PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2010, 10:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: EVERYTHING EVO - Rooting | NAND | Flashing Roms | Wipe

Just saw z4Root on the market. Anyone have much experience with this. Makes some pretty big claims. I am fully rooted the old way so I don't have much need for it myself.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVo

subprime is keeping up the good worksubprime is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelux View Post
I did everything and installed quickboot and it goes to the green screen with the command. I try using run command "c:\evo-recovery\adb-windows shell" to find out if I have root but computer gives me a notice with the following c:\evo-recovery\ refers to location not available.......
Is there another way to find out the S and # Hardware is version 0003 and software is 3.29.651.5 using windows 7 x 64.
Sounds like you are not running the command in the right directory. If c:\evo-recovery is where your adb is then you would just type "adb shell" without the quotes. Also, the bootloader screen should show s-off or s-on at the top of the screen.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVo

subprime is keeping up the good worksubprime is keeping up the good work
Re: Cannot flash back to stock rom to undo root!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbarxx View Post
my phones touch screen in completly defective and doesnt respond to touch 70 percent of the time, 20 percent of the time randomly does things, 10 percent of the time doesnt work at all. needless to say its time to bring it into sprint for repair

time to undo the root

I used Unrevoked and rooted the phone and flashed to a custom rom

i try to use a stock RUU and i get to the point where i am about to update the phone and the phone boots to the loader

my computer now sees the phone as a android 1.0 device. However my computer cant seem to find drivers although htc sync is installed.

What am i doing wrong here?

Because of this i cannot flash back to stock and i cant get my phone repaired.

ITS KILLING ME!

Have you tried the unroot instructions HERE ?
Old 12-02-2010, 07:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: sprint

jdog21 is a n00b
Help can you root froyo 2.2 on evo

Need help anyone! Can you root the evo with froyo2.2 with unrevoked3 . And with out flashing to a later rom ver. If so can somebody point me the right direction.thxs
Old 12-02-2010, 07:14 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAH
im just so not good at this type of thing its not even funny..
You need to power your phone down. Then hold volume down and press power. Hold vol down until HTC Evo 4g comes up on screen and wait for android with skateboard. This is bootloader.

Look at the top. Does it say hboot .97 or hboot 2.02?

Take out battery to reset.

If it says .97 get unrevoked3.2. You will need to install the hboot drivers and the HTC sync drivers. Once u install HTC sync uninstall it. Then run unrevoked3.

Unrevoked likes to jam, if it stops on a step for more than 5 minutes (unless it says don't touch) you need to unplug and replug usb. If that doesn't fix it right click the unrevoked icon on the windows bar at the bottom and hit reflash.exe. You may have to run it 2 or 3 times. This will give you s-off permaroot.

If it says 2.02 let me know.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:55 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Help can you root froyo 2.2 on evo

If you hboot is 2.02 no you have to go to thread at xda and its not a obe step fix be careful. [ROOT][GUIDE] HBoot 2.02 S-OFF - Like a Boss Edition! - Updated 11/20/10 - xda-developers
Old 12-03-2010, 11:14 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution!

heydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Yahoo to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Skype™ to heydjbobby74

[QUOTE=FastRX8;1793724]*** Tutorials have been moved to Post #2

Q. Does Rooting void my warranty?
A. Yes, if you root your phone, "technically" speaking, you did void your warranty. However, if you need to return your phone to Sprint, you can put the phone back to stock/unrooted by flashing a stock rom. Index of /shipped/Supersonic/

Umm... Rooting no longer voids your warranty. My EVO went down, I told Sprint customer care it was rooted and that there was nothing they could do about it since it is not specifically stated in the 2 yr contract that I couldn't root, and they replaced it at no extra charge. =)

http://www.heydjbobby.com/
Audiovox 6700> Samsung i760> HTC Touch Pro> HTC Touch Pro2> HTC HeRooted> HTC EVOlutionized!
Old 12-04-2010, 06:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tynie3 is a n00b
HELP!! is there a way to flash back to stock via sd card

so i cant sync my evo to my comp because my phone is phucked up. and i need to flash back you stock to not void warranty. is there a way to do this via sd card?
Old 12-05-2010, 03:05 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff
Re: HELP!! is there a way to flash back to stock via sd card

Relax and state your problem more clearly. Most problems are correctable with the proper instruction. Give us a chance to walk you out of the forrest.
Old 12-05-2010, 05:05 AM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart
Go to xda and search for pc36img.zip. it is all stock images in one file. It will stock out your Rom, splash, Recovery, and whatever else. I'm on my phone and don't have a link, but if you can't find it, you can gtalk me at bradart.ink@gmail.com and I should be able to help.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Sponsored by Kools.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
backup, basics, easy, evo, hboot-.076, help root, htc evo 4g, htc evo password, radio-1.36.00.04.02, recovery, restore, root, rooting, videos