PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2010, 12:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g
Carrier: Sprint

Lecithin is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Store refuses to sell at full price

Has anyone else had a Sprint store refuse to sell them an EVO since they were buying it outright instead of with a contract? I am currently under contract but this particular store said they wouldn't sell me one at the full retail price... BS if you ask me, not sure if they are even allowed to do something like that.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:07 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2!

pastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Sprint Store refuses to sell at full price

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lecithin View Post
Has anyone else had a Sprint store refuse to sell them an EVO since they were buying it outright instead of with a contract? I am currently under contract but this particular store said they wouldn't sell me one at the full retail price... BS if you ask me, not sure if they are even allowed to do something like that.
That's just crazy to me! Seems like they would WANT to sell it outright BC they get much more money. Maybe it has to do with the rep getting commision?
Old 06-24-2010, 12:13 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastert33 View Post
That's just crazy to me! Seems like they would WANT to sell it outright BC they get much more money. Maybe it has to do with the rep getting commision?
Was it a Corporate store or third party? 3rd parties wouldnt make any money selling that phone outright, where 3rd parties make there money is the contract residuals. Corporate store might want to keep them for contractual customers since some people would by retail just to see if they like it and then return or something.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 06-24-2010, 12:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

we can sell it at full price it just has to be activated at pos (i work in corporate store). 3rd parties make no money on full retail sales, they make their money off of the 2 year agreement so they probably would not sell one to you

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I believe the store is a contract store, there seem to be very few corporate stores around where I live... Still seems crazy to me though, I do have my contract through this particular store so I will have to see if I can get that fixed... just cause I'm evil like that.

Yes Meanee I'm a diver. Tech-diver to be specific, I'm certified in Advanced Nitrox, Decompression Procedures and Heliotrox. Also recently was certified in Full Cave down in High Springs (by Jill Heinerth.) Currently awaiting delivery of a CCR so I can get on the loop
Old 06-24-2010, 01:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Dumbphone - Vogue - Touch Pro - Touch Pro 2 - Evo

Meanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
I believe the store is a contract store, there seem to be very few corporate stores around where I live... Still seems crazy to me though, I do have my contract through this particular store so I will have to see if I can get that fixed... just cause I'm evil like that.

Yes Meanee I'm a diver. Tech-diver to be specific, I'm certified in Advanced Nitrox, Decompression Procedures and Heliotrox. Also recently was certified in Full Cave down in High Springs (by Jill Heinerth.) Currently awaiting delivery of a CCR so I can get on the loop
That is freakin impressive. I am still working on my AOW, so I am very new to all this. Did manage to snag Nitrox, Nav. Working in Deep and Wreck now.

As far as your plan to buy it at contract price and then cancel new line, moving EVO to old one, be careful with that. If you do it, Sprint will charge back Best Buy's commission. So your credit card may be charged or you will get a bill. I used to work for a 3rd party dealer before, and seen this happen.

I'd do as what post above me said, check out Radio Shack (it's $50 above MSRP), or try another Sprint store. You can raise all kinds of stink and call retentions, have them put a note on the account, etc, but that may take time, effort, and patience.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Ok I have a plan, if anyone sees a flaw with it let me know... Since I am planning on paying full retail it shouldn't matter... Bestbuy is selling them for $599 brand new. If I open up a new line I get the price knocked down to $199, if I cancel the line within the 30 days I loose the $100 mail in rebate now the phone is $299 and then take a hit of $200 for an ETF for not returning the phone for a final price of $499. I then switch the phone to my account through sprint.com.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:06 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Ok I have a plan, if anyone sees a flaw with it let me know... Since I am planning on paying full retail it shouldn't matter... Bestbuy is selling them for $599 brand new. If I open up a new line I get the price knocked down to $199, if I cancel the line within the 30 days I loose the $100 mail in rebate now the phone is $299 and then take a hit of $200 for an ETF for not returning the phone for a final price of $499. I then switch the phone to my account through sprint.com.
Seems like a recipe for disaster, why don't you just pick one up off ebay or find another store in town that will sell you one?

Old 06-24-2010, 01:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc EVO!!!
Carrier: sprint

Drac is becoming a great contributor

before doing that check at radio shack.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drac View Post
before doing that check at radio shack.
Actually just had a much better and easier idea... price matching, just going to print out the radioshack and sprint pages to show the cheaper initial price and see if they will pricematch, I believe its a store policy - fingers crossed - I really don't want to do the ETF shuffle - Radioshack is out of stock like almost everybody around here I even tried the most out of the way one I could think of.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G