PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2010, 12:42 AM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
re: EVERYTHING EVO - Rooting | NAND | Flashing Roms | Wipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanglifemike View Post
SO I am confused...do I start here? Because that will be on step 5...or do I start at step 1? Or is it just saying that step is only needed if after ota 1.47.651.1??

((((******** ROOTING AFTER OTA 1.47.651.1 (Full Root)********
Thanks to SteelH

This is for Full Root access after someone has applied the OTA 1.47.651.1. If you accepted the OTA or it was done for you when you bought your phone, use this guide. To check which version you're on, go to Menu>Settings>About Phone>Software Information>Software Number. If it says "1.47.651.1" this section is for you.
If you're on version "1.32.651.1" or "1.32.651.6" then use the ****ROOTING Part I and Part II (Full Root)**** instructions in section 1 & 2.))))

since I have 1.47.651.1 at step 5?? Or do I start at step 1?? Kinda confusing where it is placed "Rooting after 1.47.651.1 etc, etc....
You're confused because you're calling them "Steps" but they aren't "Steps" they are "Sections."
I wouldn't have someone start from the 5th step, that would be too confusing.
I labeled them sections so that you do the section that applies to you.

Section 1&2 is for people on software 1.32.651.1 or 1.32.651.6
Section 5 is for people on 1.47.651.1

So if you're on 1.47.651.1, first of all, congratulations on not doing the OTA to 2.2 yet, secondly, yes, Section 5 is all you need.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:09 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: One touch Root :(

I want as many iPhone owners to keep living in delusion on their overloaded network and leave us alone. We don't win by losing. Who wants Sprint to turn into AT&T?

Anyone who bought an iPhone wasn't a geek anyway. Think of how many things the first 2 generations of iPhone couldn't do that we could do on WM for YEARS. Even flip-phones could take video, for Pete's sake (who is Pete, anyway?).
Old 08-18-2010, 02:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc EVO!!!
Carrier: sprint

Drac is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
(who is Pete, anyway?).

my dad. seriously. he is.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:27 AM
boostedbanana is VIP!!
Pocket PC: Supercharged EVO with 3000mah of boost!!

stanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIP

OK, firgured that out last night and tried this for hours...Couldnt get step 5S to take. Step 5N took forever to get past....Step 5S took one time but immediately after I got the correct message it popped up with Scanning PArt 2 again and stuck there...Gonna try more today while I'm at work...

Modding phones and modding Mustangs..
My white Evo with a black battery door is SEXY!!
Old 08-18-2010, 10:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
.....Even flip-phones could take video, for Pete's sake (who is Pete, anyway?).
Old 08-18-2010, 12:26 PM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom
Threadstarter

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
OK, firgured that out last night and tried this for hours...Couldnt get step 5S to take. Step 5N took forever to get past....Step 5S took one time but immediately after I got the correct message it popped up with Scanning PArt 2 again and stuck there...Gonna try more today while I'm at work...
It only takes one time.
You got the message again because you hit "Up arrow" and "Enter" too many times.
So as soon as it finished it's thing, it tried again because you did it too many times.
You should be good to go onto the next step.

There's always the simple root method too.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:02 PM
boostedbanana is VIP!!

stanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIP

Well after it didnt work (or so I thought) I did a hard reset and started all over again. What is the simple root method? What is the difference in the two? I just want to be able to flash roms from my sd card whenever I like and be able to backup current roms before flashing new ones. I am not a Android geniuos(obviously!! ) so I probably wont be able to do (or even understand) a lot of the stuff that full root will be capable of. I dont think anyway...
I know unlocking all of my previous HTC WinMo phones was soooo easy. I loved playing around with those and got to where I understood most of what was going on. Android just seems so much harder, maybe I'll catch the hang of it eventually.
Didnt get to try at work today becasue I was busy, about to start trying to root again here in a few minutes..Any advice?
Old 08-18-2010, 09:59 PM
boostedbanana is VIP!!

OK, on step 5U and it is NOT reading my storage card...So now I have to choose from one of the onscreen options and I guess start over..?
Old 08-18-2010, 10:42 PM
boostedbanana is VIP!!

Holy crap!!!!!!! I am rooted and on a custom ROM!!!!!!! Thank you so much!!! SO, in the future when I download other ROMS to my SD card, I just turn on phone while holding volume down and perform those same steps for wiping and then flashing a ROM? Or will I have to use my laptop and the "command" window?
Old 08-18-2010, 11:30 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Holy crap!!!!!!! I am rooted and on a custom ROM!!!!!!! Thank you so much!!! SO, in the future when I download other ROMS to my SD card, I just turn on phone while holding volume down and perform those same steps for wiping and then flashing a ROM? Or will I have to use my laptop and the "command" window?
Congrats
If your recovery flashed correctly you can go right there by entering bootloader manually as you said and selecting Recovery. You no longer need to run the bat file from your PC provided you are nand unlocked.
Verify this by entering bootloader-again, like you said with the volume down while powering on-and look at your hboot version. If it is .76.2 then your nand is unlocked and you should be able to go right to recovery.
Once you verify go to the market and grab Quick Boot. A "must have" app (included in some custom ROMs) IMO since it will let you reboot, boot into bootloader, or boot directly into recovery while booted into Android. No more powering down, holding volume down, blah, blah, blah

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
backup, basics, easy, evo, hboot-.076, help root, htc evo 4g, htc evo password, radio-1.36.00.04.02, recovery, restore, root, rooting, videos