PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2010, 11:18 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Data Cap with Mobile Hot Spot

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
What was that suppose to say to me??? lol That doesnt say anything specific about data cards or phones.

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:18 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post
Once again I just got off the phone with a rep who stated "Sprint reserves the right to limit throughput speeds or amount of data transferred; and to deny, terminate, modify, disconnect or suspend service if usage either exceeds (a.) 5 GB/month in total or (b.) 300MB/month while off-network roaming." But they also stated that "This is not a CAP and the only cap we have for data is on the broadband cards which is 5gig and you have to pay if you go over that." furthermore I asked about the Evo and its data and she said there is not difference on the data usage policy for the Evo.It might make things easier if you feel like we are wrong to call and ask your rep.

I apologize if I was getting snappy...Im getting tired I have been on here all day...lol

CW
to be honest i live in a 4g area and we are both saying they are unlimited so basically thats all that matters to me. I find it hard to trust what reps say on the phone.
Google is the next skynet
Old 05-13-2010, 11:20 PM
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
What was that suppose to say to me??? lol

CW
maybe i'm mistaken but it tells all right there, nowhere does it say its limited to data cards.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:22 PM
War is the answer!

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
to be honest i live in a 4g area and we are both saying they are unlimited so basically thats all that matters to me. I find it hard to trust what reps say on the phone.
Im not just saying what the rep is telling me Im pulling right off my contract.

CW
Old 05-13-2010, 11:23 PM
Bay Area Boss

when they say cap they mean your device will just stop working, that is correct they don't cap, they will call you and tell you you're using too much data. its weird because like i stated earlier most of the time they don't care, but i can name 3 people they have called specifically about data and told them to slow down or they will get an extra charge.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:27 PM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
Im not just saying what the rep is telling me Im pulling right off my contract.

CW
you also have to remember your contract will change once you sign a new contract, are you sure that the new one says unlimited data usage on a phone in a 3g area? i'm giving you updated info for new contracts supposedly.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:33 PM
War is the answer!

Quote:
maybe i'm mistaken but it tells all right there, nowhere does it say its limited to data cards.
its not really specific ether. I'll post it again right from my agreement. becouse I think we are both kinda saying the same thing its just a little different...

Effective July 13, 2008. Sprint reserves the right to limit throughput speeds or amount of data transferred; and to deny, terminate, modify, disconnect or suspend service if usage either exceeds (a.) 5 GB/month in total or (b.) 300MB/month while off-network roaming.

CW
Old 05-13-2010, 11:35 PM
War is the answer!

Quote:
you also have to remember your contract will change once you sign a new contract, are you sure that the new one says unlimited data usage on a phone in a 3g area? i'm giving you updated info for new contracts supposedly.
I have the training documents from sprint and there arn't any major changes from WM phones to the Evo. in fact if your on the 69.99 everything plan then all you have to do is add the $10. Im not signing a new contract so my plan wont be changing (except for the add-on)

CW

Last edited by WarChild; 05-13-2010 at 11:38 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:45 PM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
I have the training documents from sprint and there arn't any major changes from WM phones to the Evo. in fact if your on the 69.99 everything plan then all you have to do is add the $10. Im not signing a new contract so my plan wont be changing (except for the add-on)

CW
Well unless you're buying the phone full price or like you said work for sprint, you will be required to sign a new contract. But we are saying the samething.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:47 PM
War is the answer!

Quote:
Well unless you're buying the phone full price or like you said work for sprint, you will be required to sign a new contract. But we are saying the samething.
full price baby I have found Sprint treats you better if you dont have a contract...lol I dont work for Sprint though. I do know a Rep.

CW

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G