PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2010, 11:38 PM
boostedbanana is VIP!!
Pocket PC: Supercharged EVO with 3000mah of boost!!
Carrier: Sprint

stanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
re: EVERYTHING EVO - Rooting | NAND | Flashing Roms | Wipe

Sweet, thanks for the info. I will check that out right now!!

Modding phones and modding Mustangs..
My white Evo with a black battery door is SEXY!!

Last edited by stanglifemike; 08-19-2010 at 12:12 AM.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:31 AM
boostedbanana is VIP!!

stanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIP

Using Quick Boot from Market and I have full root access and nand is unlocked!! WOW, I could have never done this without your help FastRX8!!!! I owe you a beer
Old 08-19-2010, 05:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

acerati50 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to acerati50

hi there i am on 1.47.651.1 however i get stuck on the screen where it says part 2 is scanning any ideas/?? any help would be greatly appreciated...
Old 08-19-2010, 09:12 AM
boostedbanana is VIP!!

If it is sticking there then it did not take and you need to try again.
This is the step where a lot of people get stuck and the step where I spent a LOT of trys on it. I am assuming the prior step did not take as it should. You can still go to the next step, like you did, but it will not work. Make sure that you are getting the message that you are suppose to in the previous step. This is copied from the FAQ of this thread.:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q. Getting an error on step 5N, what should I do?
A. Some people get an error at step 5M that says:

Code:
/sdcard/part1: cannot create /data/app-cache/com.android.browser/BEC48C17295CAF9F550BCD500A0A6F03/data/app-cache/com.android.browser/DE25D64D198E4BF84672045F0EAEE6CE/data/app-cache/com.android.browser/EAFCD74DF11E57A3571B1E4D0B768134/foo: directory nonexistantreboot and run part2
tophyr figured out a solution and posted it --->HERE<---
In an attempt to keep this guide complete, I'll just copy his directions in this post.

I don't have the exact directory names, but the process to get beyond where you're stuck is this: (Type the bold parts, my comments are in the italics)

Code:
cd /data/data/com.android.browser/flashlitemv sharedobjects sharedobjects-The move command may fail - don't worry if it doesln -s /data/app-cache/com.android.browser/ sharedobjectscd /app-cache/com.android.browserls
Here you should see at least one directory looking like 'BEC48C17295CAF9F550BCD500A0A6F03'. If there are multiple, repeat the following three lines for each. If there are not any, then refresh the website and/or find a new flash app (perhaps a game like mentioned above, or something) and repeat the 'ls' command after the app loads. You should then see a directory like the above.

Code:
cd <long-ass-directory> (You can use wildcards.. if it starts with B like the above, do 'cd B*'cat /system/bin/rsync /system/bin/rsync /system/bin/rsync > foocd ..
These pretty much take care of what part1 tries to do, but likely fails to, if it's unable to outright delete the relevant directories. After running these commands manually, reboot the phone and follow the steps for part2 and beyond, and it *should* work. Did for me.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried typing in the url that it says in the prompt screen before typing in the url that is reccomended in this thead and that seemed to be what got it working for me.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:17 AM
boostedbanana is VIP!!

IF you have any questions then ask away. I will keep checking this tread and try to help you in any way that I can. I know how frustrating it is to keep trying and not getting it. I spent 2 nights on it actually. I am by far an expert at this, but have a decent understanding of it after going through it as many times as I did. I think I would be able to breeze through it now if I tried again, which I will when my fiance gets her Evo.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:36 PM
Test one, test two.
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

proxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIP

Hello Everyone,

I followed the directions on post 2 to get my evo rooted, when my phone gets to reading the image is says that "image is older", is there an updated pc361img file that I should look for?

Thank you!

Last edited by proxhack; 08-20-2010 at 01:51 AM.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Toshiba

Servin is a n00b

I need help with my EVO. Two months ago I got the new HTC EVO under other person's account, i paid tho! He is in prison and my service got suspended, he has five lines and they told me that in order to pull off his account i need his authorization and then pay the debt. In other words I cannot use my cell phone because it is liked to his account and if I open a new account, it won't let me use it because it is blocked, at least that's what i understood. I need help, can I unlock the phone I use it again? I gave up with sprint customer service
Old 08-19-2010, 06:22 PM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom
Threadstarter

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servin View Post
I need help with my EVO. Two months ago I got the new HTC EVO under other person's account, i paid tho! He is in prison and my service got suspended, he has five lines and they told me that in order to pull off his account i need his authorization and then pay the debt. In other words I cannot use my cell phone because it is liked to his account and if I open a new account, it won't let me use it because it is blocked, at least that's what i understood. I need help, can I unlock the phone I use it again? I gave up with sprint customer service
The type of unlocking you need is called referred to as an ESN swap or something like that. Nothing to do w/ rooting the phone. Also, pretty sure it's illegal, at least I know you can't discuss it here on PPCGeeks.

Here's why...
If we post instructions about how to take an EVO off of someone's account and make it our own, what's to stop "bad guys" like the guys in prison, from just stealing EVO's from people and then making them work on their own accounts too.
So, if I were you, I'd try to get a hold of your prison buddy and tell him to use one of his phone calls to call Sprint. In exchange, you can buy him a carton of cigarettes or something. Or maybe smuggle in a shank in some creative fashion.

FYI - This is why I always buy my phones through soccer moms. Don't have to worry about them skippin' town or getting locked up.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:38 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by proxhack View Post
Hello Everyone,

I follow the directions on post 2 to get my evo rooted and when my phone gets to reading the image is says that image is older error, is there an updated pc361img file that I should look for?

Thank you!
What software are you on and what step did you start with? That error most likely means you started in the wrong spot.
At this late stage I'd guess you have 1.47 or Froyo 3.26
If you have 1.47 then you need to start with Section 5. ******** ROOTING AFTER OTA 1.47.651.1 (Full Root)********
If you have Froyo then you can not root and need to chill/pray someone find a root method.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:50 AM
Test one, test two.
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

proxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
What software are you on and what step did you start with? That error most likely means you started in the wrong spot.
At this late stage I'd guess you have 1.47 or Froyo 3.26
If you have 1.47 then you need to start with Section 5. ******** ROOTING AFTER OTA 1.47.651.1 (Full Root)********
If you have Froyo then you can not root and need to chill/pray someone find a root method.
I have the froyo 3.26!

Crap, I knew that the upgrade wasn't necessary.

Thank you for your help!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
backup, basics, easy, evo, hboot-.076, help root, htc evo 4g, htc evo password, radio-1.36.00.04.02, recovery, restore, root, rooting, videos