View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 09:46 PM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: EVO Full Root No PC or ADB|Recovery|Nand Backup/Restore|Flashing| for n00b's + Vi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenS View Post
How can I get to the non clockwork mod recovery screen. It seems as if now that it has been flashed it is the only one there when I put the phone into bootloader manually. Do I just do something as simple as removing rom manager which I have done but it doesn't seem to remove that bootloader mode if I'm not mistaken. I had a sd card error that I battled through half the night getting that sorted out but then I developed the curse of the broken usb drive. So tonights battle will be getting that sorted out hopefully. @winmo thanks for your help last night. If only sdk had gone on completely (if I had applied the updates) it could have been a simply task. Oh well onto the case of the missing usb connection.
Your welcome. Bro. Hope tonight goes smoofly.

I re-applied the part of the full root where we apply the recovery.img and got Android System recovery back.
I had NO Recovery at the time but I think it'll overwrite clockworkmod too. I'll test later if you want.

I'm mobile now.

EDIT:
OK-tested and works I'm back on Android System Recovery Do 2K and 2L from the first post. If after 2K you are sitting at a $ then just type su to get to a #
2K) Open a "run" window by hitting the Windows key + "R" in the command line type (or cut/paste)
Code:
c:\evo-recovery\adb-windows shell
then hit "OK"

2L) In the window that opens, type (do not cut/paste this)
Code:
cat /sdcard/flash_image > /data/flash_image
chmod 755 /data/flash_image
/data/flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
reboot recovery

EDIT2: Just did a Nand backup, no problems.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 07-01-2010 at 12:01 AM.