? I am currently under contract but this particular store said they wouldn't sell me one at the full retail price... BS if you ask me, not sure if they are even allowed to do something like that.
order it from their site if its in stock u will get it in 1-2 days anyway
thats what I did on release date
Old 06-24-2010, 01:27 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Cleaned thread. Please stay on topic and discuss everything else via PM. Thanks!

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Dumbphone - Vogue - Touch Pro - Touch Pro 2 - Evo

Meanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhale83 View Post
Best Buy told me they price match Sprint's prices...so if you can find one in stock there you should be able to get it for $449.
I found that this is different store to store. The BB where I preordered mine told me that I won't get pricematch to Sprint. Confirmed with a manager too. This is in Brooklyn, NY.

YMMV, however
Old 06-24-2010, 04:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc EVO!!!
Carrier: sprint

Drac is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meanee View Post
I found that this is different store to store. The BB where I preordered mine told me that I won't get pricematch to Sprint. Confirmed with a manager too. This is in Brooklyn, NY.

YMMV, however
yep, not every best buy will price match. even in the same city you'll run across ones that will and ones that won't.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Lecithin is just getting started

Well I ended up getting one, bought through craigslist - met the kid at a sprint store so I could verify clean ESN. Paid 450 for it (which I would have paid through sprint) but since he got it at the Google I/O I got a 16gig memory card with it (plus the standard 2 gig which I'll add to my ever growing pile of 2 gigs...)

On the BestBuy note I tried to buy one there while I was in the process of emailing the person I ended up buying from. I went to bestbuy sat down at the desk and the guy went to get the phone, when he came back I said "Nice, now you guys will price match right?" He answered that they would so I pulled out my print out from the sprint web page showing the $449 price, he did a couple things then stepped off to talk to his manager, when he came back he told me... "We aren't selling the phones for no contract right now, and even if we were we can't match that price since it is below our cost if I sold it to you at that price I wouldn't be getting a commission I would be paying part of the cost of your phone."

But whatever, got mine for $450 with a 16 gig sd card so I'm happy, dang this is a nice phone. Only complaint so far is that they changed the usb connection so once again I have a large pile of cables and cords that are useless... but I'm getting used to having that happen.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:49 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to OR78

I bought mine outright the day it came out. Walked in and said I don't want a contract extension and I paid full price. Not one issue.

Give some

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G