View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 11:30 PM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
re: EVERYTHING EVO - Rooting | NAND | Flashing Roms | Wipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanglifemike View Post
Holy crap!!!!!!! I am rooted and on a custom ROM!!!!!!! Thank you so much!!! SO, in the future when I download other ROMS to my SD card, I just turn on phone while holding volume down and perform those same steps for wiping and then flashing a ROM? Or will I have to use my laptop and the "command" window?
Congrats
If your recovery flashed correctly you can go right there by entering bootloader manually as you said and selecting Recovery. You no longer need to run the bat file from your PC provided you are nand unlocked.
Verify this by entering bootloader-again, like you said with the volume down while powering on-and look at your hboot version. If it is .76.2 then your nand is unlocked and you should be able to go right to recovery.
Once you verify go to the market and grab Quick Boot. A "must have" app (included in some custom ROMs) IMO since it will let you reboot, boot into bootloader, or boot directly into recovery while booted into Android. No more powering down, holding volume down, blah, blah, blah