PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2010, 09:46 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: EVO Full Root No PC or ADB|Recovery|Nand Backup/Restore|Flashing| for n00b's + Vi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenS View Post
How can I get to the non clockwork mod recovery screen. It seems as if now that it has been flashed it is the only one there when I put the phone into bootloader manually. Do I just do something as simple as removing rom manager which I have done but it doesn't seem to remove that bootloader mode if I'm not mistaken. I had a sd card error that I battled through half the night getting that sorted out but then I developed the curse of the broken usb drive. So tonights battle will be getting that sorted out hopefully. @winmo thanks for your help last night. If only sdk had gone on completely (if I had applied the updates) it could have been a simply task. Oh well onto the case of the missing usb connection.
Your welcome. Bro. Hope tonight goes smoofly.

I re-applied the part of the full root where we apply the recovery.img and got Android System recovery back.
I had NO Recovery at the time but I think it'll overwrite clockworkmod too. I'll test later if you want.

I'm mobile now.

EDIT:
OK-tested and works I'm back on Android System Recovery Do 2K and 2L from the first post. If after 2K you are sitting at a $ then just type su to get to a #
2K) Open a "run" window by hitting the Windows key + "R" in the command line type (or cut/paste)
Code:
c:\evo-recovery\adb-windows shell
then hit "OK"

2L) In the window that opens, type (do not cut/paste this)
Code:
cat /sdcard/flash_image > /data/flash_image
chmod 755 /data/flash_image
/data/flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
reboot recovery

EDIT2: Just did a Nand backup, no problems.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 07-01-2010 at 12:01 AM.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6850
Carrier: sprint

SEmerson is a n00b
Re: EVO Full Root No PC or ADB|Recovery|Nand Backup/Restore|Flashing| for n00b's + Vi

I have rooted my old evo and it worked fine. I just got my new evo and I am stuck. I rooted and messed with a few roms. now I have lost my recovery. I can not get to the menu to flash from sd card.
I can not do......./data/flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
I get a error writing recovery. no space left on device.

What can I do? I currently have the pc36img file loaded.
Please help I have to work to work tomarrow and need my phone...
Old 07-01-2010, 12:52 AM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom
Threadstarter

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEmerson View Post
I have rooted my old evo and it worked fine. I just got my new evo and I am stuck. I rooted and messed with a few roms. now I have lost my recovery. I can not get to the menu to flash from sd card.
I can not do......./data/flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
I get a error writing recovery. no space left on device.

What can I do? I currently have the pc36img file loaded.
Please help I have to work to work tomarrow and need my phone...
If you didn't do the OTA, there's no reason you shouldn't be able to start from step one.
Also, if it's a new phone and you have the card that came with it, you're probably fine, but if you did anything to the sdcard or you put in another card, make sure it's is formatted as FAT32. If you need to format it, don't use quick format. Do it the long/slow way.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

SEmerson is a n00b

I cant start over. I error at the recovery files. I used the sd from my old evo
Old 07-01-2010, 01:04 AM
Threadstarter

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
I cant start over. I error at the recovery files. I used the sd from my old evo
Can you turn the phone on?
If you can turn the phone on, you can put the PC36IMG.zip for rooting on the phone then root it. Then continue on to the next step.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

SEmerson is a n00b

It does boot. I have the first file on it. but can't get past the recovery files. I can't load the secound file as it says it is older then the first so it would not update. I do have root. #

Last edited by SEmerson; 07-01-2010 at 01:26 AM.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch==>Touch Pro==>EVO

BenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Thanks for answering the questions about the recovery but I might just sit on my fully rooted fresh .3 rom now that I have the sd card and usb capabilities again.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:24 AM
Threadstarter

Quote:
It does boot. I have the first file on it. but can't get past the recovery files. I can't load the secound file as it says it is older the the first so it would update. I do have root. #
If it says it's older, you missed step 2D.

Check your pm's too.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Claude9039u is just getting started

OK OK I am a newbe and need some help. No matter what I do I can't get Section 2 to work in either verison 1 or 2 it does the samething it will read storage card. Takes about 30secs and there is a progress bar on the top right reading the PC36IMG.zip file on the card. Once done it never says update complete just:
-FASTBOOT
-RECOVERY
-CLEAR STORAGE
-SIMLOCK
-HBOOT USB

Any ideas?

There is no better phone then ours!
Old 07-01-2010, 10:52 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude9039u View Post
OK OK I am a newbe and need some help. No matter what I do I can't get Section 2 to work in either verison 1 or 2 it does the samething it will read storage card. Takes about 30secs and there is a progress bar on the top right reading the PC36IMG.zip file on the card. Once done it never says update complete just:
-FASTBOOT
-RECOVERY
-CLEAR STORAGE
-SIMLOCK
-HBOOT USB

Any ideas?
Assuming Part I went ok.....
Are you sure you switched the PC36IMG files?
There are two different files for Parts I and II.
After completing Part I you need to rename that file. Fast suggests calling rootPC36IMG (but the name isnt important, just that you change it)-Step 2C

Then you must apply the mtd-eng file-Step 2D

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
backup, basics, easy, evo, hboot-.076, help root, htc evo 4g, htc evo password, radio-1.36.00.04.02, recovery, restore, root, rooting, videos