PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2010, 12:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Agent0Hibachi is keeping up the good workAgent0Hibachi is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Agent0Hibachi Send a message via Skype™ to Agent0Hibachi
Why Are there no commercials?

Now i love the hype about this phone being already a sprint customer, but why havent i seen any commercials like Verizon has for their Incredible or Motorola with their Droid? I want to see this phone go gold in its first week haha. So whats up with the lack of commercials? I would think HTC and Sprint would want the world to know what they have been cooking up right?!?!
Old 05-31-2010, 12:27 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP
Re: Why Are there no commercials?

There's no need to advertise this phone right now. They've built up so much hype around it with conferences, internet ads, and word of mouth, that all the BB's and RS's around the country are probably all packed up with pre-orders. They'll probably do TV ads a month or two from now.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:31 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

When was the last time anyone saw a sprint commercial about a particular phone? Not including the pre!

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Agent0Hibachi is keeping up the good workAgent0Hibachi is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to Agent0Hibachi Send a message via Skype™ to Agent0Hibachi

Thats true, I really can't wait to see the numbers after the 1st week of sales.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Vogue/Touch Pro/Touch Pro 2/HTC Evo 4G

champ052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to champ052005

I think they are holding the commercials until the Evo is actually out. And once the new Iphone is announced, to take some of the hype out of the Iphone and attract the customers away from ATT.

Its a smart and dumb move for Sprint. Smart being that they will lure ATT customers to Sprint. Dumb being that they could have generated even greater hype by commercials being out now.

Another reason is that Sprint does not want to make customers mad by advertising a phone that is going to be sold out. They would rather advertise a phone that will be in stock. And that is not going to happen the day it is out.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:38 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

True they didn't really advertise he pre until it was out but they also said it was only avalable on the sprint network and now look at it..... Lol

CW
Old 05-31-2010, 12:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Vogue/Touch Pro/Touch Pro 2/HTC Evo 4G

champ052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to champ052005

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post
True they didn't really advertise he pre until it was out but they also said it was only avalable on the sprint network and now look at it..... Lol

CW

LOL. Don't remind me of those creepy commercials!!!

I think what got the Pre the most was the plans. That was the first phone that required the everything plans, and most customers were not willing to switch until they realized that all new phones will require those plans. By that time, the Pre became old news.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: sprint

Deathsicle is just getting started

The last sprint commercial for phones that sprint released other then the Pre was the Samsung Instinct, and that phone sold very well, wasnt it like the first phone to have touch response from sprint?, i used to see it advertised at the movie theatres and prime time tv show hours. With the Evo, you dont need to adverstised and i think Cicatrize was rite about the word of mouth and internet adds that help spread the word of this phone. All my BB's and RS's cant fulfill there preorders atm, and so the next batch of preorder people have to wait till june 9th, thats what the BB rep told me. Hopefully the more of these phones they sell the more product support we will get with accessories, software, (crossfingers) 4G in our areas, (wishing) and do away with the infamous $10 fee. Damn, cant wait till june 4th!!!!!
Old 05-31-2010, 12:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Ha yea...But its just stupid... I'd have a commercial going on every network every 5 mins. To me if i didnt know about the phone but saw 1000 commercials a day about it i might check it out an even if i went to a store an it was sold out, it would make me think like hmm is this phone really that good an i would check it out. Sprints backwards with this one. Have commercials for the pre-release of the phone an bring out a new batch of them post-release as well
Old 05-31-2010, 12:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Munroe is becoming a great contributor

Almost every internet site im on I see an ad for the Evo. I think sometimes the best things dont need added advertisements. Think of the successful businesses that are all word of mouth initially before they turn into Mcdonalds! Dont you prefer to have your little secret all to yourself before its just like the iPhone and everyone has one? Plus with Froyo, and some of the other issues they need handled on the front end the last thing they need is 2 million more pissed off people. They can wait a month, and then have a HUGE push when the new iPhone comes out and I think thats their exact plan. Take out the competition slowly but surely.

myspace.com/munroemusic
www.AmericaNationwide.com

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G