PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Sprint Store refuses to sell at full price (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=126462)

Lecithin 06-24-2010 12:05 PM

Sprint Store refuses to sell at full price

Has anyone else had a Sprint store refuse to sell them an EVO since they were buying it outright instead of with a contract? I am currently under contract but this particular store said they wouldn't sell me one at the full retail price... BS if you ask me, not sure if they are even allowed to do something like that.

pastert33 06-24-2010 12:07 PM

Re: Sprint Store refuses to sell at full price

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lecithin (Post 1834696)
Has anyone else had a Sprint store refuse to sell them an EVO since they were buying it outright instead of with a contract? I am currently under contract but this particular store said they wouldn't sell me one at the full retail price... BS if you ask me, not sure if they are even allowed to do something like that.

That's just crazy to me! Seems like they would WANT to sell it outright BC they get much more money. Maybe it has to do with the rep getting commision?

nxtech3 06-24-2010 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pastert33 (Post 1834706)
That's just crazy to me! Seems like they would WANT to sell it outright BC they get much more money. Maybe it has to do with the rep getting commision?

Was it a Corporate store or third party? 3rd parties wouldnt make any money selling that phone outright, where 3rd parties make there money is the contract residuals. Corporate store might want to keep them for contractual customers since some people would by retail just to see if they like it and then return or something.

Success100 06-24-2010 12:16 PM

we can sell it at full price it just has to be activated at pos (i work in corporate store). 3rd parties make no money on full retail sales, they make their money off of the 2 year agreement so they probably would not sell one to you

ponicg 06-24-2010 12:24 PM

I had to have mine activated, but they sold it at full price with 0 issues. Might have to do w/the fact that I bought 2 Moments and an Evo w/2 year upgrades, and a single Evo w/no upgrade.

AaronP220 06-24-2010 12:29 PM

I bought two at the same time the morning they released. One at full price and one at the $150 discount price. No issues at all.

Lecithin 06-24-2010 12:49 PM

I believe the store is a contract store, there seem to be very few corporate stores around where I live... Still seems crazy to me though, I do have my contract through this particular store so I will have to see if I can get that fixed... just cause I'm evil like that.

Yes Meanee I'm a diver. Tech-diver to be specific, I'm certified in Advanced Nitrox, Decompression Procedures and Heliotrox. Also recently was certified in Full Cave down in High Springs (by Jill Heinerth.) Currently awaiting delivery of a CCR so I can get on the loop :-)

Lecithin 06-24-2010 12:58 PM

Ok I have a plan, if anyone sees a flaw with it let me know... Since I am planning on paying full retail it shouldn't matter... Bestbuy is selling them for $599 brand new. If I open up a new line I get the price knocked down to $199, if I cancel the line within the 30 days I loose the $100 mail in rebate now the phone is $299 and then take a hit of $200 for an ETF for not returning the phone for a final price of $499. I then switch the phone to my account through sprint.com.

Drac 06-24-2010 01:04 PM

before doing that check at radio shack.

Wesley762 06-24-2010 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lecithin (Post 1834810)
Ok I have a plan, if anyone sees a flaw with it let me know... Since I am planning on paying full retail it shouldn't matter... Bestbuy is selling them for $599 brand new. If I open up a new line I get the price knocked down to $199, if I cancel the line within the 30 days I loose the $100 mail in rebate now the phone is $299 and then take a hit of $200 for an ETF for not returning the phone for a final price of $499. I then switch the phone to my account through sprint.com.

Seems like a recipe for disaster, why don't you just pick one up off ebay or find another store in town that will sell you one?