PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2010, 12:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

codeman05 is keeping up the good workcodeman05 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Why Are there no commercials?

While I'd love nothing more than to see the Iphone get kicked to the curb in terms of marketshare...I'm perfectly ok if they start advertising AFTER I get my Evo, less people to trample over lol
Old 05-31-2010, 01:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Threadstarter

Agent0Hibachi is keeping up the good workAgent0Hibachi is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to Agent0Hibachi Send a message via Skype™ to Agent0Hibachi

Thats a very good point. How ever they plan on doing it I hope it works.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G Baby!!!
Carrier: SprintPCS

D\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I was chitt-chatting with an RS employee about a week ago and he said they were only allowed to sell pre-orders to existing Sprint customers. Once the phone released then they could sell to all others. Not sure if this is chain wide or just on a store by store basis. If this is valid, then maybe they're taking advantage of the in-store advertisment that comes from BB and RS. Why pay when the people who are selling them for us are going to advertise them for us...?!?!

I'm sure once the phone hits the shelves, we'll be seeing a whole lot of "EVO 4G - The worlds first 4G Android phone!!!".
Old 05-31-2010, 03:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo No 4g

akayareal is keeping up the good workakayareal is keeping up the good work

For all of you that think that word of mouth and internet ads are enough are wrong. They are good but even though there are a lot of people that surf the web daily, they dont all check tech geared sites or the type of sites they would advertise this on.

We you have a great product and your a company trying to climb back from a few bad yrs with a bad rep, you have to hit everybody from all angles. This means internet, radio, tv, billboards, paying these huge chain stores that they are in to make them the biggest center of attention as soon as you walk in these stores and all over the stores.

I can say that other than the tech sites that i visit, I dont see this phone advertised anywhere else. Sprint shouldnt only want to grab the techies that want this phone but those that may have considered a smart phone but didnt want to pay Verizon or ATT prices for real smart phone service.

Android isnt a new OS that isnt proven, its a desired OS to many and those who may not desire it may be curious as to what it is because they hear Google. The money may not be there to go all out like the bigger companies, but when you release your flagship, you have to put a good amount of money behind it (and that doesnt mean Hesse being in a commercial telling people how good the phone is ).

Evo on 3g

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-31-2010, 03:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Agent0Hibachi is keeping up the good workAgent0Hibachi is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to Agent0Hibachi Send a message via Skype™ to Agent0Hibachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by akayareal View Post
For all of you that think that word of mouth and internet ads are enough are wrong. They are good but even though there are a lot of people that surf the web daily, they dont all check tech geared sites or the type of sites they would advertise this on.

We you have a great product and your a company trying to climb back from a few bad yrs with a bad rep, you have to hit everybody from all angles. This means internet, radio, tv, billboards, paying these huge chain stores that they are in to make them the biggest center of attention as soon as you walk in these stores and all over the stores.

I can say that other than the tech sites that i visit, I dont see this phone advertised anywhere else. Sprint shouldnt only want to grab the techies that want this phone but those that may have considered a smart phone but didnt want to pay Verizon or ATT prices for real smart phone service.

Android isnt a new OS that isnt proven, its a desired OS to many and those who may not desire it may be curious as to what it is because they hear Google. The money may not be there to go all out like the bigger companies, but when you release your flagship, you have to put a good amount of money behind it (and that doesnt mean Hesse being in a commercial telling people how good the phone is ).

I hear what your saying. I really wanted to see Sprint put everything in the open with this phone... If they believe it is all that and a bag of chips.. Let it be known! AN its an Andriod OS which is really the new flavor of the month you can say..It has a lot of backing so i wanted too see Commercials like the Moto droid has or now the Incred. has.. But we will see i hope they roll them out one after another as soon as the phone drops!!
Old 05-31-2010, 05:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo!!

TheHoard is becoming a great contributor

I think their logic is since the phone is already selling so well with pre-orders, there's a large enough community of people who do know about the phone and want it to keep demand higher than the currently available supply. Why spend excess money on marketing when you know you already have more potential buyers than product available? I'm sure as time rolls on and supply surpasses demand we'll see more commercials and magazine ads, etc. Fiscally, it makes perfect sense.
Old 05-31-2010, 05:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent0Hibachi View Post
Ha yea...But its just stupid... I'd have a commercial going on every network every 5 mins. To me if i didnt know about the phone but saw 1000 commercials a day about it i might check it out an even if i went to a store an it was sold out, it would make me think like hmm is this phone really that good an i would check it out. Sprints backwards with this one. Have commercials for the pre-release of the phone an bring out a new batch of them post-release as well
Why do you want the masses flocking to Sprint? So the network can grind to a crawl like AT&T's? And who wants a phone everyone else has? (other than the iPhone automotons)
Old 05-31-2010, 06:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

it would be nice to see sprint do some tv advertising for once, especially with this beast. Although, i think there's enough interest generating on the internet as it is... ads, reviews, videos, rooting, hacks, google i/o giveaway... the evo has been everywhere and it's still not out.

Who knows, maybe we will see a commercial in a couple of days.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC 3VO 3D

Mswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Mswezey Send a message via MSN to Mswezey Send a message via Yahoo to Mswezey Send a message via Skype™ to Mswezey

I am glad that I don't see Sprint Evo 4g commercials just yet. Like I really need a reminder to when the phone comes out? Trust me I have a count down running in my head and seeing a commercial would just make me have to go change my boxers 3x a day.

And I hope this phone puts the Iphone in it's place, especially since my college roommate's girlfriend has one and she the girl that just got a 2010 dodge challenger after she had a 06 or 07 pontiac g6.... : /
It's okay though, as her new car and her iphone is gonna get killed by my soon to come 95 camaro z28 rockin a 450 hp lt1 and my soon to come beloved Evo oh the dreams i have at night....
Old 05-31-2010, 06:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
Why do you want the masses flocking to Sprint? So the network can grind to a crawl like AT&T's? And who wants a phone everyone else has? (other than the iPhone automotons)

Its not about everyone having the same phone as me or well us its just about getting the biggest buzz wwe can get for this phone. The more people that get the EVO or jump to sprint the better. So we dont have to hear about the iphone this iphone that...

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G