Old 06-24-2010, 04:54 PM
Lecithin
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Lecithin is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Store refuses to sell at full price

Well I ended up getting one, bought through craigslist - met the kid at a sprint store so I could verify clean ESN. Paid 450 for it (which I would have paid through sprint) but since he got it at the Google I/O I got a 16gig memory card with it (plus the standard 2 gig which I'll add to my ever growing pile of 2 gigs...)

On the BestBuy note I tried to buy one there while I was in the process of emailing the person I ended up buying from. I went to bestbuy sat down at the desk and the guy went to get the phone, when he came back I said "Nice, now you guys will price match right?" He answered that they would so I pulled out my print out from the sprint web page showing the $449 price, he did a couple things then stepped off to talk to his manager, when he came back he told me... "We aren't selling the phones for no contract right now, and even if we were we can't match that price since it is below our cost if I sold it to you at that price I wouldn't be getting a commission I would be paying part of the cost of your phone."

But whatever, got mine for $450 with a 16 gig sd card so I'm happy, dang this is a nice phone. Only complaint so far is that they changed the usb connection so once again I have a large pile of cables and cords that are useless... but I'm getting used to having that happen.