PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2010, 07:11 PM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: EVO Full Root|Recovery|Nand Backup/Restore|Flashing for n00b's Instructions & Vid

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeklo062704 View Post
Is there a way to get back to stock recovery instead if amon-ra without flashing back to stock sprint rom and completely unrooting and starting over?
This is just a guess, but you may get back to the regular recovery if you run the original PC36IMG.zip file from the rooting section.
In other words, do step 1 again.

May I ask why you want that?
To my knowledge the only difference will be that in the original recovery screen, you would get to the screen w/ the phone and the /!\ then you had to run the "recovery-windows.bat" file to get into recovery.
With amon-ra-recovery, you don't need to run the batch file. Other than that, they're pretty much identical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsowen View Post
Genius, pure genius I say, worked like a champ!

Renamed it to the new HTXXXXXXXXXX folder and ran it and worked like it should no problems.
Glad it worked
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Agent0Hibachi is keeping up the good workAgent0Hibachi is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to Agent0Hibachi Send a message via Skype™ to Agent0Hibachi
Re: EVO Full Root|Recovery|Nand Backup/Restore|Flashing for n00b's Instructions & Vid

So after i copyed the PC36IMG.zip into my SD card i turned the phone off like it sas turned it on while holding down the Volume down an when i get to the Bootloader screen it just stays there. Im still holding down the valume down button so im wondering what i did wrong or what should i be doing.. DO i need to unzip the files in the PC36IMG.zip onto the sd card
Old 06-22-2010, 08:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: better beliEVO!

meeklo062704 is keeping up the good workmeeklo062704 is keeping up the good work

[QUOTE=FastRX8;1830958]This is just a guess, but you may get back to the regular recovery if you run the original PC36IMG.zip file from the rooting section.
In other words, do step 1 again.

May I ask why you want that?
To my knowledge the only difference will be that in the original recovery screen, you would get to the screen w/ the phone and the /!\ then you had to run the "recovery-windows.bat" file to get into recovery.
With amon-ra-recovery, you don't need to run the batch file. Other than that, they're pretty much identical.

According to some folks at xda, the amon-ra recovery isnt playing well with certain roms and mods due to some kind of signature verification. I tried flashing the Evo-NonSense from xda and this error message:

E:Wrong Digest:
system/app/HTCCamera.apk
E:Verification Failed

Installation aborted.

I've tried 2 versions of the rom and one of godzson's clocks and got the same thing.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO - VirusROM

SnoopDawg is keeping up the good workSnoopDawg is keeping up the good work

Every time I try I get the reboot loop.

I am trying to flash a ROM and hate to ask for help, wiped and everything. Tried about 5 times.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:32 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quick question, I backed up OMJ 1.4 with radio. If I decide to restore this rom, does it also restore the radio or just the rom. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:59 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent0Hibachi View Post
So after i copyed the PC36IMG.zip into my SD card i turned the phone off like it sas turned it on while holding down the Volume down an when i get to the Bootloader screen it just stays there. Im still holding down the valume down button so im wondering what i did wrong or what should i be doing.. DO i need to unzip the files in the PC36IMG.zip onto the sd card
What step are you on? Are you trying to root for the first time or trying to get full root?
Regardless of the step you do NOT unzip the file, just put it on your card in it's entirety.
I doubt if this is the issue but let got of the Vol Down once it starts powering on.
Do the boot process again and watch what it says.
It checks for the file everytime and will either run it, give you an error or say "no image or wrong image" if it cant find it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopDawg View Post
Every time I try I get the reboot loop.

I am trying to flash a ROM and hate to ask for help, wiped and everything. Tried about 5 times.
This is probably best asked in the ROM's thread but...
What ROM?
What steps of the root process have you done?
Did you partition your SD card?
How did you wipe? Android recovery or Clockwork?
Let's start there

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
Quick question, I backed up OMJ 1.4 with radio. If I decide to restore this rom, does it also restore the radio or just the rom. Thanks in advance.
The nandroid/Nand back up just backs up the ROM, not the radio. Even though OMJ "included" the radio with his ROM they are applied separately.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:21 PM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Hey Peeps, this is interesting.....

With full root, up until now if I booted into Recovery manually I got Android System Recovery (Green font on the menu-I posted a screenie awhile ago)
If I went through ROM Manager I of course got Clockwork Recovery (blue font on menu-again, see my screenies)

Well I updated to the latest Clockwork v2.0.1.0 and now going the manual route brings me to Clockwork. Weird.
I 'spose it doesn't matter since afaik they are functionally the same.

However I think it's important to point out that while Wipe data/factory reset is on the main menu of both Recoveries, WIPE DALVIK is under the Advanced option in Clockwork, that's new for me since it was on the Main Menu of Android Recovery.

Just passing on the inflammation.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
What step are you on? Are you trying to root for the first time or trying to get full root?
Regardless of the step you do NOT unzip the file, just put it on your card in it's entirety.
I doubt if this is the issue but let got of the Vol Down once it starts powering on.
It checks for the file everytime and will either run it, give you an error or say "no image or wrong image" if it cant find it.

What ROM?
Let's start there

The nandroid/Nand back up just backs up the ROM, not the radio. Even though OMJ "included" the radio with his ROM they are applied separately.
I went through all of step 1. Everything worked the way it was supposed to.
Android recovery.
Using Damage 3.1.2
I didn't partition my SD card.

On my EVO to type this, sorry for short answers.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post

What ROM?
Let's start there

I went through all of step 1. Everything worked the way it was supposed to. I did both wipes since that was described a fix for the symptoms.
Android recovery.
Using Damage 3.1.2

Old 06-22-2010, 09:55 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopDawg View Post
I went through all of step 1. Everything worked the way it was supposed to.
Android recovery.
Using Damage 3.1.2

Getting a boot cycle loop sounds like a dirty wipe to me.
You said you did it but did you do Factory reset 2X's and Dalvik 2X's?

My second GUESS is that if the latest Damage ROM was written for full root and you dont have it that may cause an issue. I jumped to Post 1 at Damage but it doesnt mention anything about full root or not. Sorry to be specific but did you mean you went through all of Step 1 or Post 1? Completing Step 1 is not full root. If you went through all the steps of Post 1 then you have full root.

Your card not being partitioned *shouldnt* matter. Mine wasnt when I flashed the latest OMJ which has aps2SD and I was fine.

IMO you're going to be best served by posting in that thread if you havent already.
Good luck.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
backup, basics, easy, evo, hboot-.076, help root, htc evo 4g, htc evo password, radio-1.36.00.04.02, recovery, restore, root, rooting, videos